New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Since tag-ulan na...siguradong baha season na naman.

Pag may naabutan kyong kalsadang may tubig/baha, anong mga rule-of-thumb nyo kung sasagasaan nyo yung baha or mag wait kyong mag subside? Any difference ba kung AT/MT ? kung EFI/Carburated ??

tia

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If i can't turn back and need to go, i wait for someone to go in first. :D

As much as possible, i avoid having to pass the baha (even if i drive a pick-up most of the time).

I just rev a bit while going through and just go slowly... afterwards, i ride on the brakes while driving to dry it off.
    Last edited by vinj; June 1st, 2005 at 01:00 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rule of thumb ko is my Stepboard kapag lubog na..atras na.
    nga pala my pickup is lifted by 2 inches.
    mas ok ang AT, on MT, when wading on floodwaters be sure not to apply the clutch a wet clutch is a bi*#$tch be sure to shift fast if needed

Yup, if you commit don't stop. Its either you go or not, if you have 2nd thoughts then wait for it to subside.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    for me.. tignan ko n muna kung may nakadaan. pag meron at safe naman yung baha. dadaan talaga ako. pero pag alanganin.. isip isip na muna... hirap na din..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Advice sa akin, when crossing a flooded road, always follow the wake created by the vehicle in front of you. Don't allow the water to "regroup" before you get to pass. If the road is sloping sideways, always stay on the left shoulder which is usually the highest point; you may not be able to see potholes, open manholes and other hazards on the road if you stay where the water is deeper.

And try not to stall the engine, regardless of whether it's a gas or diesel. :D
    Last edited by Bogeyman; June 1st, 2005 at 01:30 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    rule of thumb ko is my Stepboard kapag lubog na..atras na.
    nga pala my pickup is lifted by 2 inches.
    mas ok ang AT, on MT, when wading on floodwaters be sure not to apply the clutch a wet clutch is a bi*#$tch be sure to shift fast if needed

What will happen if you apply the clutch na basa ito?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ang alam ko pag dmaan sa baha, d dapat i-rrelease yng gas...dpt nka rev lagi...tama ba sirs?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    dapat rev lang ng rev... para hindi pasukin yung exhaust?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I usually engage my handbrake kung may baha. Naranasan ko na ang basang brake and di sya nakakatuwa lalo na AT kotse ko. Medyo malangis pa yong tubig dahil malapit sa mga car repair shops.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Baha: To cross or not to cross ??