New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 334 of 433 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 4329
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by isotopes7 View Post
    In addition. Be careful rin pala when parking parallel and yung side has the gutter, na experienced ko na rin before pag pasok ng mga passenger sumayad yung door edge upon closing since bumaba na yung height. not my current civic though
    this is my gripe.
    whoever designed those gutters, obviously do not drive. or do not care.
    it is about as effective as putting up a waist-high wall there.

there is this road where i regularly pass.
    the car owners do not park close to the gutter, because it is so very mataas, because the barangay (i suspect) folks put up concrete planters at the edge of the gutter. they can not open their doors.
    kaya naman, laging ma-trapik sa road na yon.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    this is my gripe.
    whoever designed those gutters, obviously do not drive. or do not care.
    it is about as effective as putting up a waist-high wall there.

there is this road where i regularly pass.
    the car owners do not park close to the gutter, because it is so very mataas, because the barangay (i suspect) folks put up concrete planters at the edge of the gutter. they can not open their doors.
    kaya naman, laging ma-trapik sa road na yon.
    I hate those parking spaces. family members know the rules na when we park, do's and don't. Pero pag may passengers (makikisakay) ka na hinde aware or alam yung mga internal rules minsan nakakalimutan mag remind like being careful when getting in/out.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Totaled Civic FC doing rounds on fb... Gearbox replacement then alleged loss of brakes which caused SUA???

Doesn’t add up though plus the driver was apparently up there in age?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MamBad View Post
    Totaled Civic FC doing rounds on fb... Gearbox replacement then alleged loss of brakes which caused SUA???

Doesn’t add up though plus the driver was apparently up there in age?

was it a transmission gearbox or steering gearbox?

brakes dont fail that easily.. unless the booster had a leak.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    was it a transmission gearbox or steering gearbox?

brakes dont fail that easily.. unless the booster had a leak.
    Steering gearbox (the rampant FC issue)

Their casa replaced it and then the brake issue manifested 2 days later when the owner’s lolo used the car. Could it be casa error when they were putting back together?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015

Their casa replaced it and then the brake issue manifested 2 days later when the owner’s lolo used the car. Could it be casa error when they were putting back together?

SUA should've been loooong dead, but...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012

normally when the steering gear box is replaced, the wheel, brake caliper, and knuckle are removed, then subframe has to be lowered then they replace the gear box or steering assembly.

the brake lines can hold the caliper if its still new. even if the tech was lazy.

also if the brake fluid was low before the accident that would have been recorded in the error log.

after the mechanical job is done, the steering angle sensor have to be programmed afterwards.

brake system wouldn't have been compromised by this recall job.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Mine I think has a brake booster/vacuum leak.

Everytime I start the car in the morning, the brake pedal is hard to press.

This has been going on since I got the car, turning 1 year old next month already.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Mine I think has a brake booster/vacuum leak.

Everytime I start the car in the morning, the brake pedal is hard to press.

This has been going on since I got the car, turning 1 year old next month already.
    in many cars, the brake pedal is kinda hard to press, when the engine isn't running, or when the booster has a leak.
    but if it does have a leak, you'll probably have a hell of a time, driving that car in everyday traffic.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in many cars, the brake pedal is kinda hard to press, when the engine isn't running, or when the booster has a leak.
    but if it does have a leak, you'll probably have a hell of a time, driving that car in everyday traffic.
    Oddly, in 2 out of 10 times siguro, the brake pedal is not hard to press when left overnight or going home from the office (8-10 hours switched off).