The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    No!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    We are surrounded by corrupt politicians aren't we? So YES I do!
    Hell is other people.

Jean-Paul Sartre, Closed Doors (1944)
    French author & existentialist philosopher (1905 - 1980)
    http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/30237.html

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    don't know nothin' 'bout paschal's wager. what i posted is my opinion and belief.
    it all boils down to Faith vs. Reasoning....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^faith transcends the realm of reason...we believe for some things because science just can't explain them. it's like there's no other way to explain it...an impasse...what better way there is? believe!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    We are surrounded by corrupt politicians aren't we? So YES I do!
    "Nevertheless, it could be said that you will lead a better, fuller life if you bet on his not existing,..."
    IMO, the latter is the line of thinking of these corrupt politicians. If these politicians believe that they'll be accountable to God on their wrongdoings, siguro wala tayong corruption.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i belive in doctrine pa rin syempre...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yep, I believe in hell. but anything I do good deed is not enough to go to heaven. for the Jews, it was lambs sacrifice. for Christians, the sacrifice of the son of God can pay for all my sins.

so all I need is faith. but faith without works is dead. therefore, good deeds is the manifistation of faith. but good deeds is never my salvation...

faith is not always that easy, with a brain like mine that can only work *10% of it's capabilty.

edit: now I remember, Angels have way better brains than us, maybe even overclocked. but they even fell shorter than us.
    Last edited by rion; February 25th, 2009 at 05:52 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    religion has always been one of the topics of unending debate, and will always be..

for those who believe thru faith and for those who don't because of scientific reasons, how about this:

Religion without science is blind, and science without religions is lame - Einstein
    para peace to all

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    religion has always been one of the topics of unending debate, and will always be..

for those who believe thru faith and for those who don't because of scientific reasons, how about this:

para peace to all
    to be fair, Einstein also explicitly rejects a theistic god.

For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything "chosen" about them.
    -- Albert Einstein

The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this.
    -- Albert Einstein
    Last edited by bad driver; February 27th, 2009 at 06:09 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    ^^faith transcends the realm of reason...we believe for some things because science just can't explain them. it's like there's no other way to explain it...an impasse...what better way there is? believe!
    Or we could always say "we don't know" (yet).

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Do you believe in Hell?