New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404647484950515253 LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 529
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,938
    #491
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    We used to pass that road when we would come from Sta. Ana (yung race track) and head to Mandaluyong/Kalentong.
    akala ko sa balete drive yan... parallel to New Panaderos pala..

  2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,101
    #492
    Continuation.. M.arcache. Heart attack, injuries

    The Sta. Ana mansion became an empty nest when most of the siblings moved out with their families. Maurice and Alex were left with seven maids, a cook and a driver. The Arcache siblings sold the house to a Chinese businesswoman.

    ?I told my sisters: ?If the house is dismantled, we keep the wood doors, stained glass, wrought iron grills and the tiles. Stipulate that in the contract,?? said Maurice.

    The condition was never honored. As the house was being demolished, the engineer supervising the demolition suffered a heart attack. As the second floor was being dismantled, the contractor broke his two legs after a fall on the site; he quit his job. The architect died of a heart attack .

    According to Maurice, the new owner tried to sell the property but in vain. Maurice has never returned to his former address.

    The house may be gone now, but, according to Licauco, the spooky vibrations of the salvaged architecture may have been transferred to several new owners.

    Source : PDI

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,494
    #493
    Horror stories # 4

    The GI Ghost Squad:
    The farm neighboring ours was the site where World War 2 Japanese soldiers massacred a squad of American GI's. Story has it that the Japanese encircled the evening dug out of the helpless Americans and shot them pointblank, even decapitating the bodies. The tale of the GI Ghost Squad started way back in the 80's when strife and turbulent times was present in Sugarlandia.

    One rainy evening, in one of the roads in between sugarcane fields, a truck laden with cane enroute to the mills stalled and broke down. Since it was late at night, the driver and his companion decided to sleep in the truck and ask for help the next day. They were awaken in the middle of that rainy night with a loud banging in the trucks' door. The driver described what he saw as a group of American GI's (about 8), and their officer, who asked the driver where is the way going to Murcia (a town in Negros). After giving the directions, he noted that the GI's entered the cane fields and were gone.

    Next morning, he narrated his story to the farm encargado. The encargado was already a 5 year old child when the massacre took place. He proceeded to tell that tale of the ghost squad, he said that his parents, and the other elderly people of the farm buried the massacred GI's and offered prayers for their souls. And the Americans exhumed all the bodies for proper burial after the war. But, the encargado says that the souls of the GI's are still within the place where they were killed, roving, hunting, asking for directions to unknowing strangers.

    Boo!

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,593
    #494
    nung bata pala kami dun kami
    tumira sa fort bonifacio o libingan ng mga bayani.
    sa likod ng dating bahay namin yung mga cross na puti.
    si erpats ni isang anino walang nakita o naramdaman, gabi pa siya dumarating at naglalakad lang siya pauwi.
    si ermats puro white lady lang nakikita.

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,101
    #495
    At the Capitol Medical Center, nobody uses a certain elevator. According to a doctor there, an orderly fell to his or her death in that elevator shaft. The orderly was talking to someone and didn't notice there was no elevator cabin when he or she stepped inside.
    Nobody told this story to Kevin Sandiego. Sandiego, his father and his sister were supposed to get off at the second floor but the elevator took them to the basement. A man wearing slacks and a long-sleeved shirt got off at the basement and they followed him, thinking there was another way.
    "The man turned to the left and so did we but there was no corridor, just a wall. The man vanished into thin air. We ran to the elevator but it was closed. We had to bang the elevator doors in almost complete darkness before it finally opened," Kevin says. A nurse later told them that the basement used to be a morgue. Source: scary spot in metro manila

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    17,335
    #496
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj_abs View Post
    At the Capitol Medical Center, nobody uses a certain elevator. According to a doctor there, an orderly fell to his or her death in that elevator shaft. The orderly was talking to someone and didn't notice there was no elevator cabin when he or she stepped inside.
    Nobody told this story to Kevin Sandiego. Sandiego, his father and his sister were supposed to get off at the second floor but the elevator took them to the basement. A man wearing slacks and a long-sleeved shirt got off at the basement and they followed him, thinking there was another way.
    "The man turned to the left and so did we but there was no corridor, just a wall. The man vanished into thin air. We ran to the elevator but it was closed. We had to bang the elevator doors in almost complete darkness before it finally opened," Kevin says. A nurse later told them that the basement used to be a morgue. Source: scary spot in metro manila
    Parang that kind of story is prevalent with a lot of buildings. Kahit sa dating office ko may story na ganyan (na-deadbol dahil walang elevator).

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,494
    #497
    In Bacolod, we have a family mausoleum in the middle of the street.

    Familia Luzuriaga Cemetery: Only in Bacolod City - ExperienceNegros.com

    Courtesy of ExperienceNegros.com

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,938
    #498
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Parang that kind of story is prevalent with a lot of buildings. Kahit sa dating office ko may story na ganyan (na-deadbol dahil walang elevator).
    is it even possible? magopen yung doors automatically ng wala pa yung cabin?

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    17,335
    #499
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    In Bacolod, we have a family mausoleum in the middle of the street.

    Familia Luzuriaga Cemetery: Only in Bacolod City - ExperienceNegros.com

    Courtesy of ExperienceNegros.com
    Magkapit-libingan pala pamilya natin pards... Inside our family mausoleum, mummified yung remains ni great great grand lolo. He died in the 1930s and when i last saw the body in 2002, buo pa rin! May picture pa kami together (sorry, can't post that here).

    So sa afterlife, may tsikot chapter pa rin siguro...
    Last edited by vinj; March 13th, 2013 at 03:38 PM.

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,494
    #500
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Magkapit-libingan pala pamilya natin pards... Inside our family mausoleum, mummified yung remains ni great great grand lolo. He died in the 1930s and when i last saw the body in 2002, buo pa rin! May picture pa kami together (sorry, can't post that here).

    So sa afterlife, may tsikot chapter pa rin siguro...
    Primo, no blood relation ako sa mga Luzurriaga (maybe meron pero too remote na).

    Yeah, your great great grand Lolo was a force to be reckoned with during his heydays in Negros!

Ghost / Scary / Supernatural Stories [Merged]