New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by microtsip View Post
    thanks for the info. so is there a way to replace the affected parts to make it compatible for E10?
    Rubber fuel hoses are easy to replace but make sure the new hoses have the same pressure rating etc.

Fuel tank rusting... well, that is harder. It can be avoided/minimized by avoiding gas stations prone to frequent flooding (or avoid the stations for a couple of weeks)

As for the metal fuel lines, depends if E10 compatible replacements are available for your car.

and also, what is the safest fuel to load for now? my first option, as what i've already stated on my first post, is Petron Blaze.
    In my case, I use either Petron Blaze or Total Pro-Tech if I want to avoid E10 gas.

pag ethanol-blended lang yung fuel (not 10%-90% mixture), like XCS (if i'm not mistaken, is not E10 but still contains ethanol -- around 5%?), me negative effect pa din kaya sa kotse?
    Petron XCS is E10 gasoline or 10% ethanol blended in gasoline.

Kinda rare to find E5 gasoline these days but it just means the effects of ethanol will be slower to occur than E10, E20 or E80 blends.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Rubber fuel hoses are easy to replace but make sure the new hoses have the same pressure rating etc.

Thanks. I've asked honda customer support also and they provided me the parts that need to be replaced on a Honda City LXi '99

1. 17651-SX8-T00 Tube Filler Neck (Japan)
    2. 17653-SR7-000 Tube Breather (Japan)

I called-up Honda Parts, only the Tube Filler Neck is currently available, and it's on Alabang branch only. The other one is out-of-stock...

Maybe some of you guys know where to get these parts.

In my case, I use either Petron Blaze or Total Pro-Tech if I want to avoid E10 gas.

Petron XCS is E10 gasoline or 10% ethanol blended in gasoline.
    I'm sticking on to Blaze for now until I replace the parts that were suggested by Honda.

How about Shell and Caltex? What are their fuels that do not contain E10?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    problems on EFI cars with E10 would include (but not limited to) the following:

-rust in the gas tank (from the water content in the e10 gasoline)
    -hardening of the non-ethanol compatible rubber fuel hoses.
    -erosion/corrosion of some metal fuel hoses (resulting in pin hole leaks).
    Sir, noob question, pero I'll ask narin, taken these possible effects of E10 with EFI, what if the recommended Octane for my Civic 1.8S is between 91-95, will I still gas up with Petron Blaze (96 or 97?) or stick with XCS/E10 (95)?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I think Petron BLAZE is still without ethanol.

By 2011 all Petron products will be e10... as compliant to Biofuel Act... lahat ng mga yan magiging e10 na

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    diba XCS is e10 na? Whenever i'm using e10 in my ek vti with stock engine, maganda ang performance pero poor ang consumption 7-8kms/L city driving. Pero dikopa na-try yung xcs with my d15b engine.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Thanks for the info. buti nalng safe from e10 yung civic ko..woohooo

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Anyone have an idea if anything needs to be changed for a first generation CRV to be euro4 gasoline compatible? Or are all cars ok to use any higher rated euro fuel, its just that the emissions will not be at that level?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Wala ba talaga average fuel consumption meter sa 2010/2011 honda civic 1.8s/2.0s? Or hindi ko lang mahanap. Tnx

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    [QUOTE=ITMA;1127821]I have a friend who gases up with

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    yes yes yo yes yes yo.. Yo yes yes yo.. Yes yes yo

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Honda Civic and E10/Ethanol gasoline [MERGED]