New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    What pissed off the missis the most was the missing 6 airbags that is standard on the US model. Ah well...good thing it'll be me who'll be driving it the most.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    I've been driving my Pajero for around 4 years already. If I had bought a Tucson CRDi, nabawi ko na pala. hehehe.

Btw, CRDi engines more fuel efficient BUT make more noise (that's why most of them live under a plastic shroud) than diesel engines of comparable size. The CRDi maintenance schedule is pretty much like the conventional diesel engine's. Meaning you only have filters and fluids to regularly look after.

Btw, the Tucson is a 4x4. How much is a CR-V 4x4 anyways?

Hi Otep,

I disagree on the noise observation, I own a local Pajero 97 w/ 4d56 engine similar to your ride, before getting a Sorento, but the former(4d56-Pajero) tend to have a louder takatakatak sound than the Sorento, especially in the early part of the day (morning)... And more especially if we compare it to isuzu engines... My father owns a crosswind.. Another observation, my brother in law who owns an Innova, well, the Sorento Engine is quiter and has lesser vibration....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Crosswind already uses a Di engine. The older Isuzu 2.8 is quieter. That's why most newer Di and CRDi engines live under plastic shrouds to contain the noise.

If a closely similar Di and pre-chamber engine were both bench tested, chances are the Di engine will be noisier as there is no pre-chamber to contain the noise of the explosion. However, more modern encapsulation, insulation, and acoustic technology has allowed Di engines to have similar if not quieter noise levels than conventional pre-chamber engines.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Otep,

Thanks for the info...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul
    What pissed off the missis the most was the missing 6 airbags that is standard on the US model. Ah well...good thing it'll be me who'll be driving it the most.
    AFAIK... among Japanese cars that are being sold locally, only the Mazda6 2.3L has 6 airbags.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Has anyone from guys have already driven the 2.0l model? Comments would be most welcome

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sana magpasok ang ibang car companies ng kani-kanilang diesel variants especially sa mga sedan.2006 is a very exciting year for the local car industry.ang daming new models na lalabas!

Hyundai Pasig will open by March. Sa C-5 sila south bound before you go up the bridge sa Pasig. The asst.manager is a very good friend. They are accepting orders already. You can call him up, 0927-2546959, Darwin Mercado. You might get a better deal since mag bubukas pa lang

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    AFAIK... among Japanese cars that are being sold locally, only the Mazda6 2.3L has 6 airbags.
    Sorry if OT but I'm curious how the Mazda 6 2.3L is doing.

For me, parang very good deal sha among all midsized sedans. Power is just right, daming goodies, excellent interior space, sporty image, priced very competitively, & not very common.

I wonder if its just me but I'd seriously consider it if I was in the market for a LWB Japanese sedan.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    gud tidings, meron akong tiningnan na tucson naka show sa Robinson's Galeria, i believe hangang bukas na lang yata sila doon, maganda ang loob nung standard model nila maluwag ang loob kasya apat na adults. ok rin ang legroom tapos ung price at 888K ay ok na, ang comment ko lang baka mababa ang mileage compared to others in its class kasi 2.0 ang engine tapos malaki ang kaha. ano sa palagay nyo?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
2005 Hyundai Tucson CRDi in the Philippines