New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    when there is no battery the engine will shut off. Alternators does not provide electricity they supply the battery current and the battery supplies it to the car. unlike old land rover which they have generators it supplies electricity to the car.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ARB
    when there is no battery the engine will shut off. Alternators does not provide electricity they supply the battery current and the battery supplies it to the car. unlike old land rover which they have generators it supplies electricity to the car.

sorry but i disagree sir. kasi ako i just ran my car 2 months ago WITHOUT a battery. start ko yung car using battery from another car, then removed that battery and then drove it for several km to get buy a new battery. during that time the old, discharged battery was in the trunk. di ko din pwede gamitin yung battery na pinag-start ko kasi 3sm yun di kasya sa car ko. so wala battery yung car habang gamit ko.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    did not know that could be done, EFI na ba? the tech school said that it was how the system works, sometimes nga when you use someone else battery to start your car and you dont rev it high enough it will shut down. and it will sometimes fry the computer.

oh well thanks for the info.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ARB,
    SOme alternators can't provide ample electricity at idle especially in cars where the main radiator fan is electric. add to that a/c load. an alternator reaches full power at around 1,500 rpm. Alternator get a negative ground on the engine. the positive out wire is then connected to the battery. but to connect the wire to the battery, it connects to the main terminal. thus also connecting to the rest of the car.

generators were discontinued because of size an inefficiency. alternators are capable of producing more power in a smaller package. the difference is that generators put out DC current while alternators put out AC current which is rectified in the alternator itself. final output is DC.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey redHorse, is your trooper a gold one? i saw a busted trooper on my way to Royale this morning.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pk,

Its white. It was also the first time to use an EWD.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    New vehicles with high-tech ECU's do not run when the battery is loose or disconnected......... i forgot the name of the circuit which senses if there is enough electronic supply for the whole system upon starting up the vehicle. Old vehicles (specifically diesel powered vehicles) will/can run even if the battery is loose or disconnected but if your alternator is of low ampere rating eventually your vehicle will shut down. I have experienced traveling Manila - Batangas with a discharged battery at kinaya naman po. The only problem was pag namatayan ako wala akong pang-startup sa makina ko pero buti na lang nag-recharge yung battery ko, thanks to my 80 AMP Hitachi Alternator :-))

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depende sa electrical consumption ng engine yan IMO kung kaya nung alternator yung mga electrical requirements then there is no problem with regards keeping the engine alive this is true with sedan/gas fed engine. But for diesel fed medyo malakas kasi ito sa kuryente so baka di kayanin ng alternator. I think this is also why diesel fed engine requires higher capacity battery for more stored power.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by boybi
    OT: ano po yung Arabs? akala ko nung una meron kang dinaanan na arabo na inisnub mo
    he he

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by afrasay
    ganyan din ang patrol. nag loose yun mga terminal/sockets na nakakabit sa positive not the battery terminal itself. ayaw din umandar. pagginalaw mo yun mga socket mag start.
    twice na ako nadali nito..
    yung first time umandar naman yugn patrol pero hindi gumagana
    yugn mga accesories, lights,signal lights,radio..pero yung engine ok..
    yung second time, ayaw naman umandar..
    yan nga ang dahilan.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Two Arabs I Ignored On My Trooper