New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Altec...thanks for the info.

pagawa ko muna siguro yung head gasket cover and observe if the emission improves. Then I'll make sure na leaky talaga yung TDIC. Although nung tinanggal ko yung TDIC....may oil sa loob.

share ko lang ...previously overheating yung carnival ko....boiling kahit na may coolant. pati reservoir boiling and overflowing. It turned out that the thermostat was stuck...kinalawang na. Tinanggal lang yung thermostat di na nag-overheat! Di naman daw kailangan dito sa atin yun. Also replaced the rad cap to make sure na di mag-overflow on that side. Hope it helps.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papaguz View Post
    Altec...thanks for the info.

pagawa ko muna siguro yung head gasket cover and observe if the emission improves. Then I'll make sure na leaky talaga yung TDIC. Although nung tinanggal ko yung TDIC....may oil sa loob.

share ko lang ...previously overheating yung carnival ko....boiling kahit na may coolant. pati reservoir boiling and overflowing. It turned out that the thermostat was stuck...kinalawang na. Tinanggal lang yung thermostat di na nag-overheat! Di naman daw kailangan dito sa atin yun. Also replaced the rad cap to make sure na di mag-overflow on that side. Hope it helps.
    Hi, papaguz. The reason na you have oil leak is due to the overheat which damage the cylinder head gasket. The best is to replaced the head gasket first. Also, in my case, I don't block the EGR but I remove the vacuum hose to the EGR valve. Yon little oil sa TDIC, I think is normal due to the feedback from the EGR. My ride is an A/T 02 Carnival Park II, my FC for city driving is around 6 to 6.3kpl. Long drive can reach 10 to 11 kpl. By the way, I used to have it service sa KIA Pasig, they have some good mechanics there. If ever na you need to have the injection pump calibrated, I will recommend the Malabon Diesel Injection Service. Hope this may help you.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    way22...thanks for the inputs.

ganun ba talaga procedure in replacing the timing belt, you need to replace the water pum, tensioner, 3 idler kahit hindi naman sira? The shop that I went to suggested the replacement of these thing. Did they miss anything?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    kung 1st time ka magpapalit.. maganda palitan na lahat para isang gawa na lang.. yung water pump kahit later na kasi hindi naman kasama yan sa timing belt..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    *yapoy86...thanks for the inputs. I am assuming that first time pa lang na papalitan ito. My wife got it 2nd hand at 35K 4 years ago. Just a clarification...re: water pump. Just in case it breaks down.....it is separate from the timing belt replacement work. Meaning pwede siyang palitan without going to the process of dismantling a lot? I was going to some of the older threads and I noticed in the expense breakdown of some of the members that the water pump is not included in timing belt replacement parts.

Is it correct that I should replace the following:
    timing belt
    tensioner
    upper idler
    lower idler
    camshaft oil seal
    crankshaft oil seal
    water pump (optional)

Any other thing that I miss? Sorry madaming tanong...I just want to do it right the first time to avoid yung paulit-ulit na palitan.

thanks for the inputs again.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papaguz View Post
    *yapoy86...thanks for the inputs. I am assuming that first time pa lang na papalitan ito. My wife got it 2nd hand at 35K 4 years ago. Just a clarification...re: water pump. Just in case it breaks down.....it is separate from the timing belt replacement work. Meaning pwede siyang palitan without going to the process of dismantling a lot? I was going to some of the older threads and I noticed in the expense breakdown of some of the members that the water pump is not included in timing belt replacement parts.

Is it correct that I should replace the following:
    timing belt
    tensioner
    upper idler
    lower idler
    camshaft oil seal
    crankshaft oil seal
    water pump (optional)

Any other thing that I miss? Sorry madaming tanong...I just want to do it right the first time to avoid yung paulit-ulit na palitan.

thanks for the inputs again.
    Hi, I recommend you to consider replacing the oil pump and the chain kung di pa napapalitan within the 4 years that you have been using.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yung oil pump and chain may symptoms pag masisira na.. may grinding sound lalo na sa 1st start...

yung water pump optional na palitan..

reminder lang po na buy the original timing belt CONTITECH and brand made in germany..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    yung oil pump and chain may symptoms pag masisira na.. may grinding sound lalo na sa 1st start...

yung water pump optional na palitan..

reminder lang po na buy the original timing belt CONTITECH and brand made in germany..

Sir San po nakakabili ng CONTITECH na brand ng timing belt? yung kasing binebenta sa kia service center gates po ang brand. TIA!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sa banawe meron yan.. alam ko 3,500 petot ang isang set.. dati kasi sa fronte ako bumili ang binigay eh gates brand din.. ang napansin ko manipis at malambot yung rubber nya unlike dun sa original na naka kabit na contitech na matigas... akala ko gawa lang ng engine heat kaya matigas.. ayun kinabit yung gates na belt unang andar pa lang nag snap na agad.. tapos pinalitan ko nung orig na contitech ok na.. matigas at makapal yung original

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sir anong store po sa Banaue ang nagbebenta? Sensya na po nde ko po alam kung san sa Banaue makakabili ng Contitech na timing belt.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
The Kia Sedona/Carnival Thread [continued]