New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaztro
    Yes you can cross flood in 1500rpm. Really depends on the situation say you need to put higher rpms in situations that arises. You can play your rpm by tipping in/out your accelerator and not stepping on your clutch. For sudden stop, of course you need to shift to neutral in order for you not to stall. Shifting quickly or avoiding the use of clutch is a must.

Remember, "As slow as possible as fast as necessary"
    ito rin turo samin sa zuk club
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ako, madalas nag-hahanap ng side-streets. Di bale malayo ang ikutin.

However, kung walang side streets na pwedeng ikutan, hindi ako lulusong kapag yung water level eh 1/2 or 3/4 na ng tyre and wheel height ko.

Pero, kapag lumulusing ako, I try to maintain my engine RPM anywhere between 1500-1600. Dehins tapak sa clutch dahil papasukin ng tubig. I maintain a 3x car length distance between my car and the vehicle in front of me. Gears, mostly at 1st (sometimes 2nd when necessary). If I can help it, I don't stop.

Kinabukasan, I have my vehicle serviced. Minsan, ako na ang gumagawa. I open the brakes, check them and dry them myself.

Pero what do you do in situations like this:

a.) You have a vehicle in front of you that either stops or stalls and you just have a 1x car length distance.
    b.) A big bus or truck comes raging past you, and creates waves that laps up to the door handles.
    c.) A person, tricycle or bike crosses in front of you and you have to stop.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    medyo nag-re-rev ago bago lumusong sa baha .. pampalakas loob ..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    avoid shifting while crossing the flood. just maintain a constant rpm, who cares if youre moving at 10 kph hehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    b.) A big bus or truck comes raging past you, and creates waves that laps up to the door handles.
    pag ganyan wala ka din namang magagawa eh. just chug along nalang ...

on a related note ... nakakainis ung mga SUV's pag may baha! oo na kayang-kaya nilang lumusong sa baha pero do they really have to pass near you at speeds na ung bow wave nila eh nasa pinto mo na? konting malasakit naman saming nakakotse lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mikaztro kulet! :D

i'm not arguing with you, i just said item #3 in your post does not apply if the fan blades are electric motor driven. kulet!

in fact i'll even agree with you o! if the fan is driven by a belt then hitting the water at high engine speed (or rpm, kulet!) could bend or even shatter the fan blades. kulet!

isa pa! kulet! :D

A couple of years ago along Timog Ave., Heavy rains for about 2 - 3 hours straight transfered timog ave into a small river with cars floating (those unfortunate enough to be parked near the street). Out of nowhere a Tamaraw FX bravely forged thru the waist deep flood and made it...palakpakan mga tao, while an Expedition stalled (guess what he stopped in the middle near the deepest part )

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    once kolang ginawa sa safari..never ko na gawin ulit.buti walang nasira.

wag nalang if hindi naman emergency.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Baha: To cross or not to cross ??

not to cross na lang ...

cguro naman madami kayo sa daan halos kagaya ng ride or mag kakapareho ...or

mahina loob lumusong sa baha....hehehe

...kaya madami din kayo nag hihintay na bumaba ang baha...

isipin mo din sakali magyari sa iyo sa gitna ng baha at

iyon mga pwede sirain sa under chassis after mo lumusong sa baha

jamming na lang muna ..like UST days during rainy season

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    once kolang ginawa sa safari..never ko na gawin ulit.buti walang nasira.

wag nalang if hindi naman emergency.

right sir glenn ...ganyan ang point ko ..my cellpon naman (siguro noh)pwede

mo ma up date kasama sa bahay kung nasaan ka na or na stranded ka

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Baha: To cross or not to cross ??