New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    pa-send naman copy in pdf format sa dyelibins0120*softhome.net.

tks.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    sir, paki send din po. sent you pm. thanks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jelibins, Gretz... i forwarded to you the email of SunTzu... baka pagod na si SunTzu sa kaka email... hehehe...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako rin yung angels and demons thanks

david.tong*headstrong.com

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    btw, buti di nagalit ang Opus Dei na ginamit yung organization nila sa book

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Originally posted by gretzy
    btw, buti di nagalit ang Opus Dei na ginamit yung organization nila sa book

http://www.opusdei.org/art.php?w=32&p=7017

A response to The Da Vinci Code from the Prelature of Opus Dei in the United States.

tks mazda2, sun tzu. got it.
    Last edited by dyelibins; July 28th, 2004 at 04:41 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    http://secure.agoramedia.com/secrets/index_secrets.asp

------------------------------------
    What You Never Knew... (Note: Not my personal opinion)

Our devotion to separating fact from fiction has turned deciphering The Da Vinci Code into its own Holy Grail hunt! We have devised a list of intriguing questions – questions that you may have wondered yourself – and turned the list over to investigative journalist David Shugarts. With an extremely keen eye for detail and a fascination with The Da Vinci Code, Shugart helps unlock the most incredible Secrets. Remember, even the most observant reader can miss important details...

DUST JACKET:
    Is there a secret code on the book's dust jacket, and does it indicate what Dan Brown's next book will be about?
    Yes. If you look closely at the dust jacket copy, you will see that some characters are in a slightly bolder face than others. If you string the bold characters together, they spell out "Is there no hope for the widow's son?" This sentence refers to the Book of Enoch, where a favorite Dan Brown theme arises about the lost treasure of the Temple of Solomon. There are many allusions to Enoch. Genesis implies that he was a mortal who walked with God and was seen no more because God took him. The mystery surrounding Enoch was a subject for writing in Hebrew apocrypha even before the time of Christ...

PAGE 3:
    Silas shoots Saunière in the dark at 15 feet. Is this realistic?
    No, given the fact that Silas (who has "ghost-pale skin, thinning white hair" and whose "irises are pink with dark red pupils") is an albino, his chances of shooting Saunière in the dark at 15 feet are pretty low! Albinism (a pigmentation deficiency) very often causes poor eyesight or even legal blindness. Not to mention that hitting this target in the dark would be difficult for anyone!

PAGE 21:
    Langdon says that, "at President Mitterand's explicit demand," the new Pyramid monument at the entrance to the Louvre "had been constructed of exactly 666 panes of glass – a bizarre request that had always been a hot topic among conspiracy buffs who claimed 666 was the number of Satan."
    For this answer, we contacted the offices of the architect, the renowned I. M. Pei. A spokeswoman said the Pyramid actually contains 698 pieces of glass, as counted by one of the architects who worked on the project. She said the notion that President Mitterrand had specified the number of panes is "not based in fact." We also contacted Carter Wisemen, whose biography of I. M. Pei is among the works cited on Dan Brown's bibliography. Wiseman points out that I. M. Pei is an architect interested almost exclusively in geometric patterns and abstractions. To think he was concealing symbolic content in his work would be to miss the whole point of his aesthetic, says Wiseman.

Page 25:
    Fache wears a crux gemmata. What is the origin of this term?
    It is a cross with thirteen gems, described by Brown as "a Christian ideogram for Christ and his twelve apostles." In many places, orthodox Christianity calls for a plain wooden cross, or a cross with the body of Christ depicted. Gem-encrusted crosses arose in some medieval churches and were interpreted as signs of the resurrection. However, a crux gemmata can be seen as a sign of pride, power, and wealth as much as devotion.

Page 28:
    Brown says Opus Dei has its world headquarters at Murray Hill Place, 243 Lexington Avenue, New York City — built for $47 million, 133,000 square feet, redbrick and Indiana limestone. Designed by May & Pinska, with over a hundred bedrooms, 6 dining rooms, and chapels on the second, eighth, and sixteenth floors. The seventeenth floor is entirely residential. Men enter through the main doors on Lexington Avenue. Women enter through a side street and are "acoustically and visually separated" from the men at all times within the building. How true is this?
    This is pretty true! The Opus Dei National Headquarters really does exist – and it is located right in New York City. According to another source, Opus Dei "had just 84,000 members worldwide – three thousand in the U.S. – but its new $55 million, seventeen-story building in midtown Manhattan reflected a power far beyond its numbers."

And these are just a FEW of the amazing details, truths, lies, and plot holes that we have to share with you!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm in the last chapters of Dan Brown's first book "Angels and Demons" and it is far far better than his Da Vinci Code storytelling wise. Damn, there are so many twists and turns in the plot. You read it, be prepared for a really wild goose chase!!

Dan Brown's really good, huh? I already bought his other books "Digital Fortress" and "Deception Point" and keeping it on stand-by. I hope its a good as Angels and Da Vinci.

BTW, for a really really well written book with far-out characterization and plot development, pick up a copy of "MYSTIC RIVER". That's a damn good book. One of the best I've read so far. The movie version fails in comparison.

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Da Vinci Code