New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Makati mayor wants Binay 2010 plates removed

[SIZE=2]Makati Mayor Jejomar Binay Tuesday warned owners of "Binay 2010" vanity license plates to remove them from their vehicles or face possible arrest. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]"If they think they could get away from Makati's stiff traffic laws, they are mistaken. These license plates will not give the driver any form of immunity. In fact, merely having the vanity plate will earn them a traffic citation," Binay said in a statement. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Binay, president of the United Opposition (UNO), has earlier expressed his intention of running in the 2010 presidential race. He hopes to get the nod of the opposition to be its standard bearer in the coming polls. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The mayor said he has already directed the Makati Department of Public Safety to apprehend motorists who use “BINAY 2010” plates. The city's Traffic Code does not recognize vanity plates, slapping owners with a fine of P2,000 and confiscation of the license plate. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Binay also asked the Land Transportation Office (LTO) to clarify its policy on the issuance of vanity plates. He said the BINAY 2010 plates were manufactured and distributed without his knowledge or approval. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]"Since the vanity plate bears my name, I believe it would have been proper for the LTO to check with my office before it was approved, if ever it was approved by the office. Of course, I am not discounting the possibility that these plates were illegally manufactured," he said. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Binay said it is too early to engage in politicking for the 2010 presidential elections. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]"My concern for the moment is to focus on my major projects in Makati, since I am now serving my last term as mayor. As UNO president I am working with President Estrada in consolidating the ranks of the opposition," he said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Binay said he had been informed that cars bearing the BINAY 2010 plates have been spotted in Makati, Quezon City and other parts of Metro Manila.[/SIZE]
    Source: ABS CBN News.Com
    Jan. 15, 2008

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Kahit legal pa hindi ako maglalagay nyan.....

Wala ako makita advantage pag may BINAY ka na plaka :bwahaha:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by suv View Post
    Kahit legal pa hindi ako maglalagay nyan.....

Wala ako makita advantage pag may BINAY ka na plaka :bwahaha:
    paano pag no coding on makati..... baka mauna ka at harap-likod ang lagyan mo...hehehe :rofl:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ^
    Hindi ko ma-gets?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    so? bawal pala ang vanity plates sa makati ?

how about commemorative plates ?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bayonic View Post
    so? bawal pala ang vanity plates sa makati ?

how about commemorative plates ?
    Strict kasi sa Makati, walang exemption sa color coding kahit na anung plate sinabit mo pwera kung media ka o emergency talaga Kala siguro nung iba pagmay Binay Plate, exempted na sila sa coding sa Makati

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm, how come may nilabas na BINAY 2010 plates without the knowledge of Mayor Binay?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kunwari di alam ni binay...pero alam nya yun.....hugas kamay lang sya baka masita sya ng comelec ang aga-aga nyang mangampanya...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    paano pag no coding on makati..... baka mauna ka at harap-likod ang lagyan mo...hehehe :rofl:
    he he he he he.sa tingin ko nga

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    vanity plate na binay plate

pano ka naman maging vain nyan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Warning to those vehicles bearing 'Binay 2010' license plates!