New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ang cute pala ng Eon pag mushroom color (like it). Kung ang Toyota may Avanza (shrunked Innova), ang tingin ko sa Eon shrunked/baby Elantra (& i10, baby Tucson).
    Ok din kaya pang long trips to (Manila to the province) or too small,best for daily trips sa metro lang..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by neezy03 View Post
    I'm curious if the EON can handle Manila to Baguio road trip? Will its 3 cylinder petrol engine be a big concern?
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Estimate lang. Given it's a 32 liter tank, times 20 km/l, 640... times 26 km/l... 832 kms. Don't know if it can hit the magic 30 km/l. If it could, it could maybe do 1000 kms on one tank. Asking Hyundai if they'd like to try Sorsogon to Pagudpud...
    ^
    I like to see a result of this from any auto-journalist.., kung papayag si HARI.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    one of the best engines of the past decade, the Honda 1.3 iDSi... which was capable of 23+ km/l and up to 30 on long stints... had a three-valve head. The space where the fourth valve should have been was taken up by the second spark plug. The new generation 1.3 is not as economical... they sacrificed the old system and installed a four-valve head and VTEC, which gave them a class-leading 100 hp out of a 1.3... but meant that they gave up the edge in economy.
    2 valves per cylinder yata sir yung iDSI motors ng Honda. They are truly geared for fuel economy. The fewer moving parts and softer valve springs (since these engines weren't meant to rev high) result in less friction, and the small ports generate swirl even at low revs. I'm sure the cam profile and the narrow valve angle design also helped, together with the rest of the package (long intake runners, exhaust, ecu tuning, hvac, EPS, available cvt, etc.). I personally think that it's absolutely great for Metro Manila driving.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    i kind of liked this too!!! mushroom would also be my color, incase! =))

just having second thoughts on its accelerating power, e.g. inclined roads. has someone test driven this thru podium parking at least? were it able to climb (on 1st gear) easily with a/c on?

TIA

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's right... 2 valves per cylinder pala.

Parking, no problem. First gear is very, very short. Only problem is if you stop, it's hard to juggle the clutch and gas... you'll have to rev it high to get it going again.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    usual mall/condo parkings are 3-4levels over-head... what I'm trying to ask kung kaya ba sumampa ni Eon sa mga parking ramps? usually on malls, you'd get your ticket about <3 meters before the ramp, enough bwelo na kaya yun? =)

pardon but i don't get what it means by saying 1st gear being very, very short? during inclined approach, say, 5-7km/h slow circular ascent (parang sa megamall o moa ata), how much rpm would it get kaya? yung tipong ma-feel mo na gigil na engine at deem na hindi kaya ng power?

ito lang naman concern ko kay Eon having 800cc engine... di baleng hirap basta kaya... mahirap kung masabing hindi niya kaya yung ganun klaseng mga paahon na daan... what you think guys? again, TIA

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Tingin ko kaya naman since I have seen several Alto's parked sa covered parking ng mga malls.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Eon does 6000 rpm at 35 km/h.

Your typical 1.6 liter car does 6000 rpm at 50 km/h.

Usually, 1.3 to 1.6 liter cars need to do 2500-3000 rpm when climbing parking ramps... About 20-25 km/h. At such speeds, the Eon is at 4000 rpm, where it is making peak torque.

You can't climb a steep ramp at 5 km/h unless you're driving a car with a REALLY big engine with REALLY short gears... Even for a diesel, 5 km/h is typically just 500 rpm...

Like I said... Only problem on ramps is you need to rev it hard when you let off the clutch or it will bog. Power per se is not a problem. I drove it up a steep hill behind a smoking tricycle in first gear at just 15 km/h and had no problems at all.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    hi *niky, back-read again and you've actually stated it here.... that's very well said!

you've also provided good review in your articles, btw! thumbs up to you, sir!

Thanks!

Moderate slope, kaya in 2nd gear. For the ultra-steep ones, like say Tagaytay Highlands or the inner streets of Baguio, you might need some buwelo. But if you're fine going slow, the Eon's first gear tops out at a ridiculously low 35 km/h... which makes it incredible for climbing steep hills.

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    again, very well said, sir!. thanks a lot for sharing the knowlegde

The Eon does 6000 rpm at 35 km/h.

Your typical 1.6 liter car does 6000 rpm at 50 km/h.

Usually, 1.3 to 1.6 liter cars need to do 2500-3000 rpm when climbing parking ramps... About 20-25 km/h. At such speeds, the Eon is at 4000 rpm, where it is making peak torque.

You can't climb a steep ramp at 5 km/h unless you're driving a car with a REALLY big engine with REALLY short gears... Even for a diesel, 5 km/h is typically just 500 rpm...

Like I said... Only problem on ramps is you need to rev it hard when you let off the clutch or it will bog. Power per se is not a problem. I drove it up a steep hill behind a smoking tricycle in first gear at just 15 km/h and had no problems at all.

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast