New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Good luck if you're choice is Starex....but if the company will shoulder repairs too, then fine get a Starex. Anyway, it's not your own money so why bother di ba?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo
    1.2m? this is inclusive of insurance and registration? i guess isurance will set you back 30k or something, and registration is 3 years which is like 7 or 8k. so, yun 1.2M is like 1.150 na lang hehehe.

kasya ba yun 1.2m sa crdi starex? last time i checked it at hyundai e. rod it was like 1.4 for the crdi, or maybe that was the crdi jumbo gold standard turbo diesel yun 1.2m below variants.

i think 4 rows (after the driver) yun jumbo. an laki! the trim level is also nice as well as the interior appointments(beige interior and cloths, auto climate etc). they also give out a free entertainment package sa gold - dvd player and screens... not sure if its still available nowadays.
    1.2M is my company's budget...excluding insurance...Yeah, insurance is around 27,000 for the GRX trim. I dropped by Hyundai Makati the other day. The 10 (or 9-1/2) seater is 1.248M A/T variant...nothing with it except tint (not even mats)...The salesman is asking for a 10Thou refundable deposit for a color white (dealers still practice the ole grease money trick eh?) ...My only dillema now is, since it's an old design, won't they be coming out with and All-new design soon?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yep, you may want to consider other choices like the 7 seater CRV....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So what if a new design comes out? It won't make the older one any worse of a vehicle for its intended purpose. Besides, even in Korea, the Starex is still a strong selling model and there are no immediate plans of replacing it. It is a proven entity already both for private and commercial use.

New models are also subject to 'teething problems'. You wouldn't want to be the guinea pig (Toyota D4d woes ring any bell?).

Yes, they don't include floormats. It defeats the purpose of the plastic 'hospital floor' material they use. Quite practical. Very easy to clean.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Errh... the 7 seater CRV was phased out a long while back.

*Radical!: Try shopping with other dealers, too... you might be able to get a good deal. But then again, you might not... I forgot how much the CRDi engine adds to the price! Still, since it's company money, you can always bone up some of your personal money for amenities. Seat covers and mats aren't very painful to buy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sorry for that Niky.....I was looking at an old CARCHART kasi...thanks for the info. How 'bout a pre-owned Ford Explorer 4X2 XLT? Downside is you have to shell out some cash to go with the 1.2M budget and the 4.0 li engine might be a pain in the wallet at the gas pump if the company doesn't provide gas money. Upside: Excelllent ride for 7 and a major statement on your daily trip to the office.
    Check this out:
    EXPLORER XLT 2006 1.4M March '06, A/T, dark blue, 2Tkm.(0920) 5778092

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    So what if a new design comes out? It won't make the older one any worse of a vehicle for its intended purpose. Besides, even in Korea, the Starex is still a strong selling model and there are no immediate plans of replacing it. It is a proven entity already both for private and commercial use.

New models are also subject to 'teething problems'. You wouldn't want to be the guinea pig (Toyota D4d woes ring any bell?).

Yes, they don't include floormats. It defeats the purpose of the plastic 'hospital floor' material they use. Quite practical. Very easy to clean.
    * OTEP, thank you, you have a good point. I agree with you, the Starex is a 'proven' workhorse. I really didn't think of the mats...yeah, what are mats for if you can just sweep the dust off...
    * Eismann, the Explorer is 1.8M if I'm not mistaken...yeah, it is actually a dream car but is way off the company budget...and my conscience will bother me all day with the fuel consumption of that thing...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Cary,

1.2M hmmmm.....1 R1 and 1 R6 will do! No need to worry about the backride. Let me know if this is an option and i will gladly drive home one from the dealership. No, you cant drive both at the same time. Also, welcome to tsikot and its community. Learned a lot from here.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade
    Cary,

1.2M hmmmm.....1 R1 and 1 R6 will do! No need to worry about the backride. Let me know if this is an option and i will gladly drive home one from the dealership. No, you cant drive both at the same time. Also, welcome to tsikot and its community. Learned a lot from here.
    Hey fireblade! Innova and an R6? Why not? Any suggestions with the budget?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Starex

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Have a P1.2M Budget for a company car...[EDIT:  I chose the Starex]