New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Ganyan lahat ang strategy lahat nang mga dealers either Hyundai,Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Ford & etc. Magdeny lahat nang claims sa warranties. Kasi nasa pinas tayo pero nung nasa Australia ako, yun car nang kaibigan ko may issue sa EGR. no questions ask, palit kaagad walang labas na pera kahit isang centimo.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on whether it's a known defect or not. Your best defense is to find evidence another owner or group of owners had the items replaced under warranty, then to ask why they denied it on yours.

I have friends who were denied warranty claims from various manufacturers for items that were clearly warranty issues, like throttle plate screws, coil packs or paint trim. Not only here, but in the US, even with a TSB printed out to back up their claim.

It's all in how well you argue your position, how loudly you complain, and how high up the chain you're willing to go with your case.

Either that, or how much you pay off your service advisor.

I think the problem in this case is it was bumped from the Cebu dealership to the Manila dealership, and while the first was willing, the second wasn't. And the customer didn't have to push to have the complaint taken seriously by the Manila dealership.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by asb75 View Post
    Ganyan lahat ang strategy lahat nang mga dealers either Hyundai,Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Ford & etc. Magdeny lahat nang claims sa warranties. Kasi nasa pinas tayo pero nung nasa Australia ako, yun car nang kaibigan ko may issue sa EGR. no questions ask, palit kaagad walang labas na pera kahit isang centimo.
    Basta within warranty period ano?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    useless nga ang warranty ng hari. kaya ako i only go to the casa for service for the first 10k pms, after that sa labas na. imagine naman every 3 months ang required pms nila even if the mileage interval is way below 3000 km. the money you'll save in having the vehicle serviced outside the case is much more than whatever warranty they will honor. the 5 year warranty is just a marketing gimik to tie you up to having the vehicle serviced at the casa.

i do not know if mitsubishi practices the same, but when i bought my lancer in 2001 they did not care if the service was done at the casa or outside, as long as the maintenance book was stamped and signed by the workshop and the receipt attached.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    i do not know if mitsubishi practices the same, but when i bought my lancer in 2001 they did not care if the service was done at the casa or outside, as long as the maintenance book was stamped and signed by the workshop and the receipt attached.
    They will not care... Until your unit broke down & need to claim for repair or parts replacemement.

That time they will check it one-by-one, one lapse it might ruin the warranty.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    They will not care... Until your unit broke down & need to claim for repair or parts replacemement.

That time they will check it one-by-one, one lapse it might ruin the warranty.
    Right, right. I totally agree. Basta walang sira at warranty claim no problem.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Yes Bro. Sapalaran din talaga pag di mo sa casa pinapagawa pag cover pa ng 3yrs waranty period.

Pero after 3yrs at di ako kontento sa service nila e mas ok pa sa labas. Importante kampante ka sa mga mekaniko at reliable sila.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ganyan talaga ang hari, hari ng sablay nga. my accent is only 8 months old and 2k mileage and yet ive been going back and forth sa casa. ive lost count na. and all this to fix the same problem. all they do everytime is adjust here and there, clean here and there. pero iniiwasan talaga nila mag replace. tama nga logic ng tao dito. bring your unit to casa up to 10,000 pms only. then have the succeeding services done outside. the warranty part is offseted by the exhorbitant fees they charge each pms

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    imagine naman every 3 months ang required pms nila even if the mileage interval is way below 3000 km.

Bro.,- ako, every 5KKm ko dinadala for PMS ang aming GS.....

14.7K:cow:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by asb75 View Post
    Not for Honda based from my experience.
    I'm hands-down when it comes to warranty claim with Honda.
    I had a Honda civic 2008 1.8s, they replaced 2 headlights due to small moist (around size of 50 cent) , engine support, 2 front shocks, stabilizer links, auto tensioner before it turned 3 yrs.
    Cost of all the replacement was roughly P100k, didn't cost me even a centavo.
    I just had my unit inspected and they initiated the claim without me asking for a claim.
    I sold my unit and replaced it with a Toyota Grandia, now I miss the quality service of Honda.
    Even after I sold my Honda Civic, i received a call from Honda advising me to tell the new owner to bring the unit cos they want to inspect the rear shocks and claim for warranty if needed.
    That's quality service.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
BEWARE: HYUNDAI's USELESS 5-YEAR warranty!! [MERGED]