New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 136
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,720
    #1
    Hi everyone, i'm planning to plant some creepers to cover up the exposed walls/spaces at home. At least in my mind, the cover should help things cooler, since the areas aren't getting baked in the sun. Plus, i like the "green" look of it.

    Any recommendations for creepers/climbers? Preferrably the ones that don't destroy walls with their roots. A local plant shop suggested Ficus pumila, but i hear its roots can get into crevices and slowly destroy concrete walls.

    Some sources suggest that our native sampaguita(Jasminum sambac) can grow as a vine; pwede nga ba?

    tia

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,178
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Hi everyone, i'm planning to plant some creepers to cover up the exposed walls/spaces at home. At least in my mind, the cover should help things cooler, since the areas aren't getting baked in the sun. Plus, i like the "green" look of it.

    Any recommendations for creepers/climbers? Preferrably the ones that don't destroy walls with their roots. A local plant shop suggested Ficus pumila, but i hear its roots can get into crevices and slowly destroy concrete walls.

    Some sources suggest that our native sampaguita(Jasminum sambac) can grow as a vine; pwede nga ba?

    tia
    what about bamboo? yung manipis, hindi yung pang-bangka.
    they won't creep, but they shoot straight up and can effectively cover your wall, without effectively touching it.
    but i am not sure of what the roots will do...

  3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,720
    #3
    Most of the floor is concrete po. I've thought about cutting a strip to plant bamboo, but i hear a lot of comments na ma-lagas daw sya, and it's virtually impossible to get rid of once nagka ugat

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,178
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Most of the floor is concrete po. I've thought about cutting a strip to plant bamboo, but i hear a lot of comments na ma-lagas daw sya, and it's virtually impossible to get rid of once nagka ugat
    what about putting up a vertical balag of sorts. that way, the creeper will use the balag and won't touch your wall.
    my concern with creepers, is that some of them aren't perennials. they die naturally after a year or two...
    tanim kayo ng patola o bitter gourd.. may pakinabang pa. wag upo. baka mabagsak ang balag.
    heh heh.

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,720
    #5
    Yeah,putting up a bamboo grid/trellis could work. Iniisip ko naman e talian ng nylon from top to bottom of the wall for them to creep on

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,178
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Yeah,putting up a bamboo grid/trellis could work. Iniisip ko naman e talian ng nylon from top to bottom of the wall for them to creep on
    yesss.. i've seen that, too.
    what about nylon chicken wire? or maybe something stronger, like industrial grade trellis? yung ginagamit na netting sa construction..?

  7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,720
    #7
    Does anyone know what these plants are:

    vine.jpg

    vine-1.jpg
    Last edited by badkuk; May 18th, 2016 at 10:29 AM.

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,494
    #8

  9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    12,858
    #9
    medyo ot :

    di ko maintindihan kung bakit pero lately tuwang-tuwa ako sa mga solar powered garden lights. halos lahat ng malalaking paso na nakapatong sa fence namin pinag-lalagyan ko

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    45,774
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    medyo ot :

    di ko maintindihan kung bakit pero lately tuwang-tuwa ako sa mga solar powered garden lights. halos lahat ng malalaking paso na nakapatong sa fence namin pinag-lalagyan ko
    Where did you buy, how much and how does it look like?

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Gardening