New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Ang dapat, driver AND pedestrian sumunod sa batas-trapiko para maiwasan ang aksidente.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    May mga tumatawid ng commonwealth nang madaling araw... lahat ng kotseng dumadaan 100+ kph ang takbo. Walang sinabi yung EXTREME GAMES.

Ano masasabi nyo tungkol sa mga tumatawid sa ilalim ng footbridge?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    May mga tumatawid ng commonwealth nang madaling araw... lahat ng kotseng dumadaan 100+ kph ang takbo. Walang sinabi yung EXTREME GAMES.

Ano masasabi nyo tungkol sa mga tumatawid sa ilalim ng footbridge?
    Tanga yun. pero alam mo naman na maraming tumatawid dyan, bat di ka nag-miminor?

Remember, the driver should know all written laws of the road, the pedestrian doesn't. It is always the fault of the driver if he runs over the pedestrian. Let the traffic police do their job in reprimanding these pedestrians. If, you can't comprehend that, then you must stop driving.

Kung masagasaan mo yan at mamatay, kaya ba ng konsensya mo?

I agree with hominid in including traffic rules and regulation in the school curriculum.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    Tanga yun. pero alam mo naman na maraming tumatawid dyan, bat di ka nag-miminor?
    It was just an observation. hehe. Di naman talaga pwede magmabilis pag malapit na sa footbridge since:

1) minsan hindi ginagamit ang footbridge
    2) half the road is occupied by waiting jeepneys and buses

As a ped myself, oo nga, hassle sa umpisa ang pag akyat baba sa footbridge, mahirap umakyat minsan lalo na pag malayo ang footbridge o pag may dalang mabigat, pero mas okey naman yon kesa makipag patintero sa sasakyan.

Ni ayoko ngang makasagasa ng aso o pusa, tao pa kaya?
    Last edited by scharnhorst; September 16th, 2007 at 12:49 PM. Reason: addendum

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    oist wag kayo ganyan. baka "daw" labagin nanaman ang "karapatang pantao" nameng mga pedestrians. hahaha

kung driver ka, be responsible enough sa lahat ng bagay kapag nasa kalsada.
    kung pedestrian ka, be responsible enough din na sumunod sa mga tamang patakaran sa kalsada.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Guys, just play it safe na lang. Oras na nadali mo sila alam mong tingin ng ibang tao is ikaw ang may sala. Ideally the drivers should always yield to pedestrians, tama man sila or mali. Like somebody mentioned earlier, drivers should know better, that's why they have the license to drive. Pedestrians might not know as much as drivers do, but pedestrians who happen to also have a license know better, but it's nearly impossible to discern who is who.

Although I admit I've had my fair share of experiences (Manggahan area, mall areas where the security guard tells the drivers to go yet peds also cross, etc) it's best to just play it safe.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Guys, just play it safe na lang. Oras na nadali mo sila alam mong tingin ng ibang tao is ikaw ang may sala. Ideally the drivers should always yield to pedestrians, tama man sila or mali. Like somebody mentioned earlier, drivers should know better, that's why they have the license to drive. Pedestrians might not know as much as drivers do, but pedestrians who happen to also have a license know better, but it's nearly impossible to discern who is who.

Although I admit I've had my fair share of experiences (Manggahan area, mall areas where the security guard tells the drivers to go yet peds also cross, etc) it's best to just play it safe.
    Yes. :D Ingat-ingat na lang.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    defensive driving lang po! http://www.lto.gov.ph/traffic1.html

PEDESTRIAN SIGNALS...
    Motorists should be aware of pedestrian signal indications. They are used to control pedestrian traffic at intersections where there is conflict between vehicle and pedestrian movement. While these pedestrians are crossing the roadway, they have the right-of-way over all vehicles.
    A pedestrian facing the green walk signal may proceed across the roadway in the direction of the signal. A pedestrian facing a steady flashing "Don't Walk" signal should not start to cross the roadway. If a pedestrian has entered the roadway on the "walk" signal and the "Don't Walk" signal appears, he/she should proceed as quickly as possible to a safe area. While doing this, pedestrians still have the right of way over vehicles. Also a pedestrian should not cross the roadway when vehicular traffic has flashing green signal, unless he/she is facing a "Walk" signal

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I remember an instructor tell us during one of our Company's sponsored sessions that the motor vehicle always had the "Right of Way" while the pedestrian always had the "Right to Life". And it was always Right to Life over Right of Way.

The session was a Defensive Driving Class, so it was asserted in said class that had we all been driving defensively, in the strictest sense, then a lot of accidents related to pedestrians would be avoided.

In my personal view, yes, we have to drive more defensively and carefully, especially in high risk/accident prone areas. I'm not saying that by doing so, no accidents will occur, it will just reduce the likelihood of such accidents happening, and by your own hand, whether or not you really could have avoided it. If a pedestrian, or another motorist, just likes to tempt fate, and gets slapped by fate in return, well, that's another story. At least, on your part, as the driver, you could say that you were being careful.

As to the rhetorical questions posted in the opening message, I'd say it wasn't the driver's fault. I just hope and pray that I don't encounter these kinds of pedestrians on my street time.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by iamkristopher View Post
    Life > anything material.

Bakit ba kasi may mga nahalong !^*& sa gene pool. :lol:
    Hmm...

Jumped into the gene pool when the life guard wasn't looking

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Sinong May Sala??? Driver?