New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    My wife who used the CX5 mostly, folding mechanism got damaged and we replaced it (she is not comfortable if something is not functioning properly hehe), and its expensive.

Now we dont fold it unless its necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    People are so lazy and entitled these days ... decades ago one had to go out of their vehicle to fold side mirrors ... that was when manually doing things meant you had to get up and do the labor ...
    Actually, laziness and entitlement has nothing to do with it. Most vehicles with power mirrors, you cannot manually fold it, you need to push the button/lever to fold it. But I know where you're coming from since I have had a lot of vehicles before that you have to fold manually too. But in my opinion, if the functionality is there, why not use it, right?

I joined this forum a few years back thinking that the purpose of this forum is for individuals can discuss and ask questions, get help and not to be judged for being lazy or feeling entitled.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevie View Post
    Actually, laziness and entitlement has nothing to do with it. Most vehicles with power mirrors, you cannot manually fold it, you need to push the button/lever to fold it. But I know where you're coming from since I have had a lot of vehicles before that you have to fold manually too. But in my opinion, if the functionality is there, why not use it, right?

I joined this forum a few years back thinking that the purpose of this forum is for individuals can discuss and ask questions, get help and not to be judged for being lazy or feeling entitled.
    Hehe...never take anything here personally. No wrong in sharing observations.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Hehe...never take anything here personally. No wrong in sharing observations.[emoji4]

Nothing personal, just my opinion, as everyone else's based on what was written.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevie View Post
    Is there a way to permanently disable i-Stop? I have been just turning it off manually everytime I drive, I was hoping there was some settings you can go into to turn it off, tried all the settings but couldn't find anything regarding that. Sana ang default nya is off and you can just turn it on if you'd like similar to the auto hold button.

Found an accessory in the Mikstore site that will disable it with a plugin device but not sure if that is okay, anyone have experience using this?

I'm also disappointed that the side mirrors do not automatically fold when engine is off, I believe, other regions have that, but for the price of the vehicle, little things like that should have been included already, in my opinion.
    Just set you AC to 18deg setting...

Your AC compressor will run as long as the AC is ON regardless of your temp setting..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Just set you AC to 18deg setting...

Your AC compressor will run as long as the AC is ON regardless of your temp setting..
    Unlike the old days, most modern cars' HVAC temp settings only command the blend door between the evap & the heater cores. In the tropics & in recirculation mode, best to shut that blender by setting to coldest anyway. This guy explains it well:
    https://youtu.be/_C5J3W6ED6E

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718