New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Hindi naman impossible ang mileage na iyan. 20K kms pa lang yata yung '01 Sentra ni utol. hehehe.
    Really? Hehehe, nag-base kasi ako sa mga tinignan kong ibang unit and those I inquired sa autolink.ph. Usually nasa 50K above sila.

Ano best engine oil for Starex? Is mobil1 a good choice?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    delvac mx ok na yan, or delvac 1 if u have xtra cash

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    delvac mx ok na yan, or delvac 1 if u have xtra cash

Boss bimmer, how much is Delvac MX? Per Liter.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    delvac mx, 15w40 more or less P150/liter. delvac 1, 5w40, P330+/liter

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Starex is a good car considering the features. Pam pamilya talaga for it's size. Very good ride comfort, with the coil spring and heavy body. Air-con is absolutely cold, parang Nissan nga. What I observe lang is mausok, not like other diesel cars. As what most tsikoters said, yung mga handles laging napuputol, so expect to having them replaced every now and then. Got problem on the clutch system din. Overall, it's a nice family car. Unfortunately, binenta ko na. My wife complains that it's too big for her to drive.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    By the way, the one I bought has this LSD sticker at the back...Limited Slip Differential ata ito but how does it work?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The alternator is located near the bottom. Do not drive your starex on flooded streets. Alternator breaks easily.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yakuini
    By the way, the one I bought has this LSD sticker at the back...Limited Slip Differential ata ito but how does it work?
    think of it this way: when one of the rear wheel has poor traction (stuck in mud, or lifted axle).
    -w/o LSD: the wheel w/o traction just spins.
    -w/LSD: lesser or none of the above.

Race cars also have it to avoid slipping the inner wheels when accelerating hard coming in&out of the corner.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Had my experience with several starex. .
    The first generations one had lots of problems. As stated the door handles break, some minor squeeks can already be heard in the suspension. The compressor broke down in our first starex, quite hard to fix. Plus the major problem of the transmission in a M/T model.
    Surprisingly the second generation starex we currently use had very few problems, namely aircon doesn't seem to be as cold as what other are saying here. But overall the 2nd gen starex is a major improvement over the 1st gen, they seem to have ironed out most of its problems.

By the way 29Km isnt that dubius for a 02' car being driven in city driving only. averaging around 10Tkm per year is about right for just city driving and the occasional out of town. I just sold my dad's 99 galant VR with only 34Tkm.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    me sa starex ko, kalampag na agad kaya ingat lng sa mga lubak, mahina ang pang ilalim, at ang power window mechanism madali masira, mga door handle mabilis lumuwag, ang woodgrain texture nya nababakbak, ang oil seal mabilis pumutok, pero comfortabily oks naman at maluwag sya. so what do you expect ba sa korean vehicles.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Pls Share: Starex tips and common problem