New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptoKnight View Post
    you would if you want to! <-- but this is not the thread is all about
    top speed is definitely 220 or more... nuff said!
    Dropped out of a plane, or going downhill, yes. On its own power on level ground? Highly unlikely.

I know a thing or two about speed, and a Honda City, given its size and shape, will need about 150-160 bhp to hit 220 km/h.

I've driven GEs at high speed, mind you, and I've driven stock and modified GDs. And I've witnessed dynos of the L-series engine. I have a good sense for what power they make, and it's nowhere near enough for 220 km/h.

And the engine won't rev to 8000 rpm on its own, because the ECU won't let it. Even then, the long-stroke L-series doesn't even breathe that high up. I wouldn't be surprised if Type100's predictions come true, in this case. Revving that far beyond redline stresses the wrist-pins on the pistons, the valve springs and the big end bearings. I guess it'd be a testament to Honda's build quality that the engine didn't blow on the spot, but look for flakes of metal in the oil on the next oil change.

You could ask the guy who posted that when and where he did that. The answer should be very amusing, to say the least. There are places on the SCTEX where you can build up a head of steam, maintain near-top speed going uphill (around 180-190), then blast downhill afterwards at faster speeds than your car is capable of doing on its own.

I've seen 220+++ km/h there (estimated around 225-230, didn't have the VBox at the time, but given my tires and redline, theoretical max is there... and I definitely hit redline), but we did that one going slightly uphill.
    Last edited by niky; September 7th, 2010 at 12:44 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Lakas ng loob niyo. Ako 130 to 140 takot na ko
    You'll usually get used to speeds in the 160-190 kph range on SLEX southbound on lazy Sunday afternoons (around 2 pm). It's not that scary when the sun is up.

Just make sure your car is in top shape.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Read in HCCP forums that you can perform a dashboard indicator test sa honda city. Part of the dashboard indicator test will move the needles for speedometer and tach to its max. Jazz ang nasa video but they say it also works sa City. Here is the youtube link:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IXb5au1SGs"]YouTube- Honda New Fit (GE)/ Fit (GD) - Modo Diagnóstico do Painel[/ame]

Baka ito lang yun ginawa nung nag picture kaya malinaw sobra yung pagkakuha ng pic. Kaya may comment sya doon na "hindi ako naghataw nyan". ;) Kaya lampas 220kph yung speedometer nya, at lampas 8k yung kanyang tach. Pero pwedeng mali ako since I don't see any indicator lights lighting at yung other words doon sa km/l computation na nakikita sa video. ..hindi ko pa kasi ito na-try.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I was actually going to ask about that... if the Honda Jazz/City did the sweep test after turning the keys. Possible yun nga tapos photoshopped out yung warning lights...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    why is the current city called GM?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    2009 1.5E, put it to test along sctex going to hacienda luisita on way to baguio, easily reached 180km/hr in very short time, am with wifey, she did not noticed we were going that fast, still not floored, very stable, no vibration,hindi nakakatakot and the engine doesn't sound strained.Unlike my innova gas, hit 170km/hr, pero matagal bago ma reach ung top speed and parang sasabog na makina. Said it before, ganda talaga ivtec!. On average of 100km/hr cruising speed(up to Pugo- before going up at marcos highway), it registered 18km/L., then went down to 16km/L upon reaching Baguio.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
ano top speed ng honda city 1.5 and 1.3?