New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 113
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    75
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaydpogi View Post
    Ethanol does not increase power. It expands the heat of the petrol creating a bigger explosion. Thus giving your unleaded a higher octane rating. The problem with e10 is that since it expands the heat, the internal temperature of the engine is much higher. This causes knocking issues.
    Sir Ejay..i do not mean to sound confronting po so please don't get me wrong..pero as per my earlier post, are the FC savings as well as the financials behind it worth the risk to our cars given the stress E10 creates and therefore knocking issues you confirmed by putting E10 into it?

    Yes we could get more milage or usage out of every E10 liter we put into our cars..but long term effects of this to our engine is the main subjective argument here...how prepared are we to accept saving some money initally (as per my ealier calculation of saving up to Php104 a year based on an average of putting Php1,000 a week of fuel) and possibly getting more milage but in turn, experience knocking to our engines and possibly risk long-term damage which in the long run could cost us more money to fix?

    When, if we could make an informative choice - pay for and use a higher quality fuel and yes quite admittedly could be a slightly lower milage in the short-term but then have a better assurance that our engine runs cleaner and long-term could cost less fixing it for any engine related problems such as carbon build up or knocking?

    We are all taking about our cars here, which we have put our every valuable piso into, regardless of what price we bought it for. We are not talking about being practica because in this discussion, we own cars under our our accord and judgement. Cars that we all admitted to ourselves we can manage and afford accordingly when we purchased it and decided to call an 'investment'. If we wanted to be practica, we would have bought a motor, bicycle or stuck to commuting. So IMO this is not our main issue.

    Sorry sir, as I said earlier please do not take this post the wrong way, as honestly I do not know the long-term effect of E10. But I have used both Petron as well as V-Power for the last 18 years I have been driving here and overseas for the cars I've successfully owned. And not one of them ever experienced engine problems due to knocking or fuel related other issues.

    Bottomline, for me its not worth the financial risk or inconvenience for our cars when we can have a clear choice of quality over quantity.

  2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    205
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by snatchmeister View Post
    Sir Ejay..i do not mean to sound confronting po so please don't get me wrong..pero as per my earlier post, are the FC savings as well as the financials behind it worth the risk to our cars given the stress E10 creates and therefore knocking issues you confirmed by putting E10 into it?

    Yes we could get more milage or usage out of every E10 liter we put into our cars..but long term effects of this to our engine is the main subjective argument here...how prepared are we to accept saving some money initally (as per my ealier calculation of saving up to Php104 a year based on an average of putting Php1,000 a week of fuel) and possibly getting more milage but in turn, experience knocking to our engines and possibly risk long-term damage which in the long run could cost us more money to fix?

    When, if we could make an informative choice - pay for and use a higher quality fuel and yes quite admittedly could be a slightly lower milage in the short-term but then have a better assurance that our engine runs cleaner and long-term could cost less fixing it for any engine related problems such as carbon build up or knocking?

    We are all taking about our cars here, which we have put our every valuable piso into, regardless of what price we bought it for. We are not talking about being practica because in this discussion, we own cars under our our accord and judgement. Cars that we all admitted to ourselves we can manage and afford accordingly when we purchased it and decided to call an 'investment'. If we wanted to be practica, we would have bought a motor, bicycle or stuck to commuting. So IMO this is not our main issue.

    Sorry sir, as I said earlier please do not take this post the wrong way, as honestly I do not know the long-term effect of E10. But I have used both Petron as well as V-Power for the last 18 years I have been driving here and overseas for the cars I've successfully owned. And not one of them ever experienced engine problems due to knocking or fuel related other issues.

    Bottomline, for me its not worth the financial risk or inconvenience for our cars when we can have a clear choice of quality over quantity.
    none taken sir. i participate in this threads to be more informed and be objective about matters. yes, i understand where your coming from. in fact, my post started as hesitation in filling up with e10 due to uncertain long term effects. but my basis for still using e10 was the fact that the manufacturer claim of the car being e10 compatible.

  3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    14,181
    #33
    I use E10 on all our gas cars and yes my Civic included. Since that run up in prices last year and even now that prices has gone down substantially I still use E10.

  4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    75
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaydpogi View Post
    none taken sir. i participate in this threads to be more informed and be objective about matters. yes, i understand where your coming from. in fact, my post started as hesitation in filling up with e10 due to uncertain long term effects. but my basis for still using e10 was the fact that the manufacturer claim of the car being e10 compatible.
    Thanks sir! appreciate your reply.

    But you know what, that's the other funny thing din you pointed out. When I asked my Sales Rep upon release of my civic last month he said the same thing as the manufacturer claim when I asked what's the best gas to use - use E10 its just fine daw! I was kind of asking which brand Shell or Petron..LOL! I guess hindi ako masyado claro sa tanong ko

    I guess it relates back to your point and the Reps only know what they know or expected to know.

    Have a good week!

  5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    75
    #35
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Never used E10 in my 1.8S since I got it exactly a year ago. I've always fed primarily with Blaze. If it's not available, I go with V-Power or Gold (in that order).
    * OJ88

    Hey bro, would you recommend me jumping up to Blaze since I use V-Power at the moment? I know V-P is not your first choice but do you see a big difference against the Blaze with engine performace/output or slight lang sha. Haven't tried Blaze yet as I've only had my 1.8s exact a month and always V-P and carga ko sa kanya.

  6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    205
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by snatchmeister View Post
    * OJ88

    Hey bro, would you recommend me jumping up to Blaze since I use V-Power at the moment? I know V-P is not your first choice but do you see a big difference against the Blaze with engine performace/output or slight lang sha. Haven't tried Blaze yet as I've only had my 1.8s exact a month and always V-P and carga ko sa kanya.
    It wouldn't make any difference if you use v-power (95ron) or blaze (96ron) since our civics run on unleaded with 91ron - 95ron. I would even suggest using an unleaded petrol with 93ron. in theory, it will yield the same performance and will be more economical since high octane fuel tends to burn faster. Remember that our engine does rely on the amount of air that it sucks to provide the right amount of fuel. It will not lessen the amount of fuel used when you use a high octane fuel. my two cents worth!

  7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    75
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaydpogi View Post
    It wouldn't make any difference if you use v-power (95ron) or blaze (96ron) since our civics run on unleaded with 91ron - 95ron. I would even suggest using an unleaded petrol with 93ron. in theory, it will yield the same performance and will be more economical since high octane fuel tends to burn faster. Remember that our engine does rely on the amount of air that it sucks to provide the right amount of fuel. It will not lessen the amount of fuel used when you use a high octane fuel. my two cents worth!
    got me there bro! good point thanks!

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    527
    #38
    Honda users (Philippine), check this out:

    Honda Automobiles Compatible with E-10 Gasoline

  9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    27
    #39
    I had compared Shell Unleaded and Caltex E10 for 1 month each on my 2 month old 1.8S. Same results.
    Our company cars that averages 50,000 kms per year also uses E10. According to the drivers and the maintenance histories, all are OK.

  10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    28
    #40
    Here is the list of automobiles or vehicles compatible with E-10 Gasoline: (source: honda phils)


    Honda Jazz
    Jazz 1.3L i-DSI 2004 ~ present
    Jazz 1.5L VTEC 2005 ~ 2006


    Honda City
    City 1.3L i-DSI 2003 ~ present
    City 1.5L VTEC 2000 ~ present
    City 1.5L (Type Z) (Group Fuel Injection, GFI) 1999 ~ 2003


    Honda Civic
    Civic 1.8L SOHC i-VTEC 2006 ~ present
    Civic 2.0L DOHC 2006 ~ present
    Civic 2.0L DOHC 2004 ~ 2005
    Civic 1.6L SOHC 2001 ~ 2006
    Civic 1.5L SOHC 2001 ~ 2004
    Civic 1.6L DOHC VTEC 1998 ~ 2001
    Civic 1.6L VTEC (Civic SiR Body) 1998 ~ 2001
    Civic 1.5L (Civic SiR Body) (Group Fuel Injection, GFI) 1998 ~ 2001


    Honda Accord
    Accord 3.5L SOHC i-VTEC 2008 ~ present
    Accord 2.4L DOHC i-VTEC 2009 ~ present
    Accord 3.0L V6 VTEC 2004 ~ 2007
    Accord 2.4L DOHC i-VTEC 2004 ~ 2007
    Accord 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC 2003 ~ 2004
    Accord 2.0L VTI-SOHC 1998 ~ 2001
    Accord 2.3L VTI-L SOHC 1998 ~ 2001
    Accord 2.0L VTI-SOHC 2001 ~ 2002


    Honda CR-V
    CR-V 2.0L SOHC i-VTEC 2007 ~ present
    CR-V 2.4L DOHC i-VTEC 2008 ~ present
    CR-V 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC 2005 ~ 2006
    CR-V 2.4L DOHC i-VTEC 2005 ~ 2006
    CR-V 2.0L DOHC 1997 ~ 2002


    Other Honda Vehicles
    Odyssey 2.2L SOHC 1997 ~ 1998
    Pilot 3.5L V6 2006 ~ 2007
    HR-V 1.6L SOHC 2000 ~ 2002
    S2000 2.0L 2001
    Civic Hybrid 1.3L 2004 ~ 2006
    Legend 3.5L 1997 ~ 1998


    Here is the list of automobiles or vehicles NOT compatible with E-10 Gasoline:

    (source: honda phils)


    Honda City
    City 1.5L (Group Fuel Injection, GFI) 1998 ~ 1999
    City 1.3L (Group Fuel Injection, GFI) 1996 ~ 1999
    City 1.3L (Carbureted) 1996 ~ 1999


    Honda Civic
    Civic 1.6 VTEC 1996 ~ 1998
    Civic 1.5L (Group Fuel Injection, GFI) 1996 ~ 1998
    Civic 1.5L (Carbureted) 1993 ~ 1995
    Civic 1.2L (Carbureted) 1992 ~ 1996
    Civic 1.2L (Carbureted) 1991 ~ 1992


    Honda Accord
    Accord 2.2L 1994 ~ 1997

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Honda Civic and E10/Ethanol gasoline [MERGED]