New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    IIRC it was the cheapest 3M medium.
    I went with 3M Crystalline for the privacy glass windows and 3M Ceramic IR light for the front windows and windshield. OK na din. So bummed I was charged an arm and a leg for tinting the small sunroof. Should have been part of the package IMO.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Is there a way to permanently disable i-Stop? I have been just turning it off manually everytime I drive, I was hoping there was some settings you can go into to turn it off, tried all the settings but couldn't find anything regarding that. Sana ang default nya is off and you can just turn it on if you'd like similar to the auto hold button.

Found an accessory in the Mikstore site that will disable it with a plugin device but not sure if that is okay, anyone have experience using this?

I'm also disappointed that the side mirrors do not automatically fold when engine is off, I believe, other regions have that, but for the price of the vehicle, little things like that should have been included already, in my opinion.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevie View Post
    Is there a way to permanently disable i-Stop? I have been just turning it off manually everytime I drive, I was hoping there was some settings you can go into to turn it off, tried all the settings but couldn't find anything regarding that. Sana ang default nya is off and you can just turn it on if you'd like similar to the auto hold button.

Found an accessory in the Mikstore site that will disable it with a plugin device but not sure if that is okay, anyone have experience using this?

I'm also disappointed that the side mirrors do not automatically fold when engine is off, I believe, other regions have that, but for the price of the vehicle, little things like that should have been included already, in my opinion.
    just to share. on bmws the default is active start-stop everytime you turn on the key. there is no menu in i-drive to turn it off as default. you have to do it via an OBD2 scanner. on that note many have done that as it is simple and easy to do (as long as you have the appropriate scanner) without any complications.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    just to share. on bmws the default is active start-stop everytime you turn on the key. there is no menu in i-drive to turn it off as default. you have to do it via an OBD2 scanner. on that note many have done that as it is simple and easy to do (as long as you have the appropriate scanner) without any complications.
    For the X3, putting it on S mode will disable start-stop.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Is there a way to permanently disable i-Stop?

Try the hood switch / latch bypass trick ... or you can take time to read the manual ... if you set temperature to lowest setting, i-Stop will not engage ...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    For the X3, putting it on S mode will disable start-stop.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    true naman but then you have to also switch to Sport mode everytime you start.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    It's 1 of them features I shun away from. None of our cars have it. 1 item less to worry about. Broken plastic gears(a when, not an if thing)=pricey repair.
    I really don't mind manually folding them.2016 Mazda CX-9

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    It's 1 of them features I shun away from. None of our cars have it. 1 item less to worry about. Broken plastic gears(a when, not an if thing)=pricey repair.
    I really don't mind manually folding them.2016 Mazda CX-9

Actually, I also don't mind manually folding the outside mirrors, it's just the switch is not as easy as other vehicles where you push a button, here you have a knob, the same knob to adjust the left and right mirrors but you have to twist the knob to the 6 o'clock position to fold the mirrors from the 12 o'clock position.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    People are so lazy and entitled these days ... decades ago one had to go out of their vehicle to fold side mirrors ... that was when manually doing things meant you had to get up and do the labor ...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    People are so lazy and entitled these days ... decades ago one had to go out of their vehicle to fold side mirrors ... that was when manually doing things meant you had to get up and do the labor ...
    I very seldom or never fold mirrors. They're effective panel protectors. Mirror cover scratches are much less painful than on doors & fenders.2016 Mazda CX-9