New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Finished ko na ang Davinci Code,
    i'd say parang movie in itself, kulang na lang ay yung mga dance numbers he..he

my wife's reading it na rin, will start A&D

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    yah, i read it on yahoo news lastnight. he's a good actor and i think he'll do justice sa role as robert langdon.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That will be an exciting movie!!! Ang A&D kaya hmmmmmnnnn.........

OT: You can also watch REVELATION...... ala Dan Brown ang story. Pati yung THE BODY starring Antonio Banderas.........

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    LONDON (Reuters) - Producers of the upcoming movie based on the blockbuster novel "The Da Vinci Code" were not allowed to film in Britain's Westminster Abbey after church officials denounced the book as "theologically unsound."

The 940-year-old London Abbey, where British monarchs are crowned, features in the international murder mystery by U.S. author Dan Brown which has been condemned by the Vatican and Anglican Church leaders for distorting the Christian message.

The novel alleges Jesus married Mary Magdalene and had children, whereas Christians are taught that Christ never married and was childless when he was crucified.

"Although a real page turner, 'The Da Vinci code' is theologically unsound and we cannot commend or endorse the contentious and wayward religious and historic suggestions made in the book -- nor its views of Christianity and the New Testament," the Abbey said in a statement.

"It would therefore be inappropriate to film scenes from the book here."

Last week officials at Lincoln Cathedral in eastern England said they had agreed to allow their building to be used by the makers of the forthcoming film, which stars Tom Hanks as the book's central character Professor Robert Langdon.

The statement from Westminster Abbey, which appears in scenes toward the end of Brown's novel, also insisted some of the book's details were factually inaccurate.

It said it would be providing the Abbey's marshals with information to clear up the mistakes for visiting tourists drawn to the church by its appearance in The Da Vinci Code.

"We are already receiving regular, daily inquiries related to the book and we expect these to continue and even grow in the next couple of years, even with no effort on our own part, simply because the book is so popular," its statement said.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Read the book, can't wait to see the movie.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kennster
    already read all the 4 dan brown novels.. i would rank Angels & Demons as the best, close 2nd is Da Vinci code, well tied for 3rd would be Deception point & Digital fortress. well, that's just for me. :D Can't wait for the next Robert Langdon novel to be released next year, this time US na daw setting.
    sakin da vinci muna before angels and demons, angels and demons ending is just too impossible for me

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sana si harrison ford na lang si robert langdon...

pede naman gawing CGi kesa mag location shoot...kaso baka ayaw din ng westminster abbey na i include sila dahil nga tourist will visit them for the wrong reason...well

lalo lang nagiging curious ang mga tao niyan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    watch the documentary "The Real Da Vinci Code" (by BBC ata). the show tries to prove (or disprove) the authenticity of the events, ceremonies, rituals in Dan Brown's book. very enlightening!
    Last edited by nitrox; June 6th, 2005 at 03:21 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    cant wait to see the movie version. - btw, try watching nicolas cage's national treasures. - sub plots nya parang Da Vinci's.. ( my option lng )

Da Vinci Code