New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    kailangan magaling sa english kasi papadala sya sa english-speaking pageant.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    sakin din dapat beauty and brains. ambassadors labas ng mga yan kasi. kung yung ibang bansa na may kandidata e ok lang may interpreter. sa pinay/pinoy tila di dapat. kilala tayong mga pinoy na karamihan magagaling mag ingles. kaya dami call centers dito satin e. parang di rin excuse yung kinabahan. kasi ilang bb. pilipinas na din naman dumaan hindi ganun kalibre ng mga kandidata.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i think what the TS is just trying to say is dapat panginternational caliber yung mananalo. of course kakabahan ka talaga sa stage when infront of thousands of people pero as we all see, yung nananalo is yung magaling and mabilis sumagot ng question. it appears na gumagamit na siya ng "fillers" sa pagsabi niya na first time and 17 lang siya... though nanalo siya swimsuit and another major award, it all comes down to brains.

gusto ba nating mga pinoy na ganon ang magrerepresent sa beloved country natin? kung yung audience nga natatawa na sa mga sinasabi niya, what more in an international event na millions na or even billions ang manonood? parang is that the best the philippines can offer?

just my opinon... peace!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nagtaka din ako dun eh - why does the whole "Binibining Pilipinas" have to be done in English? para na rin nila sinabi that you must be a perfect english speaker to represent the Philippines internationally. :screwloose:

but on the other hand, isn't grace under pressure one of the most important things you need in a beauty queen/national representative? with this performance she fails that criteria miserably - so it's a legit criticism.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Ok guys! Sorry sorry sa nagreact... Lalo na kela Gerard, Syu atbp...

Pero para sa akin lang... You cannot force me to accept your standards because we have different opinions. We are Filipinos, and in the first place we've studied English for almost or more than 10 years. We are being molded to be fluent speakers of the language but what is happening right now? We have English Crisis on the youth, well #15 is a 17 y.o. teenager and I would consider her English quite bad and to some of the group.

Do you think it's an excuse to be a 17 year old? It's her sole responsibility to enhance that knowledge and skill diba? She entered a show na hindi basta basta lang, hey folks, it's not all faces here. One should also look good above - head. She said it was her first time and it seems like she haven't prepared for it.

I was expecting a lot better, to be 10x better than the Binibining Pilipinas last year. I was expecting her, the #15 lady, to be better than those who were already finished because she proudly said, "No, I don't feel any pressure right now", you should listen to her tone & facial expression again. Models should serve as a model right? Di lang sana world peace but to proficiency and education... I may be harsh, and I admit I commit some wrong grammar and misspelled words, and I do knock my head off in the wall if I am not able to pass a 50 item test of UP's English profiency test because I know how important English is, and its use in the Medical field. I can endanger the life of my patient if I don't put value into it. Teachers are models as well, I know hot teachers do exist because I always attend to one of her class before , but what if they don't speak very well? I was so pleased with her, though she gives low grades, quite bossy, and snabera, but damn, she looks good and speaks good. She's so professional! I can attest to her hotness because the whole boys dorm was full of talk about her.

I envy my Korean friends because they have so much passion to learn, they spend their money here to study the language whereas we Filipinos have all the unlimited access like books, newspapers, teachers, speakers to Grammar Girls English podcasts. I've seen them learn step by step, I was there to listen their first sentence until they reached the stage - it may not be that clear and pronunciation needs a little polishing, but the pace, intonation, facial expression, confidence, heart and soul are packed into one. It may not be Binibining Pilipinas, but hey, there's the spirit, she prepared for it, she deserves to be praised.

As for having an interpreter, the show isn't Ms. Universe, it's Binibining Pilipinas. As a professional, if you are being asked in English, you should reply in English. If they can speak in English, why would the show hire an interpreter for the Japanese judge to understand what the lady just said?

I guess this is my 1 peso.
    Last edited by drey; March 10th, 2008 at 02:25 AM.
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung sagot nung no. 2, parang narinig ko na sa Eat Bulaga, yung sa Miss Gay Philippines.............

Yung #15, sisikat siya. Move over, Melanie Marquez!
    Last edited by chua_riwap; March 10th, 2008 at 01:57 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    mag pilipino na lang sya...hindi naman nakaka hiya ang pambansang wika natin a...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Eto yung buong transcript ng sagot ni #15.

Abante.com
    10 Mar 2008

Pinayuhan ni Paolo na magsalita na lang sa wikang Filipino si Janina dahil nahihirapan ito sa pagsasalita ng English pero hindi nagpaawat ang aspiring beauty queen na nanalo rin ng dalawang special award, ang best in long gown at best in swimsuit.

Sa mga hindi nakapanood sa TV ng pageant night, ito ang eksaktong linya ni Janina sa question and answer portion:

Paolo: Janina, how are you?

Janina: I’m fine.

Paolo: Alright. So you won two of the major awards, best in long gown [and] best in swimsuit. Do you feel any pressure right now?

Janina: No, I don’t feel any pressure right now.

Paolo: Confident!

Judge’s question: What role did your family play with you as candidate to Binibining Pilipinas?

Janina: Well, my family’s role for me is so important... because there was...they’re...they was the one... who’s...very...hahaha! Oh, I’m so sorry...ummm...my family...my family...oh my God!

I’m...okay. I’m so sorry...I...I told you that I’m so confident...eto...mmmm...wait...hahahaha!

Sorry guys because this was really my first pageant ever because I’m only 17 years old. And ahhh... I… I did not expect that I came from...I came from one of the top 10... So..but I said...that...my family...is the most important persons in my life. Thank you..”

Kitang-kita sa TV na napangiti na lang ang pageant judge na nagtanong kay Janina. Ayon sa isang eyewitness, nag-boo kay Janina ang audience sa Araneta Coliseum at mas malakas na boo ang isinigaw nila nang siya ang manalo ng Bb. Pilipinas-World title.

Reportedly, ipinaglaban si Janina ng isang maimpluwensyang miyembro ng committee na nagsabi na mas pinapaboran sa mga international contest ang ganda at hindi ang talino ng isang kandidata.

Ikinumpara pa niya si Janina kay Melanie Marquez na hindi raw mahusay magsalita ng English pero nanalo ng Miss International crown.

Sa website ng Mabuhay Beauties (www.mabuhaybeauties.com), puro panlalait sa organizer ng Bb. Pilipinas ang naka-post dahil sa desisyon nila na ipagkaloob kay Janina ang Bb. Pilipinas-World title. Binigyan pa nila ng kahulugan ang korona ni Janina na nahulog mula sa ulo nito. Bad omen daw ang pagkahulog ng korona.

Iyak nang iyak si Janina na hindi na umasa na mananalo dahil sa kanyang maling sagot. Actually, hindi nga niya nasagot ang tanong dahil kinabahan siya nang husto.

Si Patricia Fernandez ang 2008 Bb. Pilipinas-International winner at Bb. Pilipinas-Universe title-holder si Jennifer Barrientos.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Lol... Nakakatawa. Sorry pero nakakatawa talaga.

It's not because english ang pamantayan pagdating sa mga contests, it's how you answer the question. Remember that these beauty queens will not only be for display but also they are spokespeople representing the country all around the globe. (Are you sure you want her to represent the country? ) And besides, ang turo sa akin nung bata ako ay, pag tinanong ka sa tagalog, sagutin mo ng tagalog. So assuming the question is english, they are to answer in English.

Ako nga minsan pinagtatawanan ko sarili ko pag sumasablay ako sa english eh. But I don't mind and I don't bother getting that "american" accent. Kahit kaya ko, I still choose to retain my Filipino accent.

And kung sasagot man sila sa Tagalog, sana wag naman yung parang kaibigan mo lang ang kausap mo. They should use proper way of speaking our native toungue. Dapat kase yung mga judge nagtanong na lang in Tagalog since Binibining Pilipinas pageant naman at di Miss Philippines

And wala nang makakahalata nyan pag sumali sha sa Miss World. Kaso Filipinos are renowned as best English-speakers in Asia (or SE Asia?). Baka magpull-out yung mga call center investors pag gumanyan sha sa international pageant :rofl: Dapat mauna nyang malaman muna ang ibig sabihin ng "grace under pressure" and everything will follow.

*PS: Sinabi na pala nila lahat sa taas.. Parang echo tuloy ako

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rai2k8 View Post
    Lol... Nakakatawa. Sorry pero nakakatawa talaga.

It's not because english ang pamantayan pagdating sa mga contests, it's how you answer the question. Remember that these beauty queens will not only be for display but also they are spokespeople representing the country all around the globe. (Are you sure you want her to represent the country? ) And besides, ang turo sa akin nung bata ako ay, pag tinanong ka sa tagalog, sagutin mo ng tagalog. So assuming the question is english, they are to answer in English.
    Eherrrrmmmm!(....nasamid ako)

Agree.......dapat yung "spokespeople" spokening $.

[SIZE="1"](Peace po.)[/SIZE]
    Last edited by chua_riwap; March 10th, 2008 at 04:23 AM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Eeeewww... Binibining Pilipinas