New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Sir Ungas how about the Coil Springs do they provide some lift?

After installing the new coil springs do u need to change anything or any adjusment on the suspension?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Yes I agree with you Ungas.. It will not provide a significant lift but a new shocks is longer than an old one and if the buyer wants a significant lift, he/she can install coils spacers & shocks at the same time. Also, I compared the standard black KYB shocks and it is shorter by .5" than Gas-A-Just.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Just sharing my experience: Longer coil springs, Coil spring spacers, new & longer shocks provide significant lift from 1" to as high as 3" or maybe more. These lifts are for Vitara only..duno about the others. FYI

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Would inverting two of my leaf springs dampen the ride in case I go for KYB gas-adjust?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Jeepcruizerph
    Sir Ungas how about the Coil Springs do they provide some lift?

After installing the new coil springs do u need to change anything or any adjusment on the suspension?
    All type of springs, whether it be torsion bars, coils & leafs will lift depending from spring rates produced. From a low 10mm to as high as 6 inch. There are springs that were specifically fit for 8-10 inch lift, but safety concern is being debated on.

A tall suspension setup is a very complicated task, parts need to be modified to accomodate the extension and compression of the parts involved. Sometimes lowering some brackets, extending suspension arms and panhard rod if applicable. Sway bars are also retro-fitted. Even rubber bump stops are extended for adequate support.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    pk. monomax costs around 5.5k priced similar to likes of bilstein.

btw, have you had the chance to check out autoplus' service of tweaking the turbo to get around 10 to 20 percent more horsepower from our ride? or is that the same as what otep did to his ride before?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fundy, i guess autoplus will just tweak the boost via an MBC. In effect, same as the washer upgrade at a significantly higher cost.

Dunno how theyre gonna do it with a 4M40 though.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    original trooper shocks are gas filled already, malaki ba diff. nito sa kayaba?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    trup,

The orig shocks are also made by KYB but they're softer than gas a just so tend to bottom out when loaded.
    Guess it really depends on your use, if you only do city driving then stock shocks are fine. If the stock shocks are due for replacement, then consider gas a just since a set costs less than 1 orig isuzu shock!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Kyb "Gas-a-Just" on trooper/ UBR73