New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by arbe View Post
    55 K sir..1 yeAR warranty..yun lang
    without dyno testing. parang expensive. kasi doon sa dynochip 60k all in lifetime warranty daw sabi ng salesman

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_scar View Post
    without dyno testing. parang expensive. kasi doon sa dynochip 60k all in lifetime warranty daw sabi ng salesman
    The Montero maps they're using were done on a local Montero, so at least they're tropicalized. You can still ask for custom-mapping if not satisfied with the gains.

I just checked. Basic unichip install is still 30k, with free dyno testing. It's 49.5k for the plug-and-play package (depending on the car), which is probably what arbe got.

*arbe: You can still ask for the dyno test... as that's included in the package.

The warranty thing is no extreme biggie. Electronics like this don't wear down over time... (which is why there's a big market for secondhand APEXi S-AFCs) the only big possibility of failure is from flood immersion (the chip is water-tight, but if a sensor shorts out while connected to the chip, it might fry something).

The Dastek Unichip has been in use for a long time in the US, South Africa and Asia. It's been featured in Sport Compact Car, as Vishnu uses it for Subaru tuning and it's used for Cooper and Protege tuning in the US. It may not be as popular as newer systems like Cobb Accessport, but it's more universal and, because we have a local distributor, it's significantly cheaper.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Montero maps they're using were done on a local Montero, so at least they're tropicalized. You can still ask for custom-mapping if not satisfied with the gains.

I just checked. Basic unichip install is still 30k, with free dyno testing. It's 49.5k for the plug-and-play package (depending on the car), which is probably what arbe got.

*arbe: You can still ask for the dyno test... as that's included in the package.

The warranty thing is no extreme biggie. Electronics like this don't wear down over time... (which is why there's a big market for secondhand APEXi S-AFCs) the only big possibility of failure is from flood immersion (the chip is water-tight, but if a sensor shorts out while connected to the chip, it might fry something).

The Dastek Unichip has been in use for a long time in the US, South Africa and Asia. It's been featured in Sport Compact Car, as Vishnu uses it for Subaru tuning and it's used for Cooper and Protege tuning in the US. It may not be as popular as newer systems like Cobb Accessport, but it's more universal and, because we have a local distributor, it's significantly cheaper.

Sir, what are the differcne between basic unichip and plug and play? how about trooper and pajero? plug and play type?

Dastek unichip?? cobb accessport? do u hav a contact number?

i saw a berrrisna diesel service dp chip from top gear. its said here the only 2wd and 4wd dynamometer of iuts kinds in the philippines.... diesel offer - perfomrance tuning. turbo fitting, diesel injectin and pump reapir. plug na play dpchop power up modules for EFI diesels,

thanx for the informative data..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009

i'm here already in iloilo sir.. I want some hp and torque gain pa sana, sa sobrang excitement hindi ko na test sa dyno... the technician told me na program sa module are the same with other monteros na nakabitan nila.. Field testing lang..

I tried 0-100 sprint so far .5 to 1 sec naimprove...a bit improvement din sa mileage.... I think yung big imrovement is the engine response...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Sir, what are the differcne between basic unichip and plug and play? how about trooper and pajero? plug and play type?
    plug and play with wiring harness..sir with this type of unichip you can just simply unplug the unit if you go to casa for check ups especially if your car is still under warranty.. the other one requires cutting and splicing of wires which obviously will void your warranty..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by arbe View Post
    plug and play with wiring harness..sir with this type of unichip you can just simply unplug the unit if you go to casa for check ups especially if your car is still under warranty.. the other one requires cutting and splicing of wires which obviously will void your warranty..

ah.... . worth it naman po? in ur opinion. 55k expense.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ah.... . worth it naman po? in ur opinion. 55k expense.
    yes..but if you are willing to buy this unit, text ferman first..depende sa type ng ride mo yung price...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *arbe: Ah. Kaya pala.

1 second on the Montero would be equal to a 10-15 hp difference.

*babyscar: if you want the plug and play, you'll have to order ahead. If it's custom-wired into the vehicle, it'll take between one to three days for the wiring, but it saves you 20k.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009

sir niky,do i need to bring my monty back * speedlab for tuning adjustment ( more hp and torque) or ok lang yung unichip na lang for reprogramming.. very much expensive kasi eh and nakakapagod na mag roro...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009

*babyscar: if you want the plug and play, you'll have to order ahead. If it's custom-wired into the vehicle, it'll take between one to three days for the wiring, but it saves you 20k.

gud pm. what do u mean u save 20k? u mean the plug and platyy 50k one of ur previous post while the direct is 30k?

have u heard the BERRISMAS DIESEL SERVICE? this is the website: www.diesel.asia.. what do u think?

baka mas mahal ung speedlab para sa akin parang ung speedlab = ATOY.. hehe

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Comment and Info about DPCHIP