New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i think the trooper's hand brake is connected to the rear brakes. just check if may cable.
    for those that are connected to the transmission, applying a little pressure to the brakes will do but not too much.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung Patrol connected sa transmission ang handbrake. Kahit basa ang wheel brakes (after fording, etc.) may way to stop ka pa din. That is unless you go as deep as ungas and submerge the drum brake that surrounds the rear propeller shaft. Yun kasi ang handbrake ng Patrol.

On a Pajero, the handbrakes are an extra set of brakes (drum brakes) embedded in the rear disc brakes. So in total, the Pajero has six brakes. Hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Yung Patrol connected sa transmission ang handbrake. Kahit basa ang wheel brakes (after fording, etc.) may way to stop ka pa din. That is unless you go as deep as ungas and submerge the drum brake that surrounds the rear propeller shaft. Yun kasi ang handbrake ng Patrol.
    di ba kapag disc brakes na, hindi na problem kung mabasa mga brakes, unlike drum brakes?
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    di ba kapag disc brakes na, hindi na problem kung mabasa mga brakes, unlike drum brakes?
    Basa pa rin naman ang contact points ng pads and discs after submerging them underwater. There is little brake slippage when those are still wet. Mas madali nga lang ito matuyo compared to drums.

Ample space is needed for drying them not like on drums.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A film of water can always form on the disc surface. I almost learned this the hard way after wading through the flooded streets of Manila.A film of water can always form on the disc surface. I almost learned this the hard way after wading through the flooded streets of Manila.A film of water can always form on the disc surface. I almost learned this the hard way after wading through the flooded streets of Manila.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OTEP::: Hmm... yung location na sinabi mo sounds familiar, parang nababasa ko yun somewhere here in tsikot. :D

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    so mas mabilis masira pag lage nababasa?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
at last!!! I got my 2003 Trooper!!!