New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    a good read...tried to post the text here pero masyado ata mahaba. eto na lang yun link...

http://streetlifeextension.blogspiri...-the-poor.html

sana ma-inspire din kayo.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the big/multinational companies need the poor coz thats the market for their consumer products. Knowing the very small purchasing power of the masses, they have to package their products in sachets.

Same with telcos. they have to sell load in tingi.

As the purchasing power of the masses shrink even more, the profits of those companies are being threatened.

They realize that if the lives and income of the poor do not improve (and further deteriorate), they cant milk the poor anymore. They can only milk the poor so much before the poor completely dries up.

thats where that social responsibilty action comes in.

IN ORDER TO MILK THE COW, U HAVE TO FEED IT FIRST.

Help the poor improve their lives, give them decent paying jobs, and ur companies will have a steady mass market.

It really isnt about compassion. Its still about money.
    Last edited by uls; April 10th, 2006 at 02:42 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Another speech by Mr. Antonio Meloto, this time for UP graduating students...

Tony Meloto's Commencement Speech
    ISKOLAR NG BAYAN, BAYANI PARA SA BAYAN
    By Antonio P. Meloto, Gawad Kalinga
    U.P. Commencement Exercises
    National College of Public Administration and Governance
    22 April 2006

http://makeuseoftime.blogspot.com/20...nt-speech.html

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by uls
    the big/multinational companies need the poor coz thats the market for their consumer products. Knowing the very small purchasing power of the masses, they have to package their products in sachets.

Same with telcos. they have to sell load in tingi.

As the purchasing power of the masses shrink even more, the profits of those companies are being threatened.

They realize that if the lives and income of the poor do not improve (and further deteriorate), they cant milk the poor anymore. They can only milk the poor so much before the poor completely dries up.

thats where that social responsibilty action comes in.

IN ORDER TO MILK THE COW, U HAVE TO FEED IT FIRST.

Help the poor improve their lives, give them decent paying jobs, and ur companies will have a steady mass market.

It really isnt about compassion. Its still about money.

right on! in other words, economies of scale .

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ang sinabi lang naman ni Mr. Meloto mga sir e tulungan natin yung mga pooret of the poor para magkaroon sila ng pag-asa. pero to belittle yun ginagawa ng mga multi national companies in helping Gawad Kalinga is useless...kasi at least sila tumulong kahit na for the wrong reasons na in-assume nyo. I mean kung tumulong sila sa 10 families at may isang family na nagbago ang buhay dahil doon 'di ba ok yun. IMHO I think it's better to help with the wrong reasons than to have the right reasons and not doing anything at all, but to criticise those who are helping. common guys, I'm one of those dreaming of a better Philippines not for me but for the next generation. there's no way out of this pit we are in but to help each other.

peace!
    Last edited by prinsipe; May 3rd, 2006 at 02:42 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    it's not really belittling per se. yun naman mga sinabi nya present na since the day naimbento ang business or commerce. big business cant survive without the poor. it's a given. kumbaga in order for the markets to become efficient, kailangan hindi lang take ng take or profit ng profit, it has to give also. and what he said has been happening as we speak and in fact, even before we were born.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    got your point sir oldblue. pero hopefully may nakaunawa sa nais iparating ni Mr. Meloto. to tell you the truth I was a bit frustrated nun nabasa ko yun post kasi ang ganda nun laman nun speeches pero may nagative pa rin na napuna.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    big business can't survive without the poor = wrong conclusion

why? it's not about poor or not. business in general can't survive without a market. a lot of big business survive even if their market is not "poor". BMW, Toyota, etc.. wag mo sabihin poor itong mga customers nito..

Guys, let's not second guess the intentions of businesses who help Gawad Kalinga. Pasalamat nga tayo tumutulong sila. Pero sige, let's grant that they help to ensure that they have a market, what's wrong with that? buti nga tumutulong. pwede naman hindi. they can just close shop and move somewhere else. esp the multinationals.

I for one am happy to see that businesses have now a sense of social responsibility. let's not second guess their intentions. ika nga, let's just give them the benefit of the doubt and just help them.

Ask yourself this, am I helping the poor? Gawad Kalinga? if not wag na kayo mag reklamo kasi wala rin naman kayong naitutulong... O teka, bago kayo magalit wala akong pinapatamaan. I'm making a general statement. if you're not doing anything, don't complain. If you are doing something naman, just keep doing it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chairman
    Guys, let's not second guess the intentions of businesses who help Gawad Kalinga. Pasalamat nga tayo tumutulong sila. Pero sige, let's grant that they help to ensure that they have a market, what's wrong with that? buti nga tumutulong. pwede naman hindi. they can just close shop and move somewhere else. esp the multinationals.

I for one am happy to see that businesses have now a sense of social responsibility. let's not second guess their intentions. ika nga, let's just give them the benefit of the doubt and just help them.

Ask yourself this, am I helping the poor? Gawad Kalinga? if not wag na kayo mag reklamo kasi wala rin naman kayong naitutulong... O teka, bago kayo magalit wala akong pinapatamaan. I'm making a general statement. if you're not doing anything, don't complain. If you are doing something naman, just keep doing it.

if corporations don't give back to the community, then how many charities will go under? ask the beneficiaries if they view the hand that feeds and clothes them with suspicion.

casting a shadow of doubt on people who give, especially if one does nothing on his own (i'm not accusing anyone here either), sounds suspiciously like another form of crab mentality to me.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered

if corporations don't give back to the community, then how many charities will go under? ask the beneficiaries if they view the hand that feeds and clothes them with suspicion.

casting a shadow of doubt on people who give, especially if one does nothing on his own (i'm not accusing anyone here either), sounds suspiciously like another form of crab mentality to me.
    Amen to that! There's hope indeed for our beloved country.

Mabuhay ang tsikot.com!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
The Eagle Will Not Fly Without the Poor