New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Di ba factory-installed yung roof rack? O iba pa yung roof rack at yung 'strips' na nakakabit sa itaas? OT: Ang tanong -- kelan kaya papalitan ang modelo nito na hindi face-lift lang? Anybody? May nakita kasi akong thread na van na naka-camo -- starex daw yun.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    baggage roof rack. iba ba yun strip roof rack. wind resistance/noise up at 125kph due to roof rack.

i believe matagal pa nila papalitan ang starex coz very useful sya eh. matipid sa gas, matipid i-maintain, na-mamaximize ng husto ang space (passenger/cargo), and it's got ground clearance similar to SUVs, and easy to manuever in traffic coz it's really not that big. now that the new CRDi can achieve speeds similar to gasoline powered cars, the better value for money.

like the CRV, the nose job of the new Starex looks odd on pics, pero in person, this one looks better than the original talaga. it looks elegant bec. of the large square grille with Logo in front. parang style ng old rolls.

even the turbo concealed na unlike the old style na may hoodscoop pa.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    baggage roof rack. iba ba yun strip roof rack. wind resistance/noise up at 125kph due to roof rack.
    yup, the baggage roof rack will create additional wind resistance. your consumption will be a bit worse due to this as well as additional weight, compared to the same ride without it. but it is great to know that you can have it, still hit 140kph, and can still be able climb Kennon or some other steep incline easily.

i believe matagal pa nila papalitan ang starex coz very useful sya eh. matipid sa gas, matipid i-maintain, na-mamaximize ng husto ang space (passenger/cargo), and it's got ground clearance similar to SUVs, and easy to manuever in traffic coz it's really not that big. now that the new CRDi can achieve speeds similar to gasoline powered cars, the better value for money.
    Although I agree with you on this, I hope Hyundai changes the Starex, for the better of course, faster than Isuzu does its Crosswind. The latter still sells despite its shortcomings, so it still hasn't been significantly upgraded. I hope Hyundai keeps the improvements coming.

even the turbo concealed na unlike the old style na may hoodscoop pa.
    Ok nga to. Medyo sleeper. Personally, ayoko nang nakalabas pa yung hoodscoop para sa turbo. The design is much cleaner with the hoodscoop concealed.

Oh, there's one thing that I don't like about the new CRDi engine. Acceleration from idle to 2,000 rpm. From 2,000 rpm the CRDi pulls hard and strong, which is why cruising at 140kph and above is a breeze, but below that wala. Isn't low end supposed to be a diesel's advantage? Parang at that low rpm, reluctant pang mag-rev yung engine.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    top choice for a family van itong starex.
    power and comfort, nandito na lahat.

ang pangit lang dito ay ang stock korean tires (kumho), nagkakaroon ng mga bitak after a year of use.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    top choice for a family van itong starex.
    power and comfort, nandito na lahat.

ang pangit lang dito ay ang stock korean tires (kumho), nagkakaroon ng mga bitak after a year of use.
    Yep. May general consensus talaga na hindi gaanong durable ang stock kumho na kasama ng starex.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    May isa pang malaking disadvantage ito. Kung nagsimula ka pa ng Hyundai van mula sa H100 at nagpapalit ka every 3-4 years or so at naka-3 hyundai van ka na. Maduduwal ka na sa itsura niya! hahaha.

Kaso parang wala pa ding alternative unless Innova can solve its D4D woes -- maybe by next year.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    double post
    Last edited by oldblue; February 24th, 2007 at 03:45 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    how about maintenance? mabilis ba maghanap ng pyesa sa labas (in case out of warranty na) and reasonable ang price? i assume every 5,000 kms ang PMS o change oil? Magkano po ang inaabot kaya ng service sa casa every PMS?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    approved na yun car plan ko with a limit of P1 Million. Pasok ba sa budget kung starex crdi?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by XUV-AT2002 View Post
    approved na yun car plan ko with a limit of P1 Million. Pasok ba sa budget kung starex crdi?
    sir starex po is 1,188,000 for the manual transmission. taga hyundai po ako!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Maganda Ba ang Bagong Starex CRDi