New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ...also there are some car alarm that can sense the if the car battery is low charge or not, if it is low charge and try to start the engine, the car alarm will siren...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by RedHorse
    he he

HAHAHAHAH...

...AKO DIN yon ang akala ko.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mdpo
    Depende sa electrical consumption ng engine yan IMO kung kaya nung alternator yung mga electrical requirements then there is no problem with regards keeping the engine alive this is true with sedan/gas fed engine. But for diesel fed medyo malakas kasi ito sa kuryente so baka di kayanin ng alternator. I think this is also why diesel fed engine requires higher capacity battery for more stored power.
    diesel engine consume less electrical current once it has started. this is because these type of engines uses no ignition coil and spark plugs. the biggest load to the battery is during the heater stage just before starting the engine. during the c240 and c220 (manual choke, push button start) days the battery can be disconnected without the engine stalling. while it's different now, with key operated start and off we have this diaphram to keep the motor running.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    O.T. but I want to ask this q...

minsan, na-drain battery ko. nagpatulong ako mag-push start. sabi nung isa, di daw mag-iistart makina ko kasi patay daw baterya, electronic daw kasi ang ignition ko. e alam ko mechanical injection ..to make the story short, nag-start naman makina ko nung nag push start kami.

but for sophisticated engines like the trooper... mag-istart kaya mahina kung i-push start mo considering na electronic fuel injection sya?

*afrasay
    yung diaphragm ba na sinasabi mo e electrically actuated yun? eto yung equivalent ng manual choke sa older engines di ba?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ARB
    did not know that could be done, EFI na ba? the tech school said that it was how the system works, sometimes nga when you use someone else battery to start your car and you dont rev it high enough it will shut down. and it will sometimes fry the computer.

oh well thanks for the info.
    I also noticed this, especially on newer, EFI controlled vehicles. If theres no battery juice, the car wont run too long unless you rev her when you're at idle.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just came back from inteco, and accdg to TECH2 probe, nasa borderline case na ang alternator ko...

anyone knows what good brand of aftermarket alternator?

meanwhile, next assignment, is under the hood of E150, wala kasi akong alam sa layout noon, kung nasaan ang fuel pump and battery, just in case lang matulad sa nangyari sa trooper.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    what do they mean by borderline na? in due time it needs replacing? you can have it fixed, may mga orig parts sa casa ang alternator. new one for the pickup cost 25k, mas mahal siguro for the trooper. better get that fixed, auto trans ba trooper mo? it cant be push start as with all auto trans cars.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    arb,

not the whole alternator, the exact description ay nasa truck, mas lower sa 25k, as usual inteco doesn't have it on stock, so I'll ask other isuzu dealers..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by rsnald
    O.T. but I want to ask this q...

minsan, na-drain battery ko. nagpatulong ako mag-push start. sabi nung isa, di daw mag-iistart makina ko kasi patay daw baterya, electronic daw kasi ang ignition ko. e alam ko mechanical injection ..to make the story short, nag-start naman makina ko nung nag push start kami.

but for sophisticated engines like the trooper... mag-istart kaya mahina kung i-push start mo considering na electronic fuel injection sya?

*afrasay
    yung diaphragm ba na sinasabi mo e electrically actuated yun? eto yung equivalent ng manual choke sa older engines di ba?
    the efi in diesel engines consumes very little battery power. wag lang siguro dead na dead as in kris to joey, you can still push start it.

OT:

just this morning 5:15 am my safari won't start. it turns out my battery, which about 3 days ago was check by my suking store has having one dead cell, gave up on me. GRABBBEE, sobrang antok ko na (this is a different story)and can't think straight. hindi namin makaya push start ng guard namin. so i decided to wake my neighbor para kunin ang susi ng car to jump start. ayon, one click, panaandar ng isang toyota corolla ang isang nissan patrol. wala lang. ;)

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    RedHorse,
    Same thing just happened to my alternator, 2 warning lights- brake and alternator- were lit up. Isuzu pasig said they can't repair, only replace but a new alternator for the trooper costs P40k!
    The damaged part was the IC. The shop i brought it to didn't have the part but had a surplus alternator, same 90amp rating, same bracket and housing so had this installed- cost was P4.8k.
    On an ECU controlled engine, you shouldn't disconnect the battery while running since a spike of AC from a faulty alternator may fry the ECU.
    The only thing i notice with the surplus unit is that it has to hit 1krpm before the warning light switches off in the morning- is that because the unit was from a gasoline engine ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Two Arabs I Ignored On My Trooper