New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 80 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Yes doc, naiipunan yang portion na yan ng tubig because the whenever you use the lever, the water from the hands drip on it. And I am also not ruling out that the drip might be from the base of the faucet, though it has a gasket and I have tightened it myself. Although If the leak was from the faucet, it would be easier for it to drip directly to the floor rather than crawl towards the wall as there is no incline to there. I will also google for some good sealants, I've seen a product which stops water even with pressure from the side where the water gushes out. Pansamantala, I am preventing water from pooling by using a chamois, till I am able have time next week. Meanwhile, antay muna baka may mga same experiences and fixes by our tsikoteers. Happy Friday the 31th! House Construction

Sent from my M2101K7BG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Yes doc, naiipunan yang portion na yan ng tubig because the whenever you use the lever, the water from the hands drip on it. And I am also not ruling out that the drip might be from the base of the faucet, though it has a gasket and I have tightened it myself. Although If the leak was from the faucet, it would be easier for it to drip directly to the floor rather than crawl towards the wall as there is no incline to there. I will also google for some good sealants, I've seen a product which stops water even with pressure from the side where the water gushes out. Pansamantala, I am preventing water from pooling by using a chamois, till I am able have time next week. Meanwhile, antay muna baka may mga same experiences and fixes by our tsikoteers. Happy Friday the 31th! House Construction

oh!
    my bad!
    i thought, you had a leak in your gripo!

yun pala,
    the collected water on top of your marmol, was seeping thru the joint and dripping down to the underbelly of your sink...
    my 98 centavos' worth, would be the usual sealants in the mall.
    the invisible ones (or clear grout) should leave very little telltale marks.
    they are easy to DIY, naman.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 31st, 2021 at 04:36 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Use a clear silicone sealant, something waterproof labelled for kitchen and bathroom use. Sanitary grade would be better.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Tulo ang counter with sink ko, I know I need to scrape the dugtungan before I put sealant, but what sealant kaya maganda and sure fix pangmatagalan? Any suggestions, other than this? Thanks.Attachment 40351Attachment 40352

Joints are the reason why we only opt either Stainless or premium solid surface tops, sir. Stainless back-splashes are bent & joints, fully welded. Premium solid surface tops like DuPont's Corian would have all joints done monolithically in the same material, no sealants. Yes, lotsa copies around, but some warp w/ heat, stain w/ liquid spills & crack on corner joints. We get what we pay for.
    In your case, the faucet base may just need tightening + a bead of polyurethane seal seating won't hurt. I'd always discourage the temptation of getting pull-out kitchen faucet heads. A good Hans Grohe or Kohler Gooseneck will last you a long while. Sealant on your separated back-splash joint will be temporary fix. The practice prior to sticking non-monolithic vertical back-splash is to polyurethane seal the top-wall joint 1st. You might have to remove & redo that strip properly.
    Finally, sink modules are best done w/ waterproof boards, 18mm PVC or FiCem are ideal options that can stand water abuse.
    Always remember, any kitchen is just as good as its top & undermount sink. Once these trouble you, a proper redo is a must to keep it functioning properly.
    Hope you'll sort it out sooner than later, sir.
    A blessed '22, y'all! Stay grateful!House Construction

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Try mo ABC silicon sealant available sa wilcon depot. Makapit.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Welcome back Sir Travs! As always, valuable advise from an expert. I was simply going to put a bostik waterproof sealant underneath the faucet, but that sealant seat I did not think of. Yeah, I'm going to reseat it then. And thank you to those also who chimed in, I will find a good sealant. Happy 2022 later!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Welcome back Sir Travs! As always, valuable advise from an expert. I was simply going to put a bostik waterproof sealant underneath the faucet, but that sealant seat I did not think of. Yeah, I'm going to reseat it then. And thank you to those also who chimed in, I will find a good sealant. Happy 2022 later!

Thanks, sir. With no power & weak sig, took a bit of luck to have replies successfully sent, I guess.House Construction
    Again, a blessed '22 to all!!!House Construction

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Hoping for the quick recovery of typhoon ravaged areas House Construction

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Hoping for the quick recovery of typhoon ravaged areas House Construction

Same prayer. Many had it worse. Picking up the pcs...counting blessings!House Construction

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    travahans,

check this villa that survive odette. Meron parang rattan outer roofing and inner fiber glass?

starts 2:20

ganito mga gusto ko may sarili diskarte hindi sumabay sa agos.

House Construction