New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    sori po sir,jrebongo pala.sensya na po.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    sir jrbonggo,anong gas po gamit nyo?sa kin po kasi 6-7kms/liter lng po.extra unleaded po gmit ko,petron.1mth p lng po ang 3v ko.advice na rin po kung ano ung driving technique nyo.salamat!
    These are the things that I did. I dunno if they 'really' extend the range pero eto ginagawa ko para maabot yung 10kms/liter

1. Binababaan ko madalas ung thermostat ng aircon - Hindi sya nakafull lalo na sa umaga at sa gabi. Take note, thermostat hindi blower. - Pero syempre pag mainit tinotodo ko din. But since madalas sa umaga at gabi ang byahe ko, nasa about 60% sya.

Hindi ko na pinapatay aircon. Mas matipid pag patay aircon kaso kelangan buksan ung bintana - e madumi ang hangin. Baka umitim ung mga car seats.

2. You need to learn how to glide
    - You need to experiment on this for yourself kasi madaming technique ako natutunan na mahirap ipaliwanag e pero parang ganito ang principle - lets say I step on the accelerator for 30sec, I then take my feet of for about 5-6sec.

Ang pagkaka-alam ko when the car is running and you dont press on the accelerator, hindi talaga nagpu-pump ng gas sa makina. Hindi katulad sa idle, the car still uses a little gas to keep the engine running.

So in short, that 5-6s window means I'm saving about 20% compared to if I step on the pedal all the time

- I found out that in slow moving traffic, I can sometimes just glide for a very very long time. I just press on the pedal, and it takes some time before I need to press on it again. The traffic is slow so you can glide to your hearts content.

- You need to have some distance with the cars in front so you can glide. Ang kalaban mo dito inis kasi madalas me sisingit. Lalo na mga motor. Pero on the average, you can safely trail with some distance.

- You can glide also when stopping on corners or on redlight. Pag nakita ko na redlight and I'm still 100-200 mtrs away, I dont press on the gas anymore. Hayaan na lang to gently decelerate until I reach the line. Whats the use of accelerating in that situation, I'm gonna stop anyway. I'm in no rush to wait.

Ok lang nmn me sumingit. Yung madelay ka ng 3meters kasi me sumingit is no big deal.

Basta - do anything you can to module your driving habits so you 'DONT BRAKE' so much.

- On light traffic, the speed I try to target is about 60kms/liter.

- On the highway - I go up 100-120 kms - Then glide until the speed reaches 70-80 or so then go back up again

Ayan - These are the main thing that I do. Try mo then let me know if it helped.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    2009 Mazda CX-9. Im happy with it.

Dislikes:

1. Manual mode on the AT has lag
    I noticed this too when I test-drove a Mazda 6 2.3 back in 2006. Hugely disappointing given the zoom-zoom tagline

Otherwise that car pushed all the right buttons for me. Right-sized, good ride/handling compromise, drives like a smaller lighter car - heck, it's even easy to parallel-park. It's a shame it wasn't very popular here as it was one of my favorite Mazdas ever.
    ===

A question to Mazda owners in general:
    How often do your cars have "unscheduled" visits to the dealer for servicing or repairs?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Mazda owners I have a question, I'm the market for a new car and I'm eyeing a new Mazda3 but my friend tells me not to buy because of the fuel consumption, is it really that bad?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticIce View Post
    Mazda owners I have a question, I'm the market for a new car and I'm eyeing a new Mazda3 but my friend tells me not to buy because of the fuel consumption, is it really that bad?
    Mine averages 7 km/L Shell super unleaded in heavy traffic city driving.

This is my unsolicited advice. If you don't plan to keep Mazda 3 for a long time(ex. use it only for 3 years then buy a new car again), I think fuel consumption is not really a problem. Mazda 3 competitors(like the Altis and Civic) usually has better fuel efficiency with approximately additional 1 to 2 Km/L in city driving. But based from my personal computations, if you travel 60 kms city driving per day fuel cost is 40 pesos per liter, you can save about 10 to 15k pesos a year using an Altis or Civic than using a Mazda 3. But the bottomline here is Mazda 3 is approx. 100k pesos cheaper(because of big discounts offered by some SAs) than its rivals. The 15k pesos a year you can save is very small compared with the 100k you can save in buying a Mazda 3.

Mazda 3 key strength is not in fuel efficiency but in having excellent lifetime sporty looks and BMW-like driving dynamics.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by lamborghinione; February 19th, 2010 at 12:27 AM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I wouldn't buy a Mazda 3 not because its a guzzler but because its old! Ever wonder why such huge discounts? Wala na masyadong bumibili. Kung maraming bumibili walang discounts yan. Bottomline its old and its days are numbered. Mero na ngang bagong MZ3 sa US, mabagallang talaga ang local Ford.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mazda 3 is really an old model(released in 2004) but can still stand-out in the looks and driving dynamics departments compared with the Civic(2006) and Altis(2008).

This old Mazda 3 still sells well at approx. 100 to 200 units a month.

Anyway, FGP is not planning to introduce the 2nd gen. Mazda 3 sooner. This is based from the Topgear Roll-out issue.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i love my mazda 3 but its no longer my daily ride, even my vios i don't use it daily, my daily ride now is our 09 everest 4x2 AT mas mura diesel e..

one thing na pwede ipagmalaki ng mazda 3, iba talaga handling nya....my friend who owns a civic 1.8AT is also a believer in mazda 3's handling dynamics..pero makupad nga lang daw sa arangkada (mine is base model 1.6s)

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thank you very much sa lahat ng nagshare ng opinions nila!

Just had a talk with an SA from Mazda Makati and medyo maganda yung offer nila..I might get the 1.6V variant then haggle like hell for freebies since it's an old model (I know it's old pero hindi naman ako masyado critical about new models). One last question, nabasa ko dito sa Tsikot na nagchange ng engine yung Mazda 3 2009 compared sa 2008? Did it fix the acceleration problem? Sabi kasi ng officemate ko who owns a 2008 Mazda 3 na sluggish daw yung pagaccelerate from a full stop to the point na gusto mo nang tulakin na lang yung kotse? Or overreacting lang siya? Although I've scheduled for a test drive this sat.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo_41786 View Post
    Happy naman ako so far.

Malakas lang talaga sa gas. Yun lang talaga ang dinadaing ko.

Pero 819,000 pogi points naman kapag dala ko.

Sa place/barangay namin, ako lang yata ang naka mazda3 or even mazda brand. Haven't seen anybody yet. Aveo at Vios lang ata meron.

Sabi nga nung dalawang bakla :gayfight: na nakatambay sa may amin nung pagdaan ko. "Wow shalah! Naka Mazda" (Shalah is a gay lingo for Sosyal)

At mas madali nang pumick-up ng chicks. Sakay sila agad.

At isa pa sa napansin ko. Kapag ako lang or kasama ko family ko, derecho at walang kabig sa manibela. Pero pag chicks na, malakas ang kabig. Parang laging gustong lumiko bigla.
    wow...parang nakaka-enganyo ito ah..

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Are you Happy w/ you Mazda? (gaya gaya) - hehehe