New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    I think the use of the shoulder is because of those selfish aholes on the passing and 2nd lanes. Not to condone those passing on the shoulder, of course. If the passing lane were really observed, then there would be no reason to look for a faster lane (i.e. the shoulder).
    It makes no difference, you're (whoever it is using the shoulder) still breaking the law and causing danger to other motorists just to satisfy your own reasoning.

By "you", I'm pertaining to those commiting the offense, not you personally, just to clarify.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    It makes no difference, you're (whoever it is using the shoulder) still breaking the law and causing danger to other motorists just to satisfy your own reasoning.

By "you", I'm pertaining to those commiting the offense, not you personally, just to clarify.
    Me?!

Nah, just kidding, I know what you mean. Actually, what I said didn't come out quite right. There's no justification for using the shoulder, unless of course it IS a real emergency. Other than that, any justification is just not valid.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    NLEX? yes, takot ako mag-overtake sa kanan baka biglang mag-
    swerve ang loko warat na kaming parehas kasalanan ko pa. :seesaw:

EDSA? i usually pass on the right side because of U-turn slots,
    mahirap makabayo mga railings before U-turn slot. nakakagulat
    na nakakahiya pa. :shocked2:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    iMm: hehe

I don't think EDSA counts as a highway... It's just an avenue...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    iMm: hehe

I don't think EDSA counts as a highway... It's just an avenue...
    Ah highway lang ba? In that case, Highway 54. But seriously, it's dangerous to pass on the right side on highways. It's a good thing that this passing on the left lane rule is better applied on NLEX (not to say that's it totally applied) rather than SLEX. wala ngang shoulder sa SLEX from magallanes to alabang.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    I don't follow it in city routes for I have read in the LTO website that overtaking in the right is allowed provided that there's a designated lane for a vehicle to do so otherwise, it would be illegal, I only follow it when either I'm riding my bike or driving my car inside tollways, when I was a kid I used to overtake on the shoulder but not anymore...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    NLEX - yes. SLEX - yes (pag hindi traffic). SKYWAY - yes.
    all other roads, NO - unless i want to get stuck behind a sh!tload of PUVs battling for position.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    yap i always follow this rule (NLEX & SLEX)..

pero nakakainis din yung hindi nasunod nito esp sa SLEX, kaya minsan sa slow lane ka na lang mag overtake sabay cut sa kanya, hehehe

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    minsan may ubod ng bagal sa leftmost lane eh 55 kph ang takbo niya. flash my headlight and honk my horn (nun deadma niya yun headlight ko) for him to let me pass eh ang tigas talaga so ako nalang nag pass sa kanya. eh medyo may toyo ako so i went infront of him ang slow down to his speed. hehehe ang loko siya naman ang nag headlight and bumusina. then a big road sign came "use leftmost lane for overtaking" ata. sabay turo ko sa kanya. then I sped off. nakita ko from the rear view mirror lumipat na siya sa middle lane. sa ko kay tess tignan mo yun bopols na yan di ata marunong magbasa, to which she replied, "hindi nag exit na siya sta. rita....ngek nag swerve papunta sa exit!!!! anyway, ingats na alng mga peeps. anticipation is the key. if you are gonna use the right lane for passing make sure the vehicle on your left knows what you are doing by flashing your headlights and honking your horn.
    ganyan din ang nangyari sakin minsan sa marcos hiway, nag-overtake po ako, dahil sa bagal ng jeep at nakuha pang magbaba sa gitna ng marcos hiway, medyo prone accident yun area, at meron din signages. grrrrr. pag-over take ko, binusinahan ko yun jeep kala ng car sa likod ko sya ang binusinahan ko, hinabol ba naman ako, at pinara siguro baguhan din, at nabigla, yun lang e nahirapan syang habulin ako hehehehe! accord car nya, xl lang car ko, nagpasikot sikot ako sa traffic.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by evs_13 View Post
    yap i always follow this rule (NLEX & SLEX)..

pero nakakainis din yung hindi nasunod nito esp sa SLEX, kaya minsan sa slow lane ka na lang mag overtake sabay cut sa kanya, hehehe
    Naku hindi lang sa SLEX, pati sa Coastal dami din hindi sumusunod diyan. Iilan lang yung lilipat sa slow lane pag nag busina ka o nag flash ng ilaw. Meron pa nga iba bibilisan din nila pag nakita magpass ka sa kanan.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Keep Right except to Overtake - Do you obey this?