New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Won't that consistency be difficult to manage if I don't have a concrete vibrator?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    As long as you dont see too much water separated on your concrete mix thats ok.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Won't that consistency be difficult to manage if I don't have a concrete vibrator?

It's not just recommended but required, sir. Drier, stronger mixes won't flow well. The proper way to prevent air bubbles, voids & honeycomb is thru proper vibration. It's even wise to keep a spare ready upon pouring as vibrator failures can be quite common.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpedition View Post
    For 1:2:3 workable mix you can get 4000-5000 psi. You can try 1:3:4 for 3000-3500psi. Sometimes on sacks method not all are filled equally. Like what trav said water is a major factor for concrete strength.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    At a nearby house under construction, the engr told me she was using 1:4:6 for structural citing the sacks don't really get filled, but I think that would be more like 1:3:5. Just thinking that maybe if I do 1:2:4, then that would be more like 1:1.5:3?

Actually gusto no foreman equal parts sand and gravel para daw iwas voids sa column, ano kaya effect nito sa strength?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    It's not just recommended but required, sir. Drier, stronger mixes won't flow well. The proper way to prevent air bubbles, voids & honeycomb is thru proper vibration. It's even wise to keep a spare ready upon pouring as vibrator failures can be quite common.

Thanks sir Travs, will see if I can rent one.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    At a nearby house under construction, the engr told me she was using 1:4:6 for structural citing the sacks don't really get filled, but I think that would be more like 1:3:5. Just thinking that maybe if I do 1:2:4, then that would be more like 1:1.5:3?

Actually gusto no foreman equal parts sand and gravel para daw iwas voids sa column, ano kaya effect nito sa strength?

If in doubt & you've the time to do some R&D, you can have your sample mixes lab-tested for compressive strength.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    If in doubt & you've the time to do some R&D, you can have your sample mixes lab-tested for compressive strength.

Haha this is getting too meticulous. Maybe what I'll do is to keep a sample for testing later, I read that concrete achieves 99% strength in 28 days and continues to go beyond it's "rated" strength as years go by.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Haha this is getting too meticulous. Maybe what I'll do is to keep a sample for testing later, I read that concrete achieves 99% strength in 28 days and continues to go beyond it's "rated" strength as years go by.

Pardon begged, OCD & habits kicked in.House Construction

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    No apologies needed Sir, I am very grateful for receiving valuable advise from the Masters House Construction

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    No apologies needed Sir, I am very grateful for receiving valuable advise from the Masters House Construction

Thanks, sir. Not qualified a master though. That honor should go to max.House Construction

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Guys what's the best way to anchor wooden baluster railing to tiled stairs? The stair tiles are outdoor finish porcelain types.

Original plan was to have stainless steel railing but I'm trying to save a bundle by using wood.

House Construction