I'm throwing this thread out there for those who are proud of what they've rebuilt. Rebuilding things can be a pain in the ass for those who are not used to it but definitely a calming hobby for those who love to troubleshoot, tinker and generally want to give a second life to broken equipment.

For work I'm currently rebuilding a vacuum pump for the school's chemistry department, among other tasks. Not a big task after being able to successfully rebuild two pumps that yielded great results, but this last one is proving stubborn because the mating surfaces are gouged so with another disassembled pump I'm hoping to create at least one good pump out of two bad ones.

Disassembly

How it is supposed to look like

More pumps to test, some to rebuild

Just a while ago I swapped the fan blade and fan clutch of my 300D. Not really rebuilding it per se because I did not have the silicone to refill the clutches, but the good one had silicone left so I just installed it as it is and hoped for the best. We'll see how it performs this coming week

I also took out the radio of my mother's 1992 Corolla because the tape deck ate her cassette, which she uses as review material. Needless to say the tape was beyond hope, it got broken so it's not salvageable. However I was able to install a nice factory clock on it, something I've been wanting to do for months but just did not have enough reason to do so (now I did). Took me a few hours to realize the plastics in that car are so brittle they easily break. It was difficult because I had to remove the underdash panel, the steering column covers, the lower dash panel, instrument cluster cover and eventually, the radio.

Let's hear your stories.