New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Replaced all 4 shocks on trooper with Kyb "gas a just" model. The old kyb super/ excel G model lasted 35k km. I have yet to test the new shocks on a mountain road but the ride feels tighter, more in control.

I was hesitant to buy the grey gas a just since they were firmer, harder to compress than the old super model, but couldn't find the old super part nos in the shops. No regrets though, the Gas a just are better.

I think the super/excel G model is too soft for the trooper. It compresses easily but can't expand immediately thus causing a "crash" over rough roads (bottoming out) even if lightly loaded.
    The gas-a-just are firm but have better control of the trooper's weight. Road imperfections are better damped.

Cost? All 4 shocks cost less than one orig isuzu shock!

Kyb Gas-a-Just part nos for trooper/ UBR73:
    Frt: 554125
    Rr: 554127

Any comments from current users of kyb's "gas-a-just"?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung Gas-A-Just na available dito sa atin na pang-Pajero ay for the front suspension lang ata.

Pwede kaya iyang sa Trooper?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Been using Gas-A-Justs in my pajero since i forgot already. Ang tigas niyan pang hand compressed but they perform admirably when installed.

I got mine for P800.00 a piece. Makes perfect sense since changing all fours costs less than one OME shock. Pag nasira, palit agad. Kaya lang walang para sa rear ng Pajero.

I forgot.... i'm using OEM kasi bago na pala auto ko hehe. 3 way adjustable off the factory

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pero KYB din ang gumagawa niyang mga shocks na iyan boss PK.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    is the trooper you are mentioning the latest model?

sorry otep the trooper has ring/ring rear shocks. the pajero has stud/ring. and besides the trooper has longer rear shocks.

the hi-lux front shocks(leaf spring) can be used for your rear pajero since you are lifted naman. of the rear of the suzuki vitara.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    san meron nyan, balak ko din mag palit for my trooper....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so gas type na rin ba yang gas adjust?
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Otep,
    I checked the Kyb catalog then looked for a shop that had the part i needed. What's the part no for pajero?

Arb,
    Trooper is an 01 model but same series as current skyroof. Trooper uses stud/ring in front- will this work on Pajero?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    trup,
    Got mine in banawe, new wilco, 46 banawe.

boybi,
    yup, all gas shocks. check the Kyb site for specs on this model- 550 000 series.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    front trooper is longer than the pajero by by about 1.5" but it will fit if you cranked your torsion bar.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Kyb "Gas-a-Just" on trooper/ UBR73