New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Need help in choosing a daily drive to and from work and a family mover on weekends and holidays. Company car. Budget is 1.2M

-Must seat at least 7pax (with luggage)
    -Economical (diesel a plus)
    -A/T
    -Easy to drive
    -Good resale value
    -and everything else: low NVH, strong A/C, good maintenance history

Initially here are some of my thoughts:

Innova G- D4D: A tight 7 seater though good value
    Starex CRDi: A 10 year old design. Poor resale value
    06 Kia Sedona: Is the 170 psi CRDi really coming? Poor resale value
    Hiace: No A/T

TIA for the replys

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try adding another 100K and your budget can fit in the Fortuner 2.7L VVTi - the only thing going against it is the lack of luggage space when 7 persons are seated. Try to stay away from any Toyota that is being powered by their 2.5L D4D engine (see the D4D problem thread).

If you really want to seat 7 people with some luggage space to spare - the Starex is hard to beat.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Starex ako...old doenst mean bad...saka new generation ang CRDi niya and a reliable one unlike sa D4D also ok din ang resale ng Starex

pero check mo din and Nissan Estate

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go with kimps. Old doesn't mean bad. And why would you want to cram your family members in the penalty box rear seating of some vehicles just the interest of resale value?

Starex is bang for the buck. It's a proven entity already. 7 passengers will still be comfortable and have plenty of room. Easy to drive also. Commanding view or the road, rear sonar with backing mirror, large side mirrors.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'd recommend the Starex too. I've always liked the ride height on that thing, samahan mo pa ng 4WD. Tamang-tama pang-out of town or pang-baha.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Starex will fit your budget.... will comfortably seats 7 pax w/ plenty of space for luggage...

Everest will also fit your budget...real seating for 7 pax, some cargo space to boot and a diesel also... and also an SUV by nature....although it looks dated but the 4x4 are a capable off road vehicle and by the way, looks are subjective...

Fortuner is out of your budget but is a very very good option...stay away on 2.5D4D engine though....

Innova with gas engine is also a 7 seater vehicle but will have no space for luggage once you utilized its 7 seating capacity...

Suzuki APV is also an 7-8 seater vehicle w/c is quite below your intended budget...but you if you have a 1.2M budget, you can probably buy another car together with this....

Adventure and Crosswind is another vehicle that you might consider....it will seat 7 pax also but a bit outdated but very reliable ride....unless you get a lemon....

Crosswind will also fits your budget if you want to consider it....

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Thanks for the replies, keep em coming...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy

pero check mo din and Nissan Estate
    Do they have an A/T variant?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    starex...

its old, yes. but its design was so modern when it was introduced way back 98 (or 97)

sa ngayun pa nga lang ini-introduce yung mga features na dati na meron sa Starex eh..

like CRDi, coil spring rear suspension, AT and diesel combi, minivan configuration, AV entertainment etc.

and the resale isnt that bad IMO.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try the new hi-ace na malaki...3.0L engine na modelo...sits more than 7 and with lots of space for luggage...parang mini bus ang laki.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Have a P1.2M Budget for a company car...[EDIT:  I chose the Starex]