New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The VTech redbox is cheaper... around 25k with preset maps only, 30k including dyno-tuning. Unichip... Installation and dyno-tuning, 30k.

All these diesel chips will give you similar gains. Better if you have them dyno-tuned specifically to your vehicle. Which you buy is up to you and your preferences.

is it available here in the philipines? do u have some feedback of this product? is it real? quality? website? contact number? thanx

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_scar View Post
    is it available here in the philipines? do u have some feedback of this product? is it real? quality? website? contact number? thanx
    unichip is available in speedlab

might as well get the water-methanol injector while you're at it

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    unichip is available in speedlab

might as well get the water-methanol injector while you're at it
    speedlab near pegasus q ave?

water injector - i read some thread parang hindi naman totoo.. same description ng khaos gas saver.

do u use some kind of gas saver and chip? thanx

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    speedlab near pegasus q ave?

water injector - i read some thread parang hindi naman totoo.. same description ng khaos gas saver.

do u use some kind of gas saver and chip? thanx
    Water injection isn't a fuel saver, and it isn't a scam. It works.

But how good it works depends on the vehicle. naturally aspirated gasoline and diesels will only see a 5 hp boost or so... which isn't much... the biggest benefit will be from the decarbonizing of the exhaust.

Turbocharged diesels and gasoline engines can see a healthy 10-20 hp boost... especially with tuning. I drove a bunch of Focus TDCis a while back for acceleration tests for the Ford club. One had everything on it (including a Unichip), the other had everything on it plus water-alcohol injection. The Unichip equipped car was faster than a stock car by a fair margin... the one with the chip and alcohol injection was so powerful it was difficult to launch, even with bigger tires on 17" rims... yet it was still about half a second quicker than the other modified car, despite the difficulty I was experiencing in getting it to hook up. That car made about 180 whp on the dyno... about 55 hp more than stock, with all the mods.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Water injection isn't a fuel saver, and it isn't a scam. It works.

But how good it works depends on the vehicle. naturally aspirated gasoline and diesels will only see a 5 hp boost or so... which isn't much... the biggest benefit will be from the decarbonizing of the exhaust.

Turbocharged diesels and gasoline engines can see a healthy 10-20 hp boost... especially with tuning. I drove a bunch of Focus TDCis a while back for acceleration tests for the Ford club. One had everything on it (including a Unichip), the other had everything on it plus water-alcohol injection. The Unichip equipped car was faster than a stock car by a fair margin... the one with the chip and alcohol injection was so powerful it was difficult to launch, even with bigger tires on 17" rims... yet it was still about half a second quicker than the other modified car, despite the difficulty I was experiencing in getting it to hook up. That car made about 180 whp on the dyno... about 55 hp more than stock, with all the mods.

yup. sa dynochip 35 percent hp increse..

ung problema if I spend that much 20 to 60k.. tapos hindi nman reasonable ung engine performance - more speed. less diesel.

do u chip install in ur car? how much do u spend?

saan ka nagpagawa? thanx

ung alcohol injection - anong brand? kasi i saw one of the tsikot forum - na hindi naman totoo..

thanx

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Which one did you see on tsikot?

There's only one for sale locally, Devil's Own, and it has been proven on the dyno to really work.

Problem is, it takes experimentation and tuning to find the best alcohol mixture, nozzle size and activation point or curve. Worst case scenario, you only gain 5 hp, which isn't very noticeable, on non-turbo vehicles or vehicles with low-pressure turbos and with the weakest mixture (which is pure water)... Best case scenario, about 20-30 hp, with tuning, on a high pressure system.

But, like I said, it takes a lot of fiddling to get best results. I'm not too happy with the results on my turbo Crosswind. The dyno shows gains, but they're small (5 hp, but all throughout). That's because my turbo makes a pathetic 5-6 psi of boost. On other diesel turbos, which can do up to 30-40 psi, the gains are much greater.

-

I have a Unichip on my gasoline Lynx. Biggest bang for the buck modification I've ever done. About 10-20 hp gains all throughout the powerband (on a 140 hp motor, that's immense), and the midrange gains it gives you makes you much faster than an unchipped car in the real world. I got mine at Speedlab.

-

There are many different chips, and some of the UK ones are terrific, but if I were you, I'd pick one with local tech support, so you can have it fixed or adjusted if you're unhappy with it. The cheapest locally for diesels (that actually work and are backed by testing) are the VTECH Redbox and the Unichip.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I have this unichip on my monty....installed at speedlab last week... I could really feel the immediate gain on my monty's hp.. power is superb.. I just don't know if how many percent and nadagdag...hindi na nadyno, field testing lang since sabi ng technician it applies to all monty naman daw yung nakaprogram sa unichip for MS... right now im still curious if how many percent ang nadagdag sa hp and torque at kung tama lang ang nakaprogram sa module..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Which one did you see on tsikot?

There's only one for sale locally, Devil's Own, and it has been proven on the dyno to really work.

Problem is, it takes experimentation and tuning to find the best alcohol mixture, nozzle size and activation point or curve. Worst case scenario, you only gain 5 hp, which isn't very noticeable, on non-turbo vehicles or vehicles with low-pressure turbos and with the weakest mixture (which is pure water)... Best case scenario, about 20-30 hp, with tuning, on a high pressure system.

But, like I said, it takes a lot of fiddling to get best results. I'm not too happy with the results on my turbo Crosswind. The dyno shows gains, but they're small (5 hp, but all throughout). That's because my turbo makes a pathetic 5-6 psi of boost. On other diesel turbos, which can do up to 30-40 psi, the gains are much greater.

-

I have a Unichip on my gasoline Lynx. Biggest bang for the buck modification I've ever done. About 10-20 hp gains all throughout the powerband (on a 140 hp motor, that's immense), and the midrange gains it gives you makes you much faster than an unchipped car in the real world. I got mine at Speedlab.

-

There are many different chips, and some of the UK ones are terrific, but if I were you, I'd pick one with local tech support, so you can have it fixed or adjusted if you're unhappy with it. The cheapest locally for diesels (that actually work and are backed by testing) are the VTECH Redbox and the Unichip.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52972 - ito ba un sir, NITROGEN?

how much do u spend for ur lynx and crosswind modification? where can i biy vtech redbox? what are the services that u avail? thanx for ur help

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by arbe View Post
    I have this unichip on my monty....installed at speedlab last week... I could really feel the immediate gain on my monty's hp.. power is superb.. I just don't know if how many percent and nadagdag...hindi na nadyno, field testing lang since sabi ng technician it applies to all monty naman daw yung nakaprogram sa unichip for MS... right now im still curious if how many percent ang nadagdag sa hp and torque at kung tama lang ang nakaprogram sa module..
    sir. thanx for the info. how much do u spend? what are the service that u avAil?

price quotation?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    sir. thanx for the info. how much do u spend? what are the service that u avAil?

price quotation?
    55 K sir..1 yeAR warranty..yun lang

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Comment and Info about DPCHIP