New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    had bad experience with Michelin tires before. palaging bumubukol. ano po feedback natin sa Agilis sir?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    i hope isolated case sir becoz in other forum site its different, you could try to visit the site for some reviews and experiences from other owners...

http://teamhyundaiphils.proboards.co...&page=10...HTH!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Used Michelin Vanpix tyres (all 4) for 3 years on my Gen3, before I sold it... Walang problema....

13.1K:bike:

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    what michelin tires did you have? i had vanpix tires too.. and it lasted 3 years,, by the way any tubeless tires that is vulcanized when it has a puncture will eventually bukol.. kaya cold patch lang talaga gamit ko..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    *Cocoy I forgot na sir its been a while since I last used Michelins.

Anyhow, i ended up with same size Dunlops. 3,600 each. rides a little better but quieter than the bridgestones I replaced.

next question: I had wheel alignment done at servitek q.ave/d.tuazon right after the tire replacement. ok naman yung results dun sa computer printout (within tolerance levels daw) pero kumakabig sa right pag binitawan ko yung manibela habang tumatakbo. mali kaya pagka align nito?

saka pala pansin ko lang lately pag hinahataw ko yung starex, may nadidinig akong parang whistle sound(yung parang muted na whistle ng guard). ano kayang source nun? wala sya pag steady lang takbo mo kahit pa above 3k rpm na, tumutunog lang sya pag diniinan mo pa yung gas.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    sir ptk675 you could also have your front brake system (included nyo din yun rear for possible maintenance) check for loose parts components, worn out rotors or pads, leaking fluids...hindi naman kasi kasama sa alignment yun.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    more than 1 year old na yung last post dito thread. i-up ko lang.

if ever your radial tire is punctured, don't use a quick-repair kit (using fiber insert) and forget about it. instead, use a cold patch. if in an emergency and only a fiber insert is available, use it but change it as soon as possible to a cold patch.

i learned this the hard way. my rear tire was slowly leaking air. the tire repair shop found a 2" long nail embedded on the tire. they used a fiber insert in fixing the leak. so we went up north and back. along the way, the fiber insert gave way (i guess it must have blown off) and i ran flat for several kilometers before i noticed that i my rear tire was totally flat. luckily, we were already at the gate of my house. the tire was brand new and it was a total loss since the rim cut the inside of the tire.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo pepe View Post

if ever your radial tire is punctured, don't use a quick-repair kit (using fiber insert) and forget about it. instead, use a cold patch. if in an emergency and only a fiber insert is available, use it but change it as soon as possible to a cold patch.

i learned this the hard way. my rear tire was slowly leaking air. the tire repair shop found a 2" long nail embedded on the tire. they used a fiber insert in fixing the leak. so we went up north and back. along the way, the fiber insert gave way (i guess it must have blown off) and i ran flat for several kilometers before i noticed that i my rear tire was totally flat. luckily, we were already at the gate of my house. the tire was brand new and it was a total loss since the rim cut the inside of the tire.
    Yikes! TFS bro.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo pepe View Post

yup. lalong lalaki ang butas pag yung insert ang ginawa kahit na lagyan ng adhesive

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    yung tire repair pala using fiber insert or "plug" is a definite no-no per michelin's website.

Tire Repair

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Hyundai Starex (Gen. 3) [continued]