New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005

Official debut: Paris Motor Show
    When: September 2008

Production: Kia already runs trial production at it’s Gwangju plant in S. Korea

Size: about the same size as Kia Rio compact

Production ready exterior images: Kia Soul1

Interior image: Kia Soul2

Video: 2009 Kia Soul

Confirmed:

Engines: 1.6L diesel (90hp and 115hp) and 1.6L gasoline (122hp)

Wheels: 18-inch alloy wheels as an option, 15″ or 16″ as standard

Avaliable features: 6x Airbags, ABS/EBD, CD/MP3, air conditioning, power windows, dual 12V power outlets in center console, standard USB port

Rumoured: - 2.0L diesel (140hp) and 2.0 gasoline (143hp)

- five-speed automatic transmission with manual shift capability

- adaptive cruise control
    hopes Kia would bring this model here.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    It is inspired by the Soul Concept Crossover vehicle.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005

Kia is set to unveil three Kia SOUL concepts during the first press day of 2008 Geneva Motor Show. Named SOUL Diva, SOUL Burner and SOUL Searcher, the concepts were created by Kia’s European design team under the guidance of Kia’s Chief Design Officer, Peter Schreyer.

The trio of concept cars is closely related to a new production car which will make its World Premiere at the Paris Show in September!

The all-new Kia production car will appeal especially to the young-at-heart – whatever their age! It will defy classification and encourage customers to build an emotional bond with their new car by providing a creative platform that they can customize to match their own character.

Kia SOUL Burner

The Kia SOUL Burner is the ‘bad boy’ of Kia’s three new concept characters. A ‘show-off’ complete with dragon tattoos. From the outside, it is a mean, totally black beast with sparse flashes of scarlet. The tattoos are gloss black on the black satin paintwork, which shows a large dragon creeping over the bonnet. On the other side, a small dragon climbs up the C-Pillar.

Kia SOUL Diva

The Kia SOUL Diva has been created as a fashion accessory for a style-conscious young-at-heart woman who regards her car to be as important as her entire outfit. SOUL Diva is like a supermodel with an aura of glamour, a bit flashy but playful and fun!

Kia SOUL Searcher

The Kia SOUL Searcher is the concept that provides a haven of tranquility within the urban jungle, a comfort-zone on four wheels. It sets out to capture the spirit of Korean and Far Eastern culture with a focus on achieving personal inner peace and creating a calm cocoon for the occupants. Exuding casual confidence, the colors are muted, the textures are soft and the road presence is discreet.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    new images from http://www.kia-world.net

Kia Soul and Forte video from http://www.kia-world.net
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FTNPDN3gzY"]YouTube - Kia Forte and Soul[/ame]

Other images of kia soul http://www.kia-world.net

Looks good. I wonder how much will this be when it reach our shores.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i just saw one parked at work earlier! i thought it was a modded scion xb from the front, til i saw the logo on the hood. from the quick look, the overall design looks good. it is not officially out yet, so i think this is a test unit. ill take a close shot if i see it again.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    here it is again. exclusive (repost) :

looks good overall. the reverse angled roof is interesting. 17 inch wheels should be perfect. this one i think is either 14 or 15.

the back is a little too "chopped." maybe some curve will be better.

hard to get a good shot of the interior due to the sun and the mostly black interior. looks good from what i can see. seems roomy esp the headroom.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    and here's a shot next to my fx for sizing.

if kia price this thing gets good mileage and priced around $15k or less, it should sell well. they should market it like scion with all the customization possibilities.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Watch out for the SOUL guys! It should be released here in the Philippines by the 1st quarter of 2009!... if not a little bit earlier...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cma View Post
    Watch out for the SOUL guys! It should be released here in the Philippines by the 1st quarter of 2009!... if not a little bit earlier...
    Um.. I don't get it, do you think it will show up for next year's manila international auto show?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Kia soul could be launched in Manila as early as July according to Top Gear website.

Link: http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/kia-t...in-manila-soon

Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast
Kia Soul [MERGED THREADS]