New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I used the NLEX yesterday and noticed violators of this rule. Despite the number and size of the signages, this rule is grossly disregarded by some drivers. Even some slow moving vehicles were keeping on this "overtaking only" lane.

I wish NLEX would strictly enforce this rule - just like the "speed limits" rule. Otherwise, just remove the signages.

By the way, I do obey this and other traffic rules.:drive1:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I am guilty at times (but I drive fast, so I am overtaking most of the times.... hehehe)

But after I read the posts here, am more aware now....

:starwars:

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Keep Right except to Overtake - Do you obey this?
    Kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan? yup, i do. And all of the traffic rules that i am aware of.

Downside pag sumusunod sa rules, nakaka-init ng ulo pag nakakita ka ng maraming pasaway! ANd there's a lot of these pasaway in NLEX. This hi-way is complete with signages bot written in tagalog and english. I just don't know why there exists a lot of idiots. Kungsabagay, kaya ng idiot ang tawag eh noh!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang daming ganyan lalo na sa slex saka sa coastal road. ung nlex natuwa pa ako nung nag drive ako diyan kasi marami-rami pang sumusunod na pagka-overtake balik sa lane nila. deym, may nakasabay pa ako diyan na pajero halos pareho kami ng speed. siguro nagtitipid din, kaya pag nag overtake ako overtake din siya tapos pareho lang kame ng phase. hehehe. para kaming convoy. hahaha

noon hindi masyado, now i follow. its the safest pala!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    This should be super-imlemented by the authorities of the highway to teach drivers how to use the highway. They should even add this to the seminars taken on LTO.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat nga implement pa to ng mas mabuti. para hindi nila na aabala yung mga gustong umovertake.
    minsan parang ayaw ko na to sundin 'to kasi nakaka walang gana yung mga mababagal sa leftmost lane. ikaw gusto mo sumunod sila naman ayaw or walang pakialam. ang. ginagawa ko, sa bandang right na lang ako dumadaan. mukang mas mabilis pa dito minsan.

dapat slowpokes keep right...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    everytime I try to obey the rules ako ang ginigitgit ng ibang motorista... lalo nang baguhan pa ako nagdrive sa EDSA ako pa ang napagtripan ng MMDA!

mostly kasi overtake ako palagi kaya nag left ako pero madami dami pa din mga mababagal sa left lane... sawanag sawa na ako kakabright for me to pass na natuto na ako gamin ang right lane for overtaking.

this applies to every major road or interchange na nadaanan ko na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sobrang hirap sundin nito sa edsa. hindi mo na magagamit ung left most lane for overtake kasi laging traffic. hehehe. sa expressways talaga dapat mahigpit na iniimplement to.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    as much as possible i try to obey rules, on nlex i keep on the left side i drive at 100-120kph, however when there are not much vehicles, i keep right.

onmanila traffic especially EDSA i stay at the center most of the times, left side has the uturn slots, right side are the PUV, so center would be the fastest way on a busy traffic

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Keep Right except to Overtake - Do you obey this?