New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver
    businesses that don't cater to the masses?

internet, microsoft, dvds/movies (not talking about nora aunor movies-hollywood.....yung pinipirata d2, Google, amazon, aol/time warner, carmakers. ****, real estate and prolly a lot more beyond my limited knowledge.

masses don't have or pay for these stuff so not all are keeping the little man down while milking him dry.
    Hollywood movies/dvds: People who watch movies in theaters and buy legal dvds keep movie companies profitable. Kung hindi dahil sa mga nagbabayad para manood ng sine at bumili ng legal na dvd, walang ipipirata ang mga pirata.

same with ****.

Internet is not free. U need to pay for DSL or dial up. Free wifi? someone owns the router and pays for the dsl so u can use it for free. That someone has an income derived from somewhere.

Amazon sells books and stuff online. Amazon customers keep amazon alive.

AOL/Time Warner is a media and communications company. AOL/Time Warner owns CNN, HBO, Time magazine, Time Warner Cable, etc. pls. read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Warner They make money from the american public and the rest of the world.

Cars/real estate: Ang pambili ng bahay/lupa at oto ay galing sa pagtrabaho sa kompanya o sariling negosyo na mass market ang customer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my world view is unpopular.

i dont live in a bubble.

I dont live in Disneyland.
    Last edited by uls; May 5th, 2006 at 11:35 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls

i dont live in a bubble.

no, you live in judgemental land. or is it hypocrite land? same thing.

keep on posting your senseless drivel. it's getting quite amusing.

and just when i thought the forum was getting a little bit boring
    Last edited by empy; May 5th, 2006 at 12:33 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    dude, so everyone is masa except bill gates and super rich types? dba tawag saten..... eh buying public? consumer? eh kung lahat nga naman ceo ng kumpanya eh walang bebentahan.

Consumer=masa? then I think we are not on the same page here. hehe... kala ko masa is the one who buys tinqi tingi and discount stores lang.

Hollywood movies/dvds: People who watch movies in theaters and buy legal dvds keep movie companies profitable. Kung hindi dahil sa mga nagbabayad para manood ng sine at bumili ng legal na dvd, walang ipipirata ang mga pirata.

same with ****.

Internet is not free. U need to pay for DSL or dial up. Free wifi? someone owns the router and pays for the dsl so u can use it for free. That someone has an income derived from somewhere.

Amazon sells books and stuff online. Amazon customers keep amazon alive.

AOL/Time Warner is a media and communications company. AOL/Time Warner owns CNN, HBO, Time magazine, Time Warner Cable, etc. pls. read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Warner They make money from the american public and the rest of the world.

Cars/real estate: Ang pambili ng bahay/lupa at oto ay galing sa pagtrabaho sa kompanya o sariling negosyo na mass market ang customer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my world view is unpopular.

i dont live in a bubble.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    basically uls is saying na everything will trickle down to the poor and because of this effect without the poor walang yayaman. Pero pilosopo lang talaga ung pagsabi niya

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nmtin
    basically uls is saying na everything will trickle down to the poor and because of this effect without the poor walang yayaman. Pero pilosopo lang talaga ung pagsabi niya
    it seems like it does because the poor out numbers the rich a billionfold.

but if you will really think about it...umiikot lang talaga yansa lahat ng tao.mayaman ka man o mahirap.but then..since pilosopo ang sinabi niya..then so be it.not a problem with me.

m54: you thought the forum was boring ha... herhehrehr...

The basic arguement of this thread is whether those who donates to charities do it out of goodwill or have a hidden agenda whether possitive or negative. My view is that we should give the benefit of the doubt because it is totally unfair to those people/companies who do it out of goodwill. It is better to give for whatever reason than not do anything and criticize.

Sumakit ulo ko sa mga arguments dito

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Our people have gone down to a level where we have to honor those who do good (or the right thing).

A cab driver who returned money his passenger left in the cab. A little girl who turned over a backpack full of money someone dropped. They were rewarded handsomely.

Is doing the right thing so rare nowadays that things like that call for a celebration and reward-giving?

Is doing the wrong thing the standard these days? that we have to broadcast over the evening news that doing the right thing has its rewards?

So now we actually have to encourage our people to do the right thing? Isnt doing the right thing the default thing to do?

Our country has no shortage of inspirational messages. We have priests and churches everywhere. We have religious tv shows everyday.

Man cannot live on bread alone. That is if u dont have any problem obtaining bread...then u can set ur mind to more spiritual pursuits. But if ur daily existence is concerned with obtaining bread, inspirational messages sound like background noise.

Our country has a shortage of capital. We need to attract capital. Just like what China and India are doing so well.

Then when ur citizens are not occupied with obtaining their daily bread, inspirational messages will begin to sound like inspirational messages.
    To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness. What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places--and there are so many--where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction. And if we do act, in however small a way, we don't have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory.

Howard Zinn

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    *chairman, ito naman ang itatanong ko sa'yo. para naman balanced hehehe.

what if you're head of a department of your big corporation. for the entire year, your bosses have been pressuring you and your department to contribute. say 10% of the company's total projected output for that particular year. by achieving so, you had countless overtimes, holiday works, missed a lot family events, pinned in the middle of complaining tired employees and pressuring upper management, became a victim of office politics and bureacracy etc... etc ... then on January you present to your bosses the 10% na pinaghirapan mo and your department.

a week after, your company issues a press statement that they are donating 10% of the previous year's income to charity/foundations. and you found out from accounting that the money will be taken from your department's outputs/funds. pano na? is it ok for you and just accept it as your part in helping others. with all that sacrifice, halos napabayaan mo pamilya mo, sarili mo and not to mention the morale of your subordinates. can you accept that in the new year, you have an almost broken home family to fix, while other families get fixed from your "donation".

somehow siguro you'll think hindi dapat ganun na lang kadali yun. ganun din sa mga companies in general. by donating to charity a hefty sum or something in kind, may katumbas yun, number of manhours worked by a particular group, the resources, etc etc ...

businesses are in the business of making money. and I firmly believe that they view their charitable acts more as a form of investment.
    *oldblue

First of all, if your work will destroy your family life, then it might be better to look for another job. priorities lang yan diba. it's up to you in the end. if you want to work for the company that doesn't prioritize family then that's up to you. you can always say no. ok, baka sabihin mo that's not realistic.. kasi kailangan ng pera. well some people do it. so it is realistic.

ok, sige granted my department made 10% and nalaman ko idodonate pala yun sa charity. then fine. at the end of the day my 10% made other people's lives better. but with the condition nga that it doesn't destroy my family. if i was working for a company that will destroy my family, lilipat nalang ako.

my 10% made giving to the poor possible. i should be honored na nagawa ko yun.

bro, at the end of the day.. this is just about doing something for the country and for your fellow men. we'lre all in this world to make a difference. so let's make one.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    beware of the dark side my young Padawan
    I sense the dark side lurking it is
    So much pain, so much pain...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    What u do for a living? If u have a business. who are your customers? where do they get the money to pay for the goods or services u sell?

If u work for a company. Where does the company get money to pay your salary? Who are the company's customers? Where do those customers get the money to buy the goods or services ur employer sells?

If ur a professional. who are your customers? saan galing pera nila?

Pilosopo ba? oo sige. mali ba?

Mali ba that i look beyond my immediate surroundings? Mali ba that im concerned that if my customers are having a hard time making money, they would buy less goods or services from me?

If im selling electronic gadgets to gadget freaks, i would like my gadget-freak customers to make lots of money in their business or work coz the more money they make, the more gadgets they buy.

If im selling car accessories, i would like the economy to be healthy coz if the economy is healthy, people would be buying lots of new cars and they would come to my shop to buy accessories for their new cars.

If im SM, i would like people to have lots of disposable income coz if people have more disposable income, they go shopping.

Mali ba? pilosopo sige. hindi mali.
    Last edited by uls; May 5th, 2006 at 02:09 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
The Eagle Will Not Fly Without the Poor