New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Beware of the Hyundai deception. I have a Grand Starex 2008 and still within the 5-year warranty period. Last May 2011, I discovered the lower center portion of the windshield was blurred and have some kind of orange peel look. I thought it was the tint so I decided to change the tint. When we took out the tint, the "orange peel" was still there. When brought to Hyundai Cebu for warranty claim, they denied that its not covered. WTF!!

A few weeks ago, our driver noticed the lack of power and brought it to Hyundai. The said the EGR should be replaced and will claim for warranty from Manila. Now Hyundai Manila denied again. I have to pay almost P20K for the Turbo Actuator. They only cleaned the EGR.

I was supposed to buy a Tucson CRDI AWD yesterday. Am relieved I cancelled it and bought a Sportage instead. I have bought many Kias and other brands but never had these warranty issues. Hyundai's warranty sucks big time!!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselx View Post
    Beware of the Hyundai deception. I have a Grand Starex 2008 and still within the 5-year warranty period. Last May 2011, I discovered the lower center portion of the windshield was blurred and have some kind of orange peel look. I thought it was the tint so I decided to change the tint. When we took out the tint, the "orange peel" was still there. When brought to Hyundai Cebu for warranty claim, they denied that its not covered. WTF!!

A few weeks ago, our driver noticed the lack of power and brought it to Hyundai. The said the EGR should be replaced and will claim for warranty from Manila. Now Hyundai Manila denied again. I have to pay almost P20K for the Turbo Actuator. They only cleaned the EGR.

I was supposed to buy a Tucson CRDI AWD yesterday. Am relieved I cancelled it and bought a Sportage instead. I have bought many Kias and other brands but never had these warranty issues. Hyundai's warranty sucks big time!!
    Kia and Hyundai are same company naman. Papano yan?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Kia and Hyundai are same company naman. Papano yan?
    Same company but under different Philippine distributors. HARI for hyundai and Columbia for Kia.

Based on past feedback, Columbia does not fare any better than HARI. In fact, HARI is now declining in terms of service and warranty while Columbia is supposedly trying to rectify its missteps from the past.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Same company but under different Philippine distributors. HARI for hyundai and Columbia for Kia.

Based on past feedback, Columbia does not fare any better than HARI. In fact, HARI is now declining in terms of service and warranty while Columbia is supposedly trying to rectify its missteps from the past.
    Yes I know, although what I mean is same company halos gumagawa so kung hindi siya bilib sa quality ng isa, bakti yung kapatid din binili? For me its doesn't make since unless nga service yung tingin niya problem or baka hindi niya alam na isang company lang basically gumawa ng Kia or Hyundai.

Anyway, hope the TS doesn't get offended by my post. Peace.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    IMHO car warranties are all Marketing Strategy... Its like "we will give you warranty but you must avail of our expensive maintenance on time or else your claim will be void"...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Warranty doesn't cover "wear" items. A bocked or dirty EGR will never be covered under warranty... because it got dirty due to use.

The windshield, if there's a defect on the glass that's noticeable as "orange peel", may be a warranty-coverable item, but you have to fight for it. If the ripples are due to the tint, no coverage. If they're due to the safety lamination failing, then that should be replaced under warranty.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    IMHO car warranties are all Marketing Strategy... Its like "we will give you warranty but you must avail of our expensive maintenance on time or else your claim will be void"...
    Yes if you miss the scheduled PMS then they will use that to void the warranty of the affected parts. You have to fight for that.
    As far as I experienced all car maker of the brand that I had/have are the same when it comes to warranty claim. Not only with Hyundai or KIA. If they see something to void the warranty replacement then they will do that. I experienced this even with the highly hyped Honda brand. Everything comes down to how you negotiate your claim.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I've had a few consumable parts replaced under warranty; strut assembly, hydraulic engine support, and even the whole steering rack assembly two days before the warranty expired, among others.

It helps to know a thing or two about your car, simple electronics/physics and some ability on the art of persuasion to prove that it's a factory defect and not caused by misuse. You can also substantiate it with a published service bulletin; The Net is littered with it. Do a Google search. If there's a prevailing issue that's similar in nature as with the problems you're having, even though it's for a different country or market, print it out and bring it along. This will at least tell them that you did your homework and know what you're talking about.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mukhang sablay nga ang Hyundai pag dating sa warranty claims. Just read the Hyundai Accent Engine Knocking issue thread, most of them are denied by the dealers. Or sometimes, pinapaikot lang sila.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    If you look at it, the company would maybe see to it that warranty expenses should be covered by a percentage of the income generated from after sales really (at least that's how i would book it). In the case of my Altis, I weighed my risks and benefits and decided to stopp bringing it to the CASA after the 10,000kms and never regretted it; my only probably warranty claim would have been the warped brake rotors but heck, the 1.5K i spent for replacement rotors is not comparable to the savings i had by doing my service elsewhere.

It also boils down to the service relations of the dealer and the company, and how you negotiate with them. We've had claims with our Toyotas and Mitsubishis before which were valid and honored easily. Nissan Commonwealth even replaced a balljoint of my Frontier which gave way at less than 10,000kms (which is supposedly a wear and tear item; although in my case it really seemed to be a defective balljoint as the car was new and not used too hard).

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
BEWARE: HYUNDAI's USELESS 5-YEAR warranty!! [MERGED]