New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ^ i remember the thread about motorcycle riders which included a poem which stated that cagers are cowards while riders are brave.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Let's all drive safely, please. Our lives are all compromised if someone drives recklessly.

5707:tumbleweed:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sana maisip din nila na di lang buhay nila nakataya. kung nasagasan nung TS yung body malamang kasuhan pa siya at pihadong mapeperwisyo din buhay niya sa isang bagay na wala naman siyang kasalanan. minalas lang.
    ganun ba talaga batas natin? oh wala lang masabi mga pulis pag ini-interview sa tv?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post
    Dapat ganyan din siguro yung lapida nya kaso dapat XRM. XRM ata yung motor nya e. RIP

dami kasi naka xrm nagyon e. sana naman mabawasan na yung mga ganyan.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    My father said that EAMC has had an increased amount of motorcycle riders involved in vehicular accidents. That's not a good sign.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Well, maraming bumibili ng motor dahil mura, economic and fast as hell. Pero di nila naiisip na at the moment that you purchase one, death is always near. Motorcycles should be used responsibly.

Naiinis nga ako dun sa mga tatay na nagsasakay ng buong pamilya sa motor e. Napaka delikado at the same time their risking their lives as well as their kids' lives.

Sa lahat ng nagtatanong kung tinulungan ko sya. Sorry pero hindi and wala akong balak makialam sa ganyang bagay lalo na pag involved ang accident. Maasahan mo kong tumulong sa car trouble pero di mo ko maasahan sa accidente. Lalo na pag may patay na involved. I hate blood, guts and dead bodies in the flesh.

All I can say is, R.I.P

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    nothing beats the motorcycle in terms of fuel efficiency. an XRM goes at 50km/liter. compare that with my suzuki which does 7km to a liter.

but, yeah, many riders are plain stupid when it comes to motorcycle safety. On open roads I don't go beyond 50kph, I never ride the bike at night, I use the a 3000peso helmet, always wear boots/maong pants/jacket/gloves when riding, and I never ever weave in and out of traffic.

I drive 4x4s so I know how difficult it is to see motorcycles when driving tall rigs.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Katakot naman mag motor.

almost no second chances pag naaksidente...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen1 View Post
    nothing beats the motorcycle in terms of fuel efficiency. an XRM goes at 50km/liter. compare that with my suzuki which does 7km to a liter.

but, yeah, many riders are plain stupid when it comes to motorcycle safety. On open roads I don't go beyond 50kph, I never ride the bike at night, I use the a 3000peso helmet, always wear boots/maong pants/jacket/gloves when riding, and I never ever weave in and out of traffic.

I drive 4x4s so I know how difficult it is to see motorcycles when driving tall rigs.
    As I recall, he was wearing safety devices like pads and all that. sheesh mabilis lang talaga sya. hay kawawa naman mga naiwan nya. Oo nga pala, I forgot to mention, the bike was still intact.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Nung nandyan ako for two months I saw a total of around 5 accidents.

One was a Ford Expedition bumped into a motorcycle, or maybe the rider swerved into the Ford's path I don't recall, it all happened so fast.

Second already happened, two riders collided with each other with both bikes already on the pavement and the two drivers arguing madly. The other bike had more damage, the one behind had a passenger. All of them seemed OK from a passing motorist's point of view.

Third already happened too this time a tricycle not 5 minutes away from our house seemed to hit a rider (or maybe the truck that was parked diagonally on the pavement). The rider was already lying on the ground with people tending to him.

Fourth was when two cars in front of the rider stopped, with the car in front stopping but the rider was going too fast and nearly hit the bumper of the car in front of him, so he swerved but nearly fell also. Luckily he didn't.

The last one was another motorcycle-motorcycle collision but this time we were already passing faster than the previous two-motorcycle incident.

And all these happened in a span of two months during my stay. I never saw these kinds of accidents last year, or the year before. What's worse is the riders are becoming more daring and I encounter more stupid riders than more responsible ones too. I guess that also makes "cagers" (is that what you call car drivers?) prone to hating riders all the more, all the while also creating more dangerous situations than safer ones. In a country where traffic is as bad as it can get, that's probably the last thing we need.

Is the cost of fuel savings worth the cost of life/lives?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
A shocking experience (motorcycle accident)