New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *arbe: if your car is faster and you have no running problems, no need to. You can reprogram the chip alone, but for best results, it needs to be tuned on the car on the dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by baby_scar View Post
    gud pm. what do u mean u save 20k? u mean the plug and platyy 50k one of ur previous post while the direct is 30k?

have u heard the BERRISMAS DIESEL SERVICE? this is the website: www.diesel.asia.. what do u think?

baka mas mahal ung speedlab para sa akin parang ung speedlab = ATOY.. hehe
    Berrima? Haven't used their services.

Speedlab? Expensive? Compared to a backyard talyer, yes... but amongst speedshops with dynos, they're one of the more affordable ones... Berrima's quoted dyno-run charges are more expensive than Speedlab's.

Plug and play like arbe's, 50k+, spliced in, 30k. Cheap, but yes, it voids your warranty.

If you want to make power, be prepared to spend for it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    *arbe: if your car is faster and you have no running problems, no need to. You can reprogram the chip alone, but for best results, it needs to be tuned on the car on the dyno.

thank you sir.. But i have no idea how to reprogram the chip..maybe I need more power and speed for my monty..
    hanap na lng ako ng mga expert dito sa amin just in case kung may mga bagong mods... I just want to know the current hp and torque of my ms.. so far no reply from ferman yet...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Berrima? Haven't used their services.

Speedlab? Expensive? Compared to a backyard talyer, yes... but amongst speedshops with dynos, they're one of the more affordable ones... Berrima's quoted dyno-run charges are more expensive than Speedlab's.

Plug and play like arbe's, 50k+, spliced in, 30k. Cheap, but yes, it voids your warranty.

If you want to make power, be prepared to spend for it.

ok.. thanx for the info. how about 6 old car? may warranty pa un? pero bago lang pina ayos namin ung car.]

speedlab na lang ako. thanx for the info.. may liquid power ung sinabi mo dati.. mayrun din sa speedlab? do u use gas saver products? thanx

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by arbe View Post
    thank you sir.. But i have no idea how to reprogram the chip..maybe I need more power and speed for my monty..
    hanap na lng ako ng mga expert dito sa amin just in case kung may mga bagong mods... I just want to know the current hp and torque of my ms.. so far no reply from ferman yet...
    Only two guys have the equipment to reprogram the Unichip locally. Ferman is one, and I don't have a dyno, an EGT meter or an AFR reader... ...and I don't live anywhere near Iloilo.

Next mod for you should be intercooler, maybe an exhaust (though a free-flowing exhaust will either sound nice and aggressive or annoyingly like a jeepney, depending on your tastes...) and maybe alcohol. Alcohol injection is the other really big power adder for diesels. Many customers are most satisfied with the alcohol-chip combination.

Toyota Fort and Hilux 3.0 owners with the full kit from Speedlab (chip+alcohol+intercooler) can spin up all four tires... in second gear...

Quote Originally Posted by baby_scar View Post
    ok.. thanx for the info. how about 6 old car? may warranty pa un? pero bago lang pina ayos namin ung car.]

speedlab na lang ako. thanx for the info.. may liquid power ung sinabi mo dati.. mayrun din sa speedlab? do u use gas saver products? thanx
    Yes. Warranty is usually 3-5 years, about 60-100,000 kilometers. Caveat emptor. Buyer beware. When you void the warranty, it's your own risk. Thus, if you want to modify your vehicle, do your research first and try to fully understand the implications of the modifications you want done.

Gas savers don't work. Especially not for computer controlled diesels, as the ECU adjusts around any changes made by fuel savers. In fact, sometimes even tried and tested mods like air filters don't work for modern diesels.
    Last edited by niky; April 28th, 2010 at 01:25 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Here's some examples of some chip gains with the alcohol. Unichip at speedlab is pretty well proven. Alcohol injection as well, The combo cannot be beat.

Ford Focus TDI

Mitsu Starda

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Guys,

I just want to ask if the unichip and the alcohol injection have been tried on the Isuzu Alterra? What were the results?
    Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    so, ganito rin ba yung hp and torque ng MS with unichip?

so anu mas sulit or bang-for-buck - unichip, devil's own, sprint booster?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    Unichip............

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    The Sprint Booster actually works, but it doesn't add any power... just makes the vehicle more responsive, so you feel like there's more power.

Pinaka-sulit Unichip.

Devil's Own comes second, because it only gives good gains on turbocharged cars, and needs to be refilled from time to time. It's a right gas on a turbodiesel, but isn't very useful on a gasoline car unless it's turbocharged or your installing a high power turbo kit.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Comment and Info about DPCHIP