The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I do. I just stay on the middle lane.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I do obey this ...........in NLEX.
    Hirap sundin to sa SLEX kasi mas maraming lubak sa right lane. But,I do shift to right lane if the car behind me I sense he's running faster than I do.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I stay out of the passing lane unless I'm passing. But I also don't venture into the slowest lane. I'm usually in the middle cruising at 100kph.

Very short bursts of up to 120-130kph when overtaking to minimize exposure in the passing lane and resume my 100kph cruising speed in the middle lane. Mga uber slow buses lang naman and those dumptrucks with flying debris ang kadalasang mas mabagal sa akin ang takbo.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Dami nyan sa SLEX. Ang kainis pa maski yong mga nagpapatrol nakikita na nila ang mga violator pero di man lamang sinisita. Tapos pag mag horn ka o headlight signal, sila pa ang galit kaya tuloy yong iba dumadaan na lang sa shoulder road.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I do but I drive fast and overtake very often. We just have to abide by rules as they are not set to boss around anyone but for the safety of everyone.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Most of the time I do. But sometimes crusing at 100-120kph, meron na bigla nasa likod mo, even then, if there is enought distance I switch over to the right lane. Yung iba kasi sa right lane na kaagad mag overtake. so I switch to the right after they have overtaken me.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    I do. Kapag may mga hindi sumusunod iniisip ko nalang na hindi sila aware para hindi gaanong nakaiinis.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Do you think people follow the rule here in the US din? No!

People usually cram into the 1st lane and make the 2nd lane even faster. Here the highways can be 4 lanes wide, the trucks stay on the 3rd lane limited to 55mph (90kph) while the ones entering and exiting the highway stay on the 4th lane. Any vehicle towing anything stays on the 3rd lane. Kapag holidays you'll see pick up trucks hauling boats, a trailer dolly with ATV's, etc.

I usually stay in the 2nd lane na, pero sometimes the first lane will be faster, sometimes the 2nd lane, so whichever is faster dun ako sasabay. Even the CHP doesn't mind as long as you're going with the flow of traffic. That is the safest rule here, basta go with the flow ka, kahit above the speed limit ok lang.

I mean one time we were all driving 70-80mph and this CHP unit silently shot past us all. Silang lahat bumagal bigla (it's true, that happens!!) to 65ish (the legal speed limit) but the CHP unit didn't care, tuloy tuloy lang siguro may urgent situation. Anyway, when he was gone, I noticed the cars speed up ulet back to 80

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't know about NLEX and perhaps Coastal, but this is impossible to do along SLEX and Edsa. Everybody wants the passing lane. But does he actually pass? Of course not! So the rule becomes, keep right to overtake.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Do you think people follow the rule here in the US din? No!

I do whenever traveling back and forth between Tucson AZ and Reno NV. Like many here, I choose to stay at the middle lane, if possible, and set the cruise control to 75mph/120kph.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Keep Right except to Overtake - Do you obey this?