1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ICB: Nope. Fixed damping po ito despite what the name implies

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehehe ok. Tnx!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    pk, I had kyb monomax on all fours of my pajero... the ride was a bit spine bashing (very harsh) but stability/ control on roads and doing fast corners were its high scores. I could do almost twice the speed on corners than the oem shocks. but after 2 months I changed the rear to rancho bec the ride quality was really irritating. I think I now have a very good combination.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fundy: woah! Spine bashing ba? How much did it set you back?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Yup! Gas-A-Just shocks are very nice in deed. It is kinda stiff but it works well in light to moderate trailing. Just got one installed on my Vitara. If you consider cheap and alternative shocks for your vehicle, try one of this. A surplus KYB Gas-A-Just shocks will cost you around P8000 to P900 each sa Banawe. Location is beside Jamson Auto supply. You can also buy different 1" coil spring spacers there for added lift to your vehicle. P150 labor costs for the installation of Coilspacers for both rear end. Coil spacer costs around P125/each. Look for Jun Aclan Batangeno. I hope this helps!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Got to install the shocks and they had a big difference over the OEMs (well my OEMs are shot already though).... its also stiffer then the other KYB gas shocks available locally (forgot the model)...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    vinj,

What difference did you notice with gas a just?
    Do you recommend them on pickups based on your experience?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since my stock shocks were very soft (KYB Fluids), the ride firmness and stability was a big improvement as i dont bottom out any more when i drive on uneven roadways... However, some peeps might still find it stiff for their taste if they're used to driving cars.

I also reversed the rear helper spring of my pick-up so the stiffer shock does help keep/compensate the rear load should i load up but the perpetual jarring up-and-down motion that accompanied the Frontier ever since day one, even on smooth roads and when i hit bumps are now gone.

I still have to use them on a long drive to get the more feedback though.... but i'm happy and its worth the PPP

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    It is really stiff when it comes to comfort of ride BUT it compensates by giving a little lift, sturdiness and durability. I think it will be perfect for Pickups and medium SUV's. Try it! The cost wont bite you.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would just like to clarify one point, shock absorbers do not provide any lift from suspensions at all. Maybe you'd notice a little height adjustment after replacing them. But once the suspension has settled over time, it will revert back to its original height.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Kyb "Gas-a-Just" on trooper/ UBR73