New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Newcomers may drive sans license

By MD AL-SULAMI | ARAB NEWS
    Published: Jan 3, 2011 23:32 Updated: Jan 3, 2011 23:32
    JEDDAH: Authorities have decided to allow newly arrived foreigners with valid licenses from their home countries to drive in the Kingdom for up to three months before being required to obtain a Saudi driving license.
    “Within the first three months the driver needs to go to a driving school and pass the driving test to obtain a Saudi driving license,” said a source in the Traffic Department.
    Employers should inform their insurers if a foreign worker will be driving a company vehicle using his foreign license.
    Sponsors lose considerable working hours because the drivers they import cannot work until they get a Saudi license.

Good news sa mga baguhan patungo ng Saudi....

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article228945.ece

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    isang way ng pang-gogoyo sa mga manggagawa dito.....

Novel way of misusing labor law

By SIRAJ WAHAB | ARAB NEWS
    Published: Dec 27, 2010 23:58 Updated: Dec 27, 2010 23:58
    DAMMAM: Legal experts will be watching closely a case in Jubail in which a expatriate worker leaving the Kingdom for good discovered his former employer had skirted a new Saudi labor law by giving him an exit/re-entry visa instead of a final exit visa.
    The difference may, to the untrained eye, seem inconsequential. However, according to the new Saudi law, an exit/re-entry visa instead of the required final exit visa will block an expatriate worker from returning to the Kingdom on a new employment visa.
    Under the revised law, the no-objection certificate previously required of companies for departing employees was eliminated, if they had a proper final exit visa on their passports. By cleverly substituting an exit/re-entry visa for the final exit, companies make it appear as if the employee has not left in good standing. This can preclude the worker from returning to the Kingdom for years in some cases. The final exit visa on one’s passport is seen by Saudi missions abroad as proof that the person has left the company with a clean slate.
    Some hapless employees only discover this as their passports are often delivered to them at the airport as they depart; some might not even notice the misuse until reaching their home countries.
    The reason this deceit has come to light is because a 33-year-old Indian pipe technician who had been with the same company for 13 years discovered the wrong visa at the airport’s immigration counter and went back to his former employers to correct the “mistake” and then return to India with his wife and two children. It was only after speaking to his employer that he learned this was not a mistake but an underhanded way to keep him from coming back to the Kingdom for future employment.
    “I never had any complaints against the company,” said the disgruntled pipe technician who has been stranded since October in Jubail with his family, unable to work and unable to leave. “When I discovered that my company had not given me the mandatory final exit and had only stamped an exit/re-entry visa, I thought it must have been an error on our administration’s part, so me and my wife and two children came back from the airport. Now, we don't have a home to stay in because we had cleared everything; after all we were going for good after settling all our accounts. We stayed at a friend’s place, and on Oct. 9, the day after we were supposed to travel home, I went to our office and explained the error. One manager sent me to another, and soon I realized it was not an error but a deliberate act of harassment.”
    One of the company managers told him they did not want him to come back to the Kingdom, and that was why they substituted the final exit visa with an exit/re-entry stamp.
    “I protested. I told them it is my right to have a final exit on my passport,” said the pipe technician. 'If you have any case against me then tell me. I would like to clear it,’ I told them. Of course there was no case. They cleared my end of service benefits. Everything was settled amicably. There was no acrimony. They would not listen to me and instead asked me to sign a paper that said I would not come back to the Kingdom for one year. They said I would get a final exit only after I signed that paper. I refused.”
    An official at the Labor Office in Jubail ruled in the employee’s favor and directed the company to get the proper visa. The company appealed to the higher authorities, which again ruled in the technician’s favor and directed the company to cancel all previous visas, stamp the final exit, and issue new air tickets for him and his family, so they would be able to travel within a week. The company refused, prompting the higher court to issue an order to the police to settle the matter. The company told the police that they have approached another office and that is where the matter is currently standing.
    For the technician and his family, every day presents new challenges. He has no legal documentation; he cannot travel anywhere else. His children cannot go to school, and he cannot send them back because he cannot get the final exit visa from the Passport Office because he does not have an iqama.
    He said he would like to return to the Kingdom and continue working in his trade — but probably for a more reputable company. “What's wrong with that? If I have a good offer, then I will surely take it,” the stranded technician said. “This is legal.”
    However, legal experts say a company can always approach the labor court to send its previous employee back, claiming that the person learned company secrets during the time of his employment.

Comments

Post a comment

Read all comments (45)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Filipinos launch drive to draw attention to unresolved cases

By RODOLFO ESTIMO JR. | ARAB NEWS
    Published: Jan 5, 2011 22:58 Updated: Jan 5, 2011 22:58
    RIYADH: Various chapters of Migrante International and two other groups have launched a campaign to seek justice for overseas Filipino victims whose cases have not yet been solved.
    “Called ‘Justice for Romilyn Eroy-Ibanez! Justice for All Victims,’ the campaign aims to bring to the attention of the concerned authorities pending cases of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) that need to be acted upon,” said John Leonard Monterona, Migrante Middle East’s coordinator.
    Romilyn Eroy-Ibanez was found unconscious in the kitchen of her sponsor's house in Alkhobar in September 2010 with acid burns and stab wounds. She was taken to King Fahd Hospital by the Red Crescent where she died a few hours later.
    “More than four months have passed after her gruesome death was reported but no charges have been filed because no police report has been received by the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in the Eastern Province or the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh,” Monterona said.
    Other OFWs whose cases remain unsolved include that of Rowena Peremne Arceo, 33, who died mysteriously in Alkhobar on Oct. 22, 2008; Joy Cabansi Sarto, 28, who mysteriously died on Sept. 22, 2009; Lorena (not her real name), 33, who was allegedly raped in Dammam; Eugenia Baja, 24, who was reported to have committed suicide but her body bore stab wounds and bruises; Clara (not her real name), who was gang-raped at her employer's house in February 2007; Analyn de Pena, 33, who was reported to have committed suicide but her family believes that foul play was involved; Marilou Macam Ating, 37, who was reported to have fallen from the fourth floor of her employer's residence but her family believes that foul play was also involved.
    The list of participants in the campaign include Migrante chapters in Alkhobar, Riyadh, Jeddah, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Libya and Kuwait, the ABC Group in Riyadh and the Saudi chapter of the Christian-Muslim Alliance for Justice and Peace in the Philippines.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Pinay nurse patay sa chopper crash
    Ni Mer Layson (Pilipino Star Ngayon) Updated January 09, 2011 12:00 AM Comments (0)

MANILA, Philippines - Isang Pinay nurse ang iniulat na kabilang umano sa apat na crew members na nasawi sa isang helicopter crash na naganap sa southern Riyadh sa Saudi Arabia nitong Biyernes.
    Batay sa natanggap na report ng Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), nakilala lamang ang Pinay sa pangalang Rosella, habang ang iba pang nasawi ay nakilalang sina pilot Capt. Khaled Al-Dakhil at First Lt. Mandeel Al-Subaihi, mga Saudis; at Egyptian doctor na si Amjad Al-Iraqi.
    Sinasabing sakay ng isang medical helicopter ng Saudi Armed Forces ang mga biktima patungo sa Hawtah Bani Tamim, 240 kilometro mula sa capital, upang sunduin ang isang pasyente nang mag-crash ito.
    Hindi pa naman matukoy ang sanhi ng aksidente. Nabatid na sa Saudi, gumagamit ng medical choppers para ilipat ng pagamutan ang isang pasyente.

Well compensated si kabayan sa Saudi Government....

Sa RP government kaya?

RIP kabayan, isa kang bayani sa paningin ng mga Saudi at ng mga kapwa mo Filipino.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mahal din ba yung patchi chocolate sa Saudi? I read online that in can be bought in Saudi. Mahal kasi dito.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; January 9th, 2011 at 09:10 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Mahal din ba yung patchi chocolate sa Saudi? I read online that in can be bought in Saudi. Mahal kasi dito.
    can afford naman sis..per KG and bilihan nyan dito...

nasa 2kpetot ang per KG nya....(approximate)....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Wow! that's so cheap compared to Manila!

P4.85/g x 1000 = P4,850 per KG

Hay, parang yung Truffles de France more or less double the price compared to the US.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Wow! that's so cheap compared to Manila!

P4.85/g x 1000 = P4,850 per KG

Hay, parang yung Truffles de France more or less double the price compared to the US.
    galing lang kasi ng Lebanon yan mas malapit dito...maraming kumpetensya dito yan Patchi....

me mga mas mura ibang brand(galing din ng Lebanon) halos kasinglasa din ng Patchi...

sarap nga yan Patchi.....

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    bro desert_fox I was able to buy Patchi today. I only got 4 bite size pieces because it was so expensive. The store looked more like it was selling jewelry not chocolates. he he.

Galaxy na lang ang inaasam ko!!! lol.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; January 22nd, 2011 at 07:31 PM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Buhay saudi.......