New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    hi guys, i'm having a persistent problem with my 4x2 08 Sportage. i've brought it 3x to casa to have it checked and fixed but they said everythign looks fine, no misalignment or any kind of defects and irregularities, all they can do is just clean it. the thing is, after a while of driving, the noise returns and it's pretty annoying.

noise happens at slow/almost stop breaking. it's loud!

my sportage is in the casa again today, since yesterday, told them not to give it back to me till the problem is fixed.

anybody here ever experienced the same problem? any recommendations?

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jondextan View Post
    hi guys, i'm having a persistent problem with my 4x2 08 Sportage. i've brought it 3x to casa to have it checked and fixed but they said everythign looks fine, no misalignment or any kind of defects and irregularities, all they can do is just clean it. the thing is, after a while of driving, the noise returns and it's pretty annoying.

noise happens at slow/almost stop breaking. it's loud!

my sportage is in the casa again today, since yesterday, told them not to give it back to me till the problem is fixed.

anybody here ever experienced the same problem? any recommendations?

thanks!
    squeaking sound ba? Better ask your dealer to replace the brake pads or ask somebody from the Plant to have it check.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Can you describe the sound? Where exactly it is coming from? From the wheels? From the engine bay?

Have you tried to let someone to move it a bit and do the braking while you listen from the outside?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    on a slow brake, i also have a metallic grinding sound. Then a metallic grunt as you come and go from a full stop. is that what you have? 09 4x2, 4,400kms on the odo. Havent brought it to the casa. will wait for my 5K pms.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    *imperial - like i've said, already brought it 3x sa casa. and i asked for brake pad replacement. the sound is now gone! great! :D

*albert - rear wheels. as loud as it is, you can quickly identify where it's coming from even if you just open the windows.

*altec - mine doesn't have a grinding sound, just a squeal/moan that's what i did the first time around, waited for the first 5k, but they just said they'll clean it and it'll go away, hope it's all good for you come the 5k.

anyways, hopefully these new brake pads would do the trick. :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    did they charge you for the pad replacement or under warranty?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    no charge for the pad replacement and also for the central lock switch replacement :D

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jondextan View Post
    *imperial - like i've said, already brought it 3x sa casa. and i asked for brake pad replacement. the sound is now gone! great! :D

*albert - rear wheels. as loud as it is, you can quickly identify where it's coming from even if you just open the windows.

*altec - mine doesn't have a grinding sound, just a squeal/moan that's what i did the first time around, waited for the first 5k, but they just said they'll clean it and it'll go away, hope it's all good for you come the 5k.

anyways, hopefully these new brake pads would do the trick. :D

IMHO, Kia has a better warranty replacemnet policy compared to Hyundai. I have claimed several parts from Kia (COLUMBIAN) and they gave me no problem whatsoever.. But in HYUNDAI (HARI), still waiting for the parts to arrive and no definite date specified.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hi Jondextan, Kumusta na brake problems mo? Has it improved?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Same here just had my 10kms PMS yesterday and I also encountered that problem... so far nawala naman un squeeking sound sinabi lang nila clean and adjust lang sa rear brakes. Hopefully it won't come back.

Pero once meron ulit i'll try to ask them replace mine as well... Thanks guys sa mga tips...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
08 Sportage 4x2 break noise problem