New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 46 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by joms View Post
    I looked into the economics of using a generator and damn, even if I'm only going to run this 3x a year (1 to 3 days per blackout), it would cost me around P5,000+ in gasoline per day! I thought it over and i think I will remove my need to power an aircon.

In this regard, my nominal watts would run at around 1800watts while my max will hit around 2500watts.

If this is the case, I am now looking at the following as my choice of generators:

1) Honda EP2500CX (2300nominal / 2500max) = gas cost would be P1940/day
    2) Elemax SH3200 (2500nominal / 3200max) = gas cost would be P1870/day
    3) ???

At this point, I would like to get the best 2000watts/2500max generator that is within my budget (P65,000). Maybe I can look into getting a diesel generator so that I won't need to worry about the carbon build up in the carburator. (and diesel is said to be safer than gas). Push button starter would also be nice so that it would be easy for the girls to start the generator (in case im not around). What other generators are in the same league with Honda/Elemax?

Is there also a generator wherein if you only use 50% of its capacity, the fuel consumption would go down?

Thanks
    Is that for 24hr operation of the genset?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I looked around again and damn, I just found out a very good generator which would definitely suit me.

Generator: Elemax SH07D (Diesel) Sound Proof Type (67dB)

Engine: Kubota Z482

nominal : 6500watts

max : 7000watts

Fuel capacity : 28Liters

Continues operation:

Full Load = 10 hours (cost to run whole day = P3,024)

75% Load = 13.3 hours (cost to run whole day = P2,274)

50% Load = 16.5 hours (cost to run whole day = P1,833)

25% Load = 20 hours (cost to run whole day = P1,512)

Since I will be running it less than 2,000watts, I would be only spending around P1,650/day! (In contrast to P1,870/day if I use the elemax SH3200 and P1,941/day if I use the Honda EP2500CX)

Also, it means that in the event that I would like to use my aircon, the generator can easily handle it. This also has an electric starter and it uses diesel!!! It seems everything I want is with this generator. Question now is, how much does this cost and if its available in the Philippines. I hope it is as I would surely get this!

Does anyone know if this is being sold here in the Philippines? Thanks

by the looks of it that unit is gonna cost well over P100,000

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I looked into the economics of using a generator and damn, even if I'm only going to run this 3x a year (1 to 3 days per blackout), it would cost me around P5,000+ in gasoline per day! I thought it over and i think I will remove my need to power an aircon.

In this regard, my nominal watts would run at around 1800watts while my max will hit around 2500watts.

If this is the case, I am now looking at the following as my choice of generators:

1) Honda EP2500CX (2300nominal / 2500max) = gas cost would be P1940/day
    2) Elemax SH3200 (2500nominal / 3200max) = gas cost would be P1870/day
    3) ???

At this point, I would like to get the best 2000watts/2500max generator that is within my budget (P65,000). Maybe I can look into getting a diesel generator so that I won't need to worry about the carbon build up in the carburator. (and diesel is said to be safer than gas). Push button starter would also be nice so that it would be easy for the girls to start the generator (in case im not around). What other generators are in the same league with Honda/Elemax?

Is there also a generator wherein if you only use 50% of its capacity, the fuel consumption would go down?

Thanks
    these past few days nun nag brown out ang sinubukan kung gamitin na genset to test the efficiency is yung 6.2kva na gasoline genset.. the nine liters of gasoline lasted for 6 hours hangang tumirik... or 1.5li per hour.. if compute natin for 24hours... nasa Php 1872 per day.. using a 6.2kva genset

sa estimate ko yung 2.5kw namin or 3.2kva would consume less than 1 liter per hour of gasoline...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Is yamma a good brand? Japan daw

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    *Uls
    Yup. Maliit lang nga yung mga nakita ko nung nag canvass ako last saturday sa raon. The prices are around 42K - 48k with brands like Yamada, Yamma, Firefly etc. Grabe dami ng bumibili nung generator last saturday, akala mo siopao lang yung binibili sa sobrang dami ng tao. Hirap mag canvass dahil di ka mapapansin nung mga salesman.
    Canvass ulit ako bukas, binondo naman. Tingin ko konti na lang tao nun dahil may mga pasok yung iba unlike weekends.
    Other than gensets, ano pa business nyo? I'm also looking for crane rentals.

I may be stupid, but I am not a fool.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    *Uls
    Yup. Maliit lang nga yung mga nakita ko nung nag canvass ako last saturday sa raon. The prices are around 42K - 48k with brands like Yamada, Yamma, Firefly etc. Grabe dami ng bumibili nung generator last saturday, akala mo siopao lang yung binibili sa sobrang dami ng tao. Hirap mag canvass dahil di ka mapapansin nung mga salesman.
    Canvass ulit ako bukas, binondo naman. Tingin ko konti na lang tao nun dahil may mga pasok yung iba unlike weekends.
    Other than gensets, ano pa business nyo? I'm also looking for crane rentals.

I may be stupid, but I am not a fool.
    loaders, forklifts

wala kami crane

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    these past few days nun nag brown out ang sinubukan kung gamitin na genset to test the efficiency is yung 6.2kva na gasoline genset.. the nine liters of gasoline lasted for 6 hours hangang tumirik... or 1.5li per hour.. if compute natin for 24hours... nasa Php 1872 per day.. using a 6.2kva genset

sa estimate ko yung 2.5kw namin or 3.2kva would consume less than 1 liter per hour of gasoline...
    Glenn - thanks pre pero as per yung Elemax 7600 (6.5kva), it has a capacity of 28 liters but would only run a max of 7.2hrs as indicated sa spec sheet nya. That gives a costing of P5,133/day. I'm not sure bat mas matipid yung 6.2kva generator mo. I am only basing all these from spec sheet. I get the number of fuel tank capacity of the unit then get the max no. of hours the generator would run. It came out na pinaka ok yung Diesel elemax SH07D then the elemax SH3200 (P1,870/day).

uls - pre you really think that would cost more than 100k? dang if that's the case I think i would just get the elemax SH3200 (around P45,000) or the honda EP2500CX (around P36,900)

Thanks

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    sir what i meant by quality of enclosure is not only the thickness of the steel. pati yung sound insulation material. pati yung pagkagawa ng mga pinto -- the tightness of the seal pag nakasara. pati quality ng doorlocks

in short pangit ang enclosure ng China "silent" gensets

walang sinabi sa gawa ng Japan

China "silent" gensets have flimsy doors that don't close tightly. cheap doorlocks. sound insulation material is thin and missing in some places
    ganun din po sir.. pati doorlocks pwede mo din palitan ng magandang klase po... yung insulation foam naman dalawang klase po yan yung isa 2" FOAM lang po.. yung isa maliban sa 2"foam nilalagyan din ng rock wool (selected areas only)

nag pasok na kami dati ng genset na parang pinto ng kotse kung sumara... meron pang shock yung mga pinto to assist sa closing and opening ng doors...

and if the doors dont close tightly... alignment lang po yan...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Glenn - thanks pre pero as per yung Elemax 7600 (6.5kva), it has a capacity of 28 liters but would only run a max of 7.2hrs as indicated sa spec sheet nya. That gives a costing of P5,133/day. I'm not sure bat mas matipid yung 6.2kva generator mo. I am only basing all these from spec sheet. I get the number of fuel tank capacity of the unit then get the max no. of hours the generator would run. It came out na pinaka ok yung Diesel elemax SH07D then the elemax SH3200 (P1,870/day).

uls - pre you really think that would cost more than 100k? dang if that's the case I think i would just get the elemax SH3200 (around P45,000) or the honda EP2500CX (around P36,900)

Thanks
    ask ko din ibang clients namin kung nakaka ilan liters sila per hour...

sir do you have actual pics. nyan.. elemax and honda na yan and san daw po gawa?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    *Glenn = Elemax SH7600 and SH3200 are made in Japan. Elemax uses Honda engines. Complete line-up, pics and specs can be found here: ELEMAX GENERATOR JAPAN: EX Series - Products Line up

Honda EP2500CX not sure but I think made/assembled in China already pero I think Japan pa din yung parts. Their specs/pictures/SRP price can be seen here: http://www.hondaph.com/view/power-pr...wer-generators

Note: Honda Philippines recognizes the Honda generators such as the EP2500CX and they will honor the warranty. As far as I know, they will not, however, honor the warranty of the Honda engine placed in the Elemax generator.

Generator sets