New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    di ba dapat mas mabigat yung gas engine? 4.5liters kasi yun.

ano ba yung curb weight?
    ito ang curb weight ng patrol
    gas a/t = 2,345kg
    dsl m/t = 2,415kg
    dsl a/t = 2,350kg

bakit mas maliit ang curb weight ng a/t sa m/t?
    Alam ko mas maliit ang gears ng A/T compared to M/T kaya siguro mas magaan ang curb weight. And minus the clutch mechanisms which could weigh more or less 100kgs.

No, gas-fed engines are significantly lighter than diesel-fed. The combustion area of gas engines are shorter and composed of aluminum parts, hence gas is much more combustible than diesel. While the latter needs heat to be able to burn thus needing longer or larger combustion area.

Curb Weight is the actual weight of the truck without any passengers or cargo in it. It’s the base weight that is used in subtraction to calculate the total weight of the vehicle with passengers and cargo.

While Gross Vehicle Weight is the total weight of the loaded vehicle. This includes the vehicle itself and the cargo that is loaded within that vehicle.

HTH

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for just a difference of 5kg (gas a/t and dsl a/t), downgraded na yung rear brakes ng gas to drum?
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Manufacturing details? Maybe the drum brakes costs much cheaper than discs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but the gas patrol costs much much more than diesel patrols
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Because gas engines is more expensive than diesel engines.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sorry at bago lang ako mag reply sa mga forums...

I have read through this thread some comparison between the Patrol and Trooper... just some clarifications... Both are two wheel drive but the Trooper has LSD... does this mean that the Trooper will be better off road (dirt road) than the Patrol 2wd in stock form?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cta2,

In theory yes. But the Trooper loses in the tire department by running Dueler H/T's.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cta2::: Not only in that department, that OTEP took noted for. I have also noticed that the ground clearance for the Trooper is THE LOWEST so far from all the locally sold SUVs. (Oops! No flames from the Trooper owners please) :mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    cta2::: Not only in that department, that OTEP took noted for. I have also noticed that the ground clearance for the Trooper is THE LOWEST so far from all the locally sold SUVs. (Oops! No flames from the Trooper owners please) :mrgreen:
    mataas pa ata ground clearance ng CRV kesa trooper
    Signature

at last!!! I got my 2003 Trooper!!!